• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
motivator2855723.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Just poppin in to say thanks and that you guys have been awesome from day one
"Posting in Epic Thread" has always meant so little... this is one of those rare times that it is true!

take care everyone

pulga

Banned
MisterHero said:
I did take it, though I sent it to Truendo do convert it for me 'cuz I didn't have an SD card.

Yeah Wario's one of my favorite characters now. :lol

One of the best Brawl screenshots I've seen. It's worthy of being up in the Dojo!

HK-47 said:
Statement: You're too slow GAF
If Japan didn't get the game so early, there would be no 10 or so spoiler threads. All Smash related posts would have virtually remained in this thread right here and long past 70,000 posts.

Firestorm

gwiz210 said:
Brilliance is all that can describe the idea behind the Dojo. Sometimes it was really the only thing getting me up in the morning and keeping me up late at night :lol The Dojo was truely the best marketing site ever for a game. It always gave me and a friend of mine something to talk about. Sadly its over, but brawl is out and everybody is enjoying it.

That being said, I hope no other developers try to pull this stunt, lets keep it as something we can remember Brawl as. But if Sakurai wants to do a Dojo for...oh say...smash bros 4 hes more than welcome to :D

Edit: Does anyone know what page the sonic update was on? I'd love to read that as I didnt get on neogaf that day.

It was mostly in the conference thread. It was an amazing reaction. Actually, the entire conference was amazing. We didn't think we'd get anything, but received Fire Emblem DS, Kirby Superstar DX, Sonic in Brawl, Monster Hunter 3, Everbody's Nintendo Channel, and I believe WiiWare.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197522&page=18
Sonic stuff starts on that page.

GamerSoul said:
I like this. He's so thoughtful.

Yeah. We'll be F5ing at midnight every day "just in case" now. SAKURAIIIIIII

scottnak said:
That thing was crazy epic. I remember freaking out wtf is that when I first saw it...

So uhh... what do we do tonight? :(

Same thing we do every night Pinky. F5 subconciously. God, how many Friday nights I did that by mistake :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never made that mistake, Friday night being a good hangout night. If I came home in time to try and fool someone into looking at the Dojo though...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I always used to forget to expect an update on Sunday, then when it started to get late I'd remember and get all excited :O

Scribble

I click.

But there's no update there.

I push F5

Why, oh why, oh why Sakurai?

Is there no update there?

Is it because there's nothing left to talk to us about

Is that why there's no update there?

Or is it because you don't want us anymore?

I want an update there.

Sakurai, every day, I'll still keep checking

To see if there's an update there.

Forever more.

Scribble

usea

I wish somebody would have quoted me saying that SSE looked incredibly stupid and boring, while everybody else came all over their screens over its announcement. And I turned out to be right!

MisterHero

usea said:
I wish somebody would have quoted me saying that SSE looked incredibly stupid and boring, while everybody else came all over their screens over its announcement. And I turned out to be wrong!
Yeah I expected Smash May Cry myself.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Yes my friends. It is the end of an era. Let me give you a pat on the back. (slap) Here, have a cigar.

...What's that?

I see.

...Many of you feel sad.

96fb618e2641b8df_IMAGE-1.jpg

Like you're about to explode.

b1721e8f4165d3cb_IMAGE-1.jpg

Like you just walked in on your parents doing it.

7afef22c3ca9725b_IMAGE-1.jpg

Like Weegee just stuck his fist in your bad place.

12a7a3b72921e34e_IMAGE.jpg

You want to cry.

Well cheer up, Jigglypuff.

6f119d53a59a6d4e_IMAGE.jpg

You may feel that your skull has been bashed in.

Well cheer up, Squirtle.

da6ffed1988ac270_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Yoshi!

3d409ac4e1e89840_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Olimar!

fa7b7d31b4b6dd1f_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Captain Falcon!

9f6df02fd1a78218_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, King Badass!

c1131332262dd782_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Samus!

ac551c38e80d0ee4_IMAGE.jpg

Cheer up, Donkey Kong!

4c5d4aff141987b9_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Ganondorf! Oh, I see you already found a new friend.

97e6842619f9fad1_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Luigi oh what in god's name is that between your legs

69aa1a81894ce5cb_IMAGE-1.jpg

"But... Crushed. It feels like I've lost everything!"

No Snake. You haven't lost anything. You've lost nothing at all!

9d7111f992d7c2c0_IMAGE-1.jpg

"Feels like I'm losing... nothing at all?"

Nothing at all!

"Nothing at all!"

bbf7e993228aa6f4_IMAGE.jpg

Stupid sexy Smash Bros!

Yes, the Dojo is over. It's futile to try and stop that.

e04d8851f67e8840_IMAGE-1.jpg

Futile as trying to capture a Sonic in a Pokeball.

02f50eb704f5d091_IMAGE-1.jpg

After all, it's simply bigger than you.

But enough of that silly picture business for now. Yes, for the last year we've been all typing away late at night, trying to see the newest info on the game.

crushedloevcomputar.gif

Type type type.

I could point out the pointless and patheticness of this. How incredibly stupid we are to waste our sleeping time to get tidbits for Nintendo fighting game. I could point out that Jiggy37's statkeeping never in any way provided any useful or practical value whatsoever, or that his stupid fucking girl act was the creepiest and dumbest thing ever posted to NeoGAF, despite the fact that it appears to have gotten him several boyfriends who almost seem to think that Jiggy is an actual girl. I could say that I still think Sakurai should be imprisoned for war crimes, because he didn't include Mega Man, Ryu Hayabusa, or SIMON BELMONT ARGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

I could say all that, but I won't. I just did, but we'll pretend I didn't out of courtesy.

For you see, the Dojo served as our training wheels. It was our Brawl before our Brawl. We had almost as much fun with it as we have with a new game. But the time has come to stop such things. If this were a church, I'd read that overquoted passage where Paul puts away childish things and acts like a man, which is telling because Paul was a total mysoginist.

We will walk behind the controller
We will put away keyboards

Yes, that is a mangled paraphrasing of the last song in the musical version of Les Miserables. I'd put the other parts, but it's hard to hear the people sing when you have no voice chat.

I'm rambling.

I must get back on track.

If only someone could deliver a powerful blow to me. But who.

a55e9c030a2eaf79_IMAGE.jpg

KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2ezpvs9.gif

PUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK, YES!

Thanks Captain Falcon. You stopped me from making a huge mistake. This is a thread about a website handing out news about a Nintendo character fighting game. I was about to try and end it on some sappy and sentimental note about "thanks for the memories" and shit. Jesus Christ, I'd be taking all the fun out of it!

FALCOPunch.jpg

Just like that! Ruining all the fun.

So be happy!

3ea8cb6706196038_IMAGE.jpg

Jump!

80d7a3fd217d9f95_IMAGE-1.jpg

Dance!

6187a4c1112d2725_IMAGE-1.jpg

Love!

d51fa59711ffd173_IMAGE-5.jpg

Raise the roof!

46d61ad8f0487f09_IMAGE.jpg

Twist!

a62f45a19e579322_IMAGE.jpg

Shout!

972c15dd13ef_IMAGE.jpg

Laugh!

86fd5f1b0dba_IMAGE.jpg

Comfort!

7add67320d809d36_IMAGE.jpg

Wear funny hats!

db9c20939435_IMAGE.jpg

056976ec0e77a2a6_IMAGE.jpg

1c3789473ff70792_IMAGE.jpg

Make new friends!

It's time to forget the Dojo. We've been long, LONG, LOOOOONG overdue. The Dojo has served its purpose. Let it rest in peace. We should not overlook the game itself, and so BETRAY the whole point of the site itself.

Let us shine brightly! This is only the begin!

And when does this begin, you ask? When do we put away the old Japan Time, and start the new? Well, if you'll recall when I gave you a pat on the back...

The NEW JAPAN TIME isn't "opening today." It starts...

def33f3f853dd8b9_IMAGE-1.jpg

"NOW!"

smashthreadcongratulations.jpg

(!) You've cleared the Smash Bros. Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread! The real brawl begins now!

Scribble said:
I click.

I push F5

Why, oh why, oh why Sakurai?

Is there no update there?

Is it because there's nothing left to talk to us about

Is that why there's no update there?

Or is it because you don't want us anymore?

I want an update there.

Sakurai, every day, I'll still keep checking

To see if there's an update there.

Forever more.

Scribble
Ooh, that reminds me of a text log from some creepy game. Much like Narcissus, thousands of gamers the world over will sit, staring at the Dojo, hitting F5 'til our poor bodies give out.

Proven

Oh jeez, I read through all these posts waiting for Crushed, I get all excited, decide to reload the page and find that he posted that very same minute.

And it was awesome.

This is the greatest thread in existence. I'm proud that I was a part of it and look forward to the next Smash Brothers game and it's Dojo Thread. Until then, I'll be trying to beat stupid Boss Battle on Intense. Hooya!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
You know, if we can make 358 posts before sp0rsk gets back, then this thread will hit the REAL (100post/page) Page 666. After all, "just clearing" isn't enough for Smash Bros. You have to get all the little extras and unlockables. :D

...But where can we get more than 300 posts on short notice?

Dojo said:
Number of posts:
About 300

...:D

JSnake

Crushed said:
You know, if we can make 358 posts before sp0rsk gets back, then this thread will hit the REAL (100post/page) Page 666. After all, "just clearing" isn't enough for Smash Bros. You have to get all the little extras and unlockables. :D

...But where can we get more than 300 posts on short notice?

...:D

BRACE FOR EPIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom