• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Jiggy

Whether it's Dr.Hadji, OliveJuice, or someone as good as either of those two who reach me, my only chance to survive past round 7 might be if someone has connection issues and people who are near me or who are me get moved around in the bracket. :lol

scottnak

Arol over ScottNak
Arol over ScottNak on Lylat

Arol was Lucario, I was Kirby.

Man. so close on that last game. Kept surviving up to 200% and then tried to do a suicide kill since I was so high on percentage... missed the ledge and died... oh well good games :p

Sent another PM. If he's not here within the next 2-3 hours I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon due to an exam.

Edit: Never mind. I don't have any extra time tonight anymore.

Arol

Yeah both matches were really great.

Btw I'm probably better off asking. Should I PM XiaNaphryz? He posted stating he wouldn't be back until the 20th which I'll be able to play on that date anyways unless something comes up.

Firestorm

Arol said:
Yeah both matches were really great.

Btw I'm probably better off asking. Should I PM XiaNaphryz? He posted stating he wouldn't be back until the 20th which I'll be able to play on that date anyways unless something comes up.

You could PM him saying you'll be ready to play on the 20th.

Crimmy

pmed Deceit Decide.

weepy, its koo. you did seem a little off and it didnt seem like that was how you always play. Whenever you want to play again just let me know.

Relix, lol @ this rate I dont think you have to because the loser bracket wont end. Im still mad at myself for selfing TWICE! lol

Okay, Mark D and I had our match. I won 2-0.

OliveJuice (Falco) vs Mark D (Meta Knight)
OliveJuice (Falco) vs Mark D (Diddy Kong) (Shadow Moses)

Good games Mark D.

I'm trying to get my match running but the whole time difference thing is making it a bit tough. Might have to get up early tomorrow morning to do it or something.

Chris R

Can't wait to see how the yeb vs MrCheez turns out since I fought them both. I'll save my personal opinions for later though :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
rhfb said:
Can't wait to see how the yeb vs MrCheez turns out since I fought them both. I'll save my personal opinions for later though :D

Haha, we just finished... who did you think was going to win? :)

Because I lost T_T

Round 1: MrCheez (Olimar) over Yeb (MetaKnight) on Battlefield
Round 2: Yeb (MetaKnight) over MrCheez (Olimar) on Hannebow
Round 3: Yeb (Snake) Over MrCheez (Olimar) on Shadow Moses

That second round... Yeb is just EEEEVIL for picking Hannebow :lol I should have chosen someone other than Olimar, but I made a bet with myself to bring Olimar and his Pikmin pals all the way through the tournament... didn't want to turn back now :)

That was the most frustrating match ever for me, I have to say. :lol But that third match was a very legit win to Yeb, who has a badass Snake. Congrats!

Anyway thanks again for this entire tournament Firestorm... gotta practice more for the next one :)

yeb

MrCheez said:
Haha, we just finished... who did you think was going to win? :)

Because I lost T_T

Round 1: MrCheez (Olimar) over Yeb (MetaKnight) on Battlefield
Round 2: Yeb (MetaKnight) over MrCheez (Olimar) on Hannebow
Round 3: Yeb (Snake) Over MrCheez (Olimar) on Shadow Moses

That second round... Yeb is just EEEEVIL for picking Hannebow :lol I should have chosen someone other than Olimar, but I made a bet with myself to bring Olimar and his Pikmin pals all the way through the tournament... didn't want to turn back now :)

That was the most frustrating match ever for me, I have to say. :lol But that third match was a very legit win to Yeb, who has a badass Snake. Congrats!

Anyway thanks again for this entire tournament Firestorm... gotta practice more for the next one :)

This was the first match in the tourney I've actually used Meta Knight; Olimar's probably the only match-up where I feel much more comfortable with him (especially on Hanenbow :lol). Snake on Shadow Moses was too good to resist, though. I even tried doing the codec taunt to hopefully obstruct your view of pikmin, but I suck at that and somehow managed a combo involving the box instead. Look forward to seeing you in the IRC some more.
<--Hint to anyone else in the thread

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Relix said:
Huh.... Look above?

Oh well Cheez... there will always be another time :D

Yep yep... I kind of prefer stress-free non-tourney matches anyway. :lol I have a problem with nerves whenever I'm part of a real competition, for some reason @_@

yeb said:
Snake on Shadow Moses was too good to resist, though. I even tried doing the codec taunt to hopefully obstruct your view of pikmin, but I suck at that and somehow managed a combo involving the box instead. Look forward to seeing you in the IRC some more.
<--Hint to anyone else in the thread

Oh man if I knew you were trying to do the codec I would have left you alone. And yes... you did hit me with your freaking box :lol

Anyway YES the IRC room rocks, I will definitely be in there more often :)

Yeah I am gonna start getting in the irc from now on. I need to practice against new people.

Still wish I could figure out a good time to do my match :/

Round 6

biggkidd32 vs Milabrega

biggkidd32 (Wolf) over Milabrega (Mr. Game & Watch)

biggkidd32 (Lucas) over Milabrega (Mr. Game & Watch) - Smashville

Good games Mila you had me nervous during both matches, looking forward to face you again.

Jiggy

Winners' Bracket Round 7 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Battlefield. Listed stages are for the second and third matches. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) Relix (Luigi, Luigi, Luigi) over biggkidd32 (Wolf, Wolf, Lucas) 2-1; Final Destination, Battlefield

Stages used this round: Battlefield, Final Destination.

Losers' Bracket Round 7 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Battlefield. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) yeb (Meta Knight, Meta Knight, Snake) over MrCheez (Olimar, Olimar, Olimar) 2-1; Hanenbow, Shadow Moses Island
2) layzie1989 (Lucas, Lucas) over PunjabiPlaya (Ike, Ike) 2-0; Delfino Plaza
3) Dr.Hadji (King Dedede, King Dedede, King Dedede) over Jiggy37 (King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Lucas) 2-1; Green Greens, Luigi's Mansion
4) Iam Canadian (Wolf, R.O.B.) over Manabanana (Lucas, Sonic) 2-0; Green Hill Zone
5) Crimmy over shaft by opponent forfeit
6) Killa Sasa (Mario, Donkey Kong) over Dechaios (Wolf, Ganondorf) 2-0; Lylat Cruise
7) SuperAndroid17 (Wolf, Ike) over Keru_Shiri (Falco, Pikachu) 2-0; Final Destination
8) Arol (two wins and one loss for Toon Link) over teasel (two losses and one win for Olimar) 2-1; Smashville, Mario Circuit

Matches complete: 8/8. 100%% of this round of the losers' bracket is completed.
Shutouts: 4 (50%)
2-1 matchups: 3 (37.5%)
Forfeits: 1 (12.5%)

Stages used this round: Delfino Plaza, Final Destination, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Mario Circuit, Shadow Moses Island, Smashville.

Not a single stage was used repeated--very unusual for this tournament!

Bloodwake

So we have our Winner's Bracket final two match. The winner of this match has to fight the winner of the Loser's Bracket (which could just end up being the same person, remember that).

Biggkidd32 vs relix

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bloodwake said:
So we have our Winner's Bracket final two match. The winner of this match has to fight the winner of the Loser's Bracket (which could just end up being the same person, remember that).

Biggkidd32 vs relix

Holy. Fuck.

YES!!!!

KIDD THE TIME HAS COME. But we won't be playing soon...... =P. I haven't touched Brawl in two days, so I fear for my... uber skills. That means I gotta, hmm... practice tonight. Hey if we can hold it tonight it would be great, gotta shake off some rust though... but at least I got Wolf by the neck *wink*

EDIT: Is there somebody with video recording equipment? I would like for this to be recorded =D. A third person can host and then kill himself. Of course... if I feel a bit too much of bothersome lag the deal's over. I can only beat Kidd when lag levels are tolerable.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Wait, I actually won a match by forfeit while I was banned, only to lose the next one by forfeit? :lol

Damn it, this tournament should be redone. Way too many losses by forfeit.

Relix so when are we doing this? Are you prepared to join Droid at the left side of the bracket? I'll give you my game plan spam, spam, spam, forward smash, dodge, down smash. Good luck.

Bloodwake

Crushed said:
Wait, I actually won a match by forfeit while I was banned, only to lose the next one by forfeit? :lol

The next one isn't too far off. I can't wait.

(plus the tournament I'm running at that other forum is basically dead anyways)

Firestorm

Crushed said:

There's always too many forfeits. I'm pretty sure half the first Pokemon tournament matches were forfeits. People seem to love to sign up and never show.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
Relix so when are we doing this? Are you prepared to join Droid at the left side of the bracket? I'll give you my game plan spam, spam, spam, forward smash, dodge, down smash. Good luck.

Yeah, its the only cheap way you can win with the cheap Wolf, sadly, as you have experienced beforehand, it doesn't seem to work as effectively as before, so your plan diminishes. Also, your weak ass Lucas cannot touch the might of the one and only Luigi. Prepare to get owned =).

Your gameplan is more like... get the fucka way from Relix, shoot the lasers as fast as I can, down A, side A... and wait for Relix to sidestep instead of perfect-counter.... but if I perfect counter I'll put your damage from 0 to 70. You know it =)

Smacktalk and Hype! WOHOOO

Relix said:
Yeah, its the only cheap way you can win with the cheap Wolf, sadly, as you have experienced beforehand, it doesn't seem to work as effectively as before, so your plan diminishes. Also, your weak ass Lucas cannot touch the might of the one and only Luigi. Prepare to get owned =).

Smacktalk and Hype! WOHOOO

Interesting that you say that considering how the last lucas vs luigi match ended.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
biggkidd32 said:
Interesting that you say that considering how the last lucas vs luigi match ended.

Yup...

One stock on each.

137% damage Luigi, 120% Lucas... I jump over you so I could doge Lucas's Up+A but someway, somehow it didn't and I got killed. Very anticlimatic. When was the last time your Lucas beat my Luigi? Don't sweat it... you are gonna be using Wolf. Only way you can ever touch me =)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
By the way, Firestorm, I've PM'd Dreavus and we'll be having our match tomorrow.

At this point, I'm beginning to think that the real question in this tournament isn't so much who's going to win as how long it will be before the forfeits and connection woes cause Firestorm to snap.

Iam Canadian said:
By the way, Firestorm, I've PM'd Dreavus and we'll be having our match tomorrow.

At this point, I'm beginning to think that the real question in this tournament isn't so much who's going to win as how long it will be before the forfeits and connection woes cause Firestorm to snap.

Then I'll finally have an opponent! And look out kids, I've got some new tricks ;D

Yesssssssssssssss finally! Thank you Dechaios, it has been a long time since my last match.

I feel like a phoenix, rising out of Arizona.

Yeah I have no idea what is up with my match. He said he was going to forfeit since he didn't have the time but then he said he might have time yesterday but then he didn't respond back to me.

>.>

I will send him another PM and try to get a match going.

Top Bottom