• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Meia

(P4AU) So I have absolutely no idea why I've not seen this mentioned anywhere, but Fog (P4 spoilers) is actually in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. It plays during Shadow character mirrors.

Also, here's in-depth translated information via Siliconera of what PSC episode 2 contained.

Isn't that song choice kind of a terrible idea though since they used part of it as the instant kill theme of Arena 1?

Are we changing our avatars to characters we hate, is that what's going on.
If so I am torn because on one hand I hate myself quite a bit but on the other I could change to Aigis or a picture of a literal actual toaster and that would be keeping in the spirit of this wacky April Fool's Day event.

Retweeted on the Persona twitter. Is this an Atlus April Fools joke? The timing is perfect for it to be one.

Id buy anything Adachi.

Trying to find a P4AU Persona 3 Shadow character mirror video and it's impossible. After discovering that the match-up specific song for the P4 side was Fog, I was wondering if it would be Burn My Dread or something for the P3 side.

There is a specific song for P3 characters, but there are so many videos on youtube now that I forgot where i saw it. There's also a specific song if you have 2 girls from p3 fight each other.

Sophia

There is a specific song for P3 characters, but there are so many videos on youtube now that I forgot where i saw it. There's also a specific song if you have 2 girls from p3 fight each other.

Mitsuru and Yukari mirror matches have Wiping All Out play.
Akihiko and Junpei mirror matches have Mass Destruction
Aigis mirror matches have Mass Destruction P3FES.

I don't think anyone knows what Flux is asking for yet tho, which is the mirror match themes for the Shadow versions of any of the above characters.

If it's not the regular Heartful Cry, they've failed(even if a remix is Aigis's theme).

It's not. See above.

Jintor

Are we changing our avatars to characters we hate, is that what's going on.
If so I am torn because on one hand I hate myself quite a bit but on the other I could change to Aigis or a picture of a literal actual toaster and that would be keeping in the spirit of this wacky April Fool's Day event.

oh that turnipfritters *sitcom laughter*

After the sauna comes the strip tease.
Ne8IU8a.png

!

Incredible Rise artwork. When's the release date? ;)

FluxWaveZ

Isn't that song choice kind of a terrible idea though since they used part of it as the instant kill theme of Arena 1?

IK song in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is Time to Make History.

Talking specifically about Shadow P3 character mirror matches. I'm really curious now concerning what it could be if it isn't Fog, because I hadn't even heard about Fog being in the game until now.

Mitsuru and Yukari mirror matches have Wiping All Out play.
Akihiko and Junpei mirror matches have Mass Destruction
Aigis mirror matches have Mass Destruction P3FES.

I don't think anyone knows what Flux is asking for yet tho, which is the mirror match themes for the Shadow versions of any of the above characters.

To be more accurate, known MU specific songs are the following:

- P3 character mirror match (excluding Elizabeth) = Mass Destruction
- Female P3 non-mirror character match (possibly excluding Elizabeth) = Wiping All Out
- P4 character mirror match = Reach Out To The Truth
- Normal vs. Shadow character (reverse mirror match) = I'll Face Myself -Battle-
- Kanji vs. Shadow Kanji = Muscle Blues
- P4 Shadow character mirror match = Fog
- P3 Shadow character mirror match = ?

FluxWaveZ

Yep, I know it was changed, it's still going to be jarring suddenly hearing that part in a song for first timers to the new game after the old one and hearing the IK theme. :p

I'm not into many of the music choices in P4AU, but even I think that's a pretty big nitpick, heh. Especially if they allow one to change the IK theme like they do in BlazBlue.

Sophia

I do wish Ultimax had more music. It's kind of disappointing that the Shadow characters are all basically using boot-strapped themes that don't really fit a fighting game.

FluxWaveZ

I do wish Ultimax had more music. It's kind of disappointing that the Shadow characters are all basically using boot-strapped themes that don't really fit a fighting game.

Yeah, and the key is more "original" music. They've thrown in a whole lot of existing tracks into the selectable battle themes; perhaps too much since we've got stuff like Shadow Chie having Backside of the TV as her theme. That kind of choice barely makes any sense, if any at all.

Sophia

Got it now. This is amazing.
Ignore my last post, guys. I'm a bit tired today, so I didn't catch on to this.

It's an awesome trailer. Gives me some serious Persona 2 vibes there. Spoilering the rest of this for people who haven't watched it:
The way it's designed is very convincing until the half way mark. Some good editing going on there.

That trailer is the greatest thing I've seen in a long time, and the 3DS and PS4 logos at the end kill me every time. Bravo, Levito ATLUS, for an awesome April Fools Day Joke.

Dantis

Can't wait what comes next!
probably should get started on my end...

No rush, pal! By the way, draw it in whatever style you feel most comfortable in.

DDS2.jpg

I'm starting to notice that Kaneko's art(most of the time) looks better in game than it does outside of the game(only when the game is 3D though).

What.

DDS is Kaneko at his best. His art for it looks amazing.

It is, Soejima explained in an interview (I believe it was for his artbook) that he was allowed with coloring the promo illustrations for Persona 1 after somebody (most likely Kaneko) liked his work on Soul Hackers.

Correct!

EDIT: That trailer is amazing. Well done to 'Atlus'.

I'll admit, I was taken before the anime stuff appeared, good V/O by whoever did it.
Also, when I saw the 3DS logo, the 'FAKE' was ringing so loud in my head I didnt even register the PS4 logo.

Hey Buddha, doesnt the new art week start today?

Levito

Banned
Well I guess that proverbial cat is out of the bag as it were. That grimdark Persona 5 trailer was a group effort on the part of Trueself, Pan-hime, Armada, a fellow editor of mine from RelyOnHorror, and myself.

Here's (briefly) how it went down:

-About a month ago I came up with the idea to make a grimdark P5 trailer for April Fools, brought the idea I had to Trueself, and he suggested we make it much bigger than what I had planned.

-The voiceovers you hear in the trailer are Armada, Pan-hime, and my friend Zack(RoH editor). Armada mixed the audio to make the voices sound demonic.

-I wrote the script for the voiceover dialog, and by that I mean I took something like a Philemon line and mashed it together with lyrics from various Black Metal bands. lol

-Trueself made all the awesome graphics like Hashino, P5, etc. The "Seek Emancipation" one being my favorite because of the platform lists.

-The song used is called crawlspace, it's from Breaking Bad.

-The anime used was stuff I knew of, and stuff CJkeats suggested. They are: Wolf Children, Elfen Lied, School Days, End of Evangelion, and Another.

-I edited the whole thing together.

It was way too much fun, all the salt on the internet is killing me.

Lunar15

Well I guess that proverbial cat is out of the bag as it were. That grimdark Persona 5 trailer was a group effort on the part of Trueself, Pan-hime, Armada, a fellow editor of mine from RelyOnHorror, and myself.

-About a month ago I came up with the idea to make a grimdark P5 trailer for April Fools, brought the idea I had to Trueself, and he suggested we make it much bigger than what I had planned.

-The voice overs you hear in the trailer are Armada, Pan-hime, and my friend Zack(RoH editor). Armada mixed the audio to make the voices sound demonic.

-I wrote the script for the voiceover dialog, and by that I mean I took something like a Philemon line and mashed it together with lyrics from various Black Metal bands. lol

-Trueself made all the awesome graphics like Hashino, P5, etc. The "Seek Emancipation" one being my faovirte because of the platform lists.

-The anime used was stuff I knew of, and stuff CJkeats suggest. They are: Wolf Children, Elfen Lied, School Days, End of Evangelion, and Another.

I edited the whole thing together.

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

-The voice overs you hear in the trailer are Armada, Pan-hime, and my friend Zack(RoH editor). Armada mixed the audio to make the voices sound demonic.

-Trueself made all the awesome graphics like Hashino, P5, etc. The "Seek Emancipation" one being my faovirte because of the platform lists.

-The anime used was stuff I knew of, and stuff CJkeats suggest. They are: Wolf Children, Elfen Lied, School Days, End of Evangelion, and Another.

tumblr_m2x2o51eXL1qdm6n2.png

It was awesome

Dantis

It was legitimately really cool. Well done to all involved!

Top Bottom