• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Meia

Well I guess that proverbial cat is out of the bag as it were. That grimdark Persona 5 trailer was a group effort on the part of Trueself, Pan-hime, Armada, a fellow editor of mine from RelyOnHorror, and myself.

Here's (briefly) how it went down:

-About a month ago I came up with the idea to make a grimdark P5 trailer for April Fools, brought the idea I had to Trueself, and he suggested we make it much bigger than what I had planned.

-The voice overs you hear in the trailer are Armada, Pan-hime, and my friend Zack(RoH editor). Armada mixed the audio to make the voices sound demonic.

-I wrote the script for the voiceover dialog, and by that I mean I took something like a Philemon line and mashed it together with lyrics from various Black Metal bands. lol

-Trueself made all the awesome graphics like Hashino, P5, etc. The "Seek Emancipation" one being my faovirte because of the platform lists.

-The song used is called crawlspace, it's from Breaking Bad.

-The anime used was stuff I knew of, and stuff CJkeats suggest. They are: Wolf Children, Elfen Lied, School Days, End of Evangelion, and Another.

-I edited the whole thing together.

It was way too much fun, all the salt on the internet is killing me.

Best community ever? Best community ever.

Man, that trailer was really cool. I wouldn't be surprised if people actually believed it to be a legit Atlus video.

How did you create those demon voices?

P.S no chars and chains?

Man, that trailer was really cool. I wouldn't be surprised if people actually believed it to be a legit Atlus video.

How did you create those demon voices?

P.S no chars and chains?

Levito said he wanted gore, he got gore. :)

Also, I'm not good enough at animation to do the whole "breaking chains" thing from the original trailer! :p

Lunar15

fuck atlus wheres the college i think this game should be set in college high school is for kids who like stupid baby thngs like one direction and justin beber

I'm officially inducting Theo into Team Bro for PQ. I guess my final team looks something like this:

Front: Junpei, Yosuke, Kanji
Back: Theo, Groose Booster

I'm not much of a poster here (mainly a casual lurker) but I just wanted to tell the folks behind that grimdark trailer, well done! I went into it with obvious skepticism (new trailer on April Fools day? lol ok) but it was put together so well that I wondered if it actually was real. Then the gore happened. And I lol'd. So yeah, good job team grimdark.

Can you imagine it... what would happen if I put Yukari and Marie on the same team (which I totally will do)?

TSUNDERE OVERDRIVE! :D
Awww yiss, I'm so looking forward to these cross-team situations. I got a brief taste of it in Arena and I want more!

PK Gaming

Well I guess that proverbial cat is out of the bag as it were. That grimdark Persona 5 trailer was a group effort on the part of Trueself, Pan-hime, Armada, a fellow editor of mine from RelyOnHorror, and myself.

-About a month ago I came up with the idea to make a grimdark P5 trailer for April Fools, brought the idea I had to Trueself, and he suggested we make it much bigger than what I had planned.

-The voice overs you hear in the trailer are Armada, Pan-hime, and my friend Zack(RoH editor). Armada mixed the audio to make the voices sound demonic.

-I wrote the script for the voiceover dialog, and by that I mean I took something like a Philemon line and mashed it together with lyrics from various Black Metal bands. lol

-Trueself made all the awesome graphics like Hashino, P5, etc. The "Seek Emancipation" one being my faovirte because of the platform lists.

-The song used is called crawlspace, it's from Breaking Bad.

-The anime used was stuff I knew of, and stuff CJkeats suggest. They are: Wolf Children, Elfen Lied, School Days, End of Evangelion, and Another.

-I edited the whole thing together.

It was way too much fun, all the salt on the internet is killing me.

Upu…

Upupupupupupupupupupupu

Mad respect for everyone involved. That will go down as one of the most memorable April Fools jokes for me.

Really? I was getting more of a "prison" vibe. Maybe college-prison?

Bloody hell, i never knew you were a spawn of Satan.

Congrats Levito, Armada, True and others. The trailer gets better with repeated viewings.

Congrats!

Congrats you guys!

We made it on Kotaku

We made it in the "best of April fools" section.

OMG!!!

Gazoinks

In non-April Fools' news, looks like Famitsu has the PQ Velvet Room characters:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/persona-q-adds-velvet-room-characters

Now if they would just add them to the official site on Friday... -_-

I don't think they're playable. "Elizabeth appears to be a nurse in the health room. And Theo appears to don an apron in the workshop, where he does weapon and item development."

Still cool though.

A little late, but let me just say that this was brilliant. You got me with the beginning!

Meia

I don't think they're playable. "Elizabeth appears to be a nurse in the health room. And Theo appears to don an apron in the workshop, where he does weapon and item development."

Still cool though.

Yeah, EO games still have specific NPCs filling important roles to the cast without fighting, and considering that's what the velvet rooms peeps did in the Persona games, I just figured that that was going to be their role here.

So Elizabeth will run the place where you can rest/heal yourself, Theo will be your blacksmith, Margaret will run the missions/sidequests(though Elizabeth SHOULD be the one in this role), and who knows about Marie.

Top Bottom