• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booo! No DLC megaton. I used the Wii to check the last update, and while it loaded the dojo I got the blue light...but it was nothing important. We had some last minute for old times sake speculation that it would be DLC or something similarly awesome. I guess you could say this was one of those love/hate things. I loved getting info on the game every day, but hated the speculation and false propheting that spawned and wouldn't die until every last door was closed. I didn't post much here, but I did keep up with the topic.

I wonder how long until SSB4 appears....if ever, heh. Years from now, probably. The world may end in 2012 (Super Earth Bros. Brawl, FTW), so we may never see it, but I wonder if Jiggy will be here for the next dojo, or will someone take his place. Oh, the future.

Well, goodbye dojo thread.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Another day, eh? The dojo thread just got a new (short) lease on life!

And after like 5 pages of "OMG this is it GOODBYE EVERYONE" posts :lol

Really though, every extra post this thread gets before it's closed makes me happy. :D

Jiggy

Sciz

Iam Canadian said:
I'm not sure if my sleep schedule will ever be what it once was. Not after a year of this.
It's taken going on a vacation to get me back to sleeping before 1 AM instead of 2 or 3. I blame the Dojo entirely.

Jiggy

I may never get back to normal. We seriously need a Dojo for Sora's next project, that updates at like 6:15 AM or something, late enough to not stay up for but early enough to encourage us to go to sleep really early so that we can wake up to such things.

JCX

even though I didn't post as much as others, this has been an awesome thread. I even got my first ban here. It i good that a lot of people are in the brawl irc so the community goes on

Haunted

sp0rsk said:
Crushed keeps e-mailing me asking to keep the thread open till he gets unbanned tomorrow.
Lock it 5 seconds after his ban is up so he can click on post reply and write his post but never submit it.

Raw64life

Thought it was funny that I made it into the quote summaries even though I barely posted in here. Hopefully more big games will use a Dojo-like method of revealing information in the future as it has obviously been successful by the looks of this thread.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ive been gone from this thread too long, what is this quote thing?

Anyways, fun times were had here, good stuff

pulga

Banned
Holy shit, thanks Jiggy and everyone else who gave up their time to create those posts made of win. I was quite surprised to see myself quoted, didn't realize I said anything of note :lol :lol

and Crushed is awesome, I can't believe he bought this thread another day :lol

Bizzyb

Banned
My first official post in this thread and it's the LAST day of updates.

Ah well, at least I got to be apart of it while it lasted. :D

Haunted

Just checked some of the summary quotes. Thanks for making sure everyone knows just how bad I predicted... well... everything. >_<

And I completely forgot that I missed the Sonic update. 8 kermit .gifs? Sounds about right.

I spent so many hours staying up late just to see the nightly update. I am really going to miss it.

I want this to happen again, for all major releases. At least the ones that have even 25% of the fan-wankery that SSBB has offered.

Haunted One said:
Just checked some of the summary quotes. Thanks for making sure everyone knows just how bad I predicted... well... everything. >_<

And I completely forgot that I missed the Sonic update. 8 kermit .gifs? Sounds about right.

You were too important not to quote. I wanted Megaman too. >_<

MrCheez

crowphoenix said:
You were too important not to quote. I wanted Megaman too. >_<

I noticed that the section with the infamous megaman ban-bets didn't end up as part of the quotes compilation...

Maybe that is a good thing :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
_PM said:
It was nice to lurk in this thread. Too bad my activation arrived so late...

Its ok. You have Sami in your avatar so you must be a good person.

Sami for DLC

scottnak

Saitou said:
Hahahaha, I can't believe Captain Vishnu got quoted! I barely even posted in this thread at all.
That thing was crazy epic. I remember freaking out wtf is that when I first saw it...

So uhh... what do we do tonight? :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
scottnak said:
That thing was crazy epic. I remember freaking out wtf is that when I first saw it...

So uhh... what do we do tonight? :(

I'm predicting Tetra/Zelda and Wind Waker Ganon playable tonight.

MrCheez

This is just like that time when the Dojo took a week off from updating...

only this time it's FOREVER T_T
or until Smash 4, anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom