• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

Even though it was only talk, I actually enjoyed this chapter really liked all the tailed beasts in a circle all grown up, hopefully actions returns next chapter

Or he wasn't even on the battlefield for the time we knew about him (or his surrogate body).

That would be kind of a pain. Having a puppet like that would be pushing it even for OP in my opinion. Logia would be simpler and less of an ass pull for me at least

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko
Goku receive the Kinto'un and says Chi-Chi to wait the end of the tournament to marry him.
Transitionary chapter but pretty fun.

Naruto
Hype chapter was hype... also it seems that Kishimoto found the exploit he was searching to beat Madara.

Naruto

Since Gai's final move is called "Night Moth" I'm assuming he's going to completely evaporate after this attack by the heat the gate of death induces. Goddammit, I know they had to show the 8 gates at some point, but he's my favourite character, I am cry.

upandaway

One Piece

All that drama! All that Sabo! All that hype! All that adrenaline! Hehehehe. Now I'm happy. This was so good. That Usopp. I'm really happy. Whew!

If Doflamingo's still alive by his own power, then Buggy should sue whoever made the different Devil Fruits. Also that would be hilariously similar to Life Fibers, hahaha. You gotta cut him from both directions to sever his head for real!
If it's Law, well, we still have Law's entire sub-plot as a mystery right now, so this would be a good time to get on that. One more reason to think this saga's not over.

I don't think Kyros can use Haki, and I don't think he'll defeat anyone in this arc (he's even got the leg handicap to justify any loss). Luffy's still there, the toys are all wrecking havoc, so it's hard to feel worried at all for the good guys now that Usopp pulled it off. Considering that crew-wise (including Kinemon) we're at 4-7 in favor of Doflamingo, it's a strange feeling, but things are what they are.

Big things still in the open are:
- Law's history with Doflamingo
- Kinemon and Momonosuke's history with Doflamingo (and Kanjuuro in general)
- CP0
- Big Mom on Nami's side

Metal B

One Piece

I am guessing the surprise is that Don Flam has a string logia rather than a paramecia. Would give an easy way out for his survival.
It would make no sense for his string powers to safe him here. Even if he can put is body apart by attaching it to strings (which would be weak in itself, since this is already Buggy's main gimmick), how could Curos miss the string with his sword? Every Devil Fruit has a logical weakness and strings should be clearly weak to blades. Also people in One Piece bleed and there body work like in real life. How can Doflamingo stops himself from bleeding and still have control over his body, while his head and body are separated?

Also Logia powers always base on states of matter and natural elements. Strings do not fall into this category. There are an unnatural material and therefore should fall under the Paramecia-Type.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

All that drama! All that Sabo! All that hype! All that adrenaline! Hehehehe. Now I'm happy. This was so good. That Usopp. I'm really happy. Whew!

If Doflamingo's still alive by his own power, then Buggy should sue whoever made the different Devil Fruits. Also that would be hilariously similar to Life Fibers, hahaha. You gotta cut him from both directions to sever his head for real!
If it's Law, well, we still have Law's entire sub-plot as a mystery right now, so this would be a good time to get on that. One more reason to think this saga's not over.

I don't think Kyros can use Haki, and I don't think he'll defeat anyone in this arc (he's even got the leg handicap to justify any loss). Luffy's still there, the toys are all wrecking havoc, so it's hard to feel worried at all for the good guys now that Usopp pulled it off. Considering that crew-wise (including Kinemon) we're at 4-7 in favor of Doflamingo, it's a strange feeling, but things are what they are.

- CP0
- Big Mom on Nami's side

I would also say that the presence of the Revolution Army is still a big thing that is unknown, the price(meramerafruit) was probably Sabo's motivation, but it seems like Hack, Koala (maybe more) have a bigger plan.

Also Sabo seems to be pretty confident he is stronger than Burgess and Diamante, really cool to see that he is such a wreckingball.

Kreed

One Piece 743:

It's sad that we all know Doflamingo isn't dead from Kyros' attack. As much as we're used to Luffy stomping out the final opponent, it would be different to have an opponent taken out like that. That aside, the chapter was nice and chaotic as it needed to be. I'm guessing Pika ran off to protect Doflamingo, so that's pretty bad news for Luffy. And I am going to assume Trebol will attack Robin but that someone(s) will show up to interfere vs Oda allowing her to fight.

Still waiting for Sabo to eat Ace's Devil Fruit though (Sabo's going to be pretty damn powerful once he gets it).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Yesssssssssss!
Now this is where things are going to get realer than real!

Doflamingo is clearly not dead. His power being Logia sounds a bit farfetched... my guess is Law had his Room activated while they weren't looking. Though it would be weird that they wouldn't put Law in Sea Stone cuffs.... unless something happened where he wasn't in Sea Stone.
Still, Kyros is fucking awesome!

Of course, Usopp claims that was all part of the plan. Still, he's the man!

Toriko

To the Grand Line! I mean, Gourmet World!
Maybe now Toriko will go from "pretty badass" to "hells yeah awesome!"

Nibel

One Piece

So how the hell did Kyros move so fast with just one leg

BTW, seeing Sabo in action was pretty hype
AU7Amsc.gif

Nordicus

One Piece
my guess is Law had his Room activated while they weren't looking. Though it would be weird that they wouldn't put Law in Sea Stone cuffs.... unless something happened where he wasn't in Sea Stone.

Yes, the sea stone cuffs have me scratching my head when the possibility of Law's meddling is brought up

So how the hell did Kyros move so fast with just one leg
Ten years of practice with rusty limbs, I'd say

One Piece

- CP0
- Big Mom on Nami's side

...Rebecca can use Haki...Regardless of whether Kyros will beat DF (he won't), he is definitely strong. Who else has taken DF by surprise like this. He couldn't block and neither could any of his henchman. Kyros is definitely strong.

One Piece 743:

It's sad that we all know Doflamingo isn't dead from Kyros' attack. As much as we're used to Luffy stomping out the final opponent, it would be different to have an opponent taken out like that. That aside, the chapter was nice and chaotic as it needed to be. I'm guessing Pika ran off to protect Doflamingo, so that's pretty bad news for Luffy. And I am going to assume Trebol will attack Robin but that someone(s) will show up to interfere vs Oda allowing her to fight.

Still waiting for Sabo to eat Ace's Devil Fruit though (Sabo's going to be pretty damn powerful once he gets it).

I don't think Trebol even going to get a chance to attack Robin with so much people there , might just take sugar and run .
The better question is how long can Doflamingo stay in the country , the SH could leave and he would still have hundreds of people of all types wanting to kill him .
Don't think we had a villain in OP before that was so screw before the main fights if they happen here or they going to run away .

Naruto & Bleach

The chapters came out

Toriko

Finally entering the Gourmet arc... Yes

One Piece

Loved how everyone started to remember Kyros

Sabo going in

Dofi clearly isn't down

upandaway

...Rebecca can use Haki...Regardless of whether Kyros will beat DF (he won't), he is definitely strong. Who else has taken DF by surprise like this. He couldn't block and neither could any of his henchman. Kyros is definitely strong.
No doubt he's the strongest insider this arc. I'm just talking from a "One Piece logic" POV that insiders never win any big fights.

Naruto

Next week will be Fusion time where Naruto and Sasuke go dtl into each others bodies for the ultimate power up

Bleach

Seems like the best way to beat this guy is to aggro him, kenpachi has already won

Toriko

So hype let the gourmet world begin!

One Piece

So damn good my god next week needs to be here now!

Magi

That speech, solomon is just great best character in Magi by far

UQ Holder

My lack of reading Negima might start catching up with me, better marathon that soon

Naruto

Closer than friends even brothers and more. Sage of Six Paths is also on the right team and with new powers and people rekindling their relations, pt2 of Naruto is swiftly continuing to pull way ahead of the high level that pt 1 reached. So happy at the conclusion to the inner talk.

Bleach

Why is this Kenpachi fight so long, is it going to be used as his last major fight :(
Gremmy ability is amazing.

No doubt he's the strongest insider this arc. I'm just talking from a "One Piece logic" POV that insiders never win any big fights.

I mean I hope this guy is an absolute beast...There are certain aspects that Oda is too predictable with in my opinion, and this is one of them. A pretty disappointing 'invincible gladiator' if he gets crushed on his first time out. There were quite a lot of people who could probably fight toe to toe with DF in the Marine Ford arc, given Kyros's build up, it would be good if he at least wasn't beaten by DF either.

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 36.5-37

Every time I read this I end up kicking myself for not picking up the english releases yet but whenever I actually go to do it I suddenly remember reading the source material jumps the shark pretty soon. BUT THEN I also remember reading it starts to pull some School Days-esque shit not long afterwards. Argghhhhh damn these conflicting emotions!!!

Speaking of ambivalence, Sena was so moe in this chapter I almost wanted to hand in my #TeamYozora badge:

Inside Mari 26

Now we're starting to get somewhere even if it looks like Mari isn't in his old body.

AKB49 153

For a minute there I thought he was gonna reveal the fact he's actually a man but I guess he's saving it for last after that ballsy move.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

So Kenpachi just has to keep it up long enough for the guy to imagine there's a possibility of him losing, and then he will. Whereas Kenpachi never even imagines that as a possibility.

Metal B

I mean I hope this guy is an absolute beast...There are certain aspects that Oda is too predictable with in my opinion, and this is one of them. A pretty disappointing 'invincible gladiator' if he gets crushed on his first time out. There were quite a lot of people who could probably fight toe to toe with DF in the Marine Ford arc, given Kyros's build up, it would be good if he at least wasn't beaten by DF either.
What if Luffy has to fight Kyros, because Doflamingo has taken over his body? A big build up to have this guy face Luffy, would make sense. I already see him begging Luffy to complete ignore his well being. He doesn't care, if he dies, as long as the kingdom, the king, the people and his daughter are saved from Doflamingo. At the same time his daughter gets the courage to fight back and defeats Diamante. After everything we know about this guy, his daughter finally winning against her nemesis and waiting to see her father again, him begging the hero to sacrifice his life, that would be a hard hit into the stomach ...

scy

What if Luffy has to fight Kyros, because Doflamingo has taken over his body? A big build up to have this guy face Luffy, would make sense. I already see him begging Luffy to complete ignore his well being. He doesn't care, if he dies, as long as the kingdom, the king, the people and his daughter are saved from Doflamingo. At the same time his daughter gets the courage to fight back and defeats Diamante. After everything we know about this guy, his daughter finally winning against her nemesis and waiting to see her father again, him begging the hero to sacrifice his life, that would be a hard hit into the stomach ...

Thanks, now I'll be disappointed when something like this doesn't happen.

Kreed

One Piece 743:

I don't think Trebol even going to get a chance to attack Robin with so much people there , might just take sugar and run .
The better question is how long can Doflamingo stay in the country , the SH could leave and he would still have hundreds of people of all types wanting to kill him .
Don't think we had a villain in OP before that was so screw before the main fights if they happen here or they going to run away .

It's possible since Pika ran from Zoro, he may want to head immediately to Doflamingo. As for Doflamingo, this isn't really a question that needs to be asked with Luffy and Kyros in the room. Doflamingo is about to fight/get beaten by Luffy. The real question is how long Oda will make us wait for Luffy to punch Doflamingo in the face. As upandaway pointed out, there's a lot of loose ends to cover that Oda may want to handle before that happens.

I'm wondering what Fujitora will do now. I was thinking he might just sit back and watch the chaos, but Doflamingo captured marines and government officials too. There's no way he can sit back and let that slide.

Sai

Haganai 36.5-37

..I suddenly remember reading the source material jumps the shark pretty soon. BUT THEN I also remember reading it starts to pull some School Days-esque shit not long afterwards...
... ??? o_o</LN follower>

Soul Cartel 111 - 116
BkOCLKzCQAAUeON.png

Didnt know I fell behind for a month, but it was worth the wait since it was just straight up battle action full of characters rising even though they had fought their hardest and still grew in battle, countdown to fight until the revival and even new reborn character. Mephisto is the best.

789shadow

Banned
One Piece

Gotta agree with the "Law saved Doflamingo" theory. I'm sure it's just something stupid like he wanted to kill him himself.

Bleach

Witness the pacing and despair.

Naruto

*facepalm*

Destroyed Century JOXER 4

The summary pages was helpful for this magical based manga but the reveal that the old man was also one of the creatures was surprising. I wonder what his backstory is.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

Nice to see Kenpachi getting pumped for an actual fight. Imagination is OP, but I think we all know who will end up winning this one in the end.
Ichigo lol

Naruto

Nice chapter for setting up the final showdown. Poor Guy though...gonna die when Naruto and Sasuke gonna curb stomp Madara.
Either they do the over-the-top fusion dance here to become one or I'm just not going to be please with it...

One Piece

In Oda We Trust

Sai

Oh, right. I feel I should say, as one of the few here that actually still enjoys reading Naruto, that I think this whole reincarnation business is terrible. :p

Triple U

Banned
Naruto

Nice chapter for setting up the final showdown. Poor Guy though...gonna die when Naruto and Sasuke gonna curb stomp Madara. Either they do the over-the-top fusion dance here to become one or I'm just not going to be please with it...

They already showed how they fuse. No dance require :/

OP

So I'm guessing Doflamingo's fruit is the puppet puppet/marionette fruit, and enables him in addition to various string related stuff to control other people.

What if... the Doflamingo we've seen was never Doflamingo to begin with?
It could just be a body he took complete control over to further his goals (can't go wrong with the support of the navy), and his real body has always remained hidden. He could be nearby or miles away, but we don't know what he looks like.
That way, you could postpone the Luffy v Doflamingo fight for another arc and neatly conclude this one without drawing it out too much.

Akito

OP
About everone saying Mango being saved by Law, I'm pretty sure his handcuffs are made out of seastone if Mango even bothered to do it to Kyros back in the day.

KingJ2002

Naruto:

I liked this chapter. Bringing the story of the brothers together and entrusting them with his power... still haven't explained what happened to the Sage's brother.

Bleach:

Meh chapter. All that "That's not the real kenpachi talk i said last week isn't true and this is just another plot armored fight". I better see a Shikai from this fight at least.

upandaway

Whatever it is (for the fun but unlikely theory that it's not the real Doflamingo), the fact is that it was an on-screen beheading. There's no way they'd show something like that if it was effective.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Borrowed my sibling's computer just so I could complain about Naruto.

what the fuck, the byakugan finally becomes relevant in the stupidest of ways

this manga

JOKE:&#1071;R'S 5
tumblr_n3ep8yKJNT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

For a series featuring memory loss, children falling to becoming creatures in need of slaying, it has some pretty lovely colour pages and comedy (characters that dont smiling getting pages full of smiling and everyone commenting how it looks etc). Fun little action series.

Chapter confirmed my thoughts about characters being used as pawns by the govt, worst as bait :(.

DAMNNNNNNN!!!

This has to be one of the best weeks in awhile in regards to quality of chapter for OP and Naruto. Naruto actually was pretty good, so if it's finally coming to an end, I hope Kishimoto does his best to close it on a high note.

I didn't think OP would be able to out do Naruto, but what the fuck man, that chapter was crazy. I mean, from Usopp, the toys being revived to humans, everyone regaining their memories, then Sabo. WTF, that shit was awesome! Great stuff.

Kreed

One Piece 743:

The way Doflamingo's head was cut art style wise, it's clear he isn't dead/it wasn't a real cut since there's no blood or anything to visually looking like a real decapitation, but it's also clear that it doesn't fit with Law's powers if you pay attention to how his powers have worked in the past. Besides the seastone cuffs as others have mentioned and no visual signs of the "Room barrier", artistically when Law has severed body parts in the past the separations are much cleaner, almost like stacking building blocks/toy parts. This cut however visually looks like Kyros cut Doflamingo's head off by the angle of his blade.

I'm going to go with this also being related to the strings (upandaway's "LIfe Fiber" theory sounds possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom