• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely NO hope for 8-Gate Guy's animation now. Just...fuck my life, that's terrible.

don't worry they've recently improved with their drawings
6mxVLoM.png

akKl47p.png

blqc7iI.jpg

:DDDDDD

Hyouka Vol.01

It's completely amazing how good this is even without all that KyoAni magic. I really like reading through Oreki's thoughts as he gets dragged around by Chitanda and finding out the mystery of the Classic Club was pretty well done in novel form.

Fate/Apocrypha Prologue

A short chapter that sets up the great war that's happening. The fight between the two Sabers was fairly interesting.

Charade

Dear My Teacher 1-2

This one is an original doujin (I know sounds like an oxymoron, but I think that's what you'd call it). Anyways, loner lesbian girl falls for the school nurse, who seems to have her own yuri past. It's definitely got the usual whimsical vibes, but it touches on enough "real stuff" (bian bars, discrimination..) to make it satisfying so far.

Lain

How many chapters left to fill in volume 10 for The Breaker New Waves? Or has that been filled already with what's out?
I wanna be ready for this ending and the next one to start.

kasane

How many chapters left to fill in volume 10 for The Breaker New Waves? Or has that been already filled basically?
I wanna be ready for this ending and the next one to start.
There is another one? Well i hope it doesnt become the talker again

Lain

There is another one? Well i hope it doesnt become the talker again

Mine is just speculation based on the fact that I can't see this get to a satisfying end for every plot point and every battle that needs to happen, if it ends with the 10th volume.

kasane

Mine is just speculation based on the fact that I can't see this get to a satisfying end for every plot point and every battle that needs to happen, if it ends with the 10th volume.
Ah so its ending?

Didnt know that since i pretty much stopped caring

kasane

Billionaire girl 13

I have a feeling the other black haired guy is just gonna use the billionaire girl

I totally know their names.

Lain

Ah so its ending?

Didnt know that since i pretty much stopped caring

That's the thing, I don't know.
The Italian publisher was told (and told people asking when they'd publish New Waves) that they would be given the rights to publish New Waves only when it was close to end or actually ended (the authors didn't want to give the rights for international licensing before it ended or something), and they started publishing it 4 months ago, with it being dubbed as close to ending (and my purchase receipt for volume 4 shows it as volume 4 (of 10) ), so I was curious if with the chapters already out it's there length wise or if it's past that point already, because if it's over 10 volumes worth of material then I ccould rest easy knowing I can expect a more fulfilling ending because the 10 volume thing would end up being wrong.

scy

Interesting. New Waves is at ~154, if I recall, so ... I'm pretty sure that's well over 10 Volumes. I think each Volume is 10 chapters, right?

somedevil

Interesting. New Waves is at ~154, if I recall, so ... I'm pretty sure that's well over 10 Volumes. I think each Volume is 10 chapters, right?

Yeah volume 9 goes up to 87 so they are close to completing volume 16 right now.

edit: As for the chapter South Korea had a good run

Aizo

Banned
Not going to read One piece. That shit is boring as hell. Uninteresting characters, don't like the art at all, not a big fan of the world either.

Similar reasons for Magi with the exception of the art.

I'll continue with Naruto and see if my friend likes HxH. We have similar tastes so that will be make my decision.

My shounen rankings would go like this from what I have read/seen:

Naruto
Bleach
Jojo
Soul Eater
HxH
One Piece
Toriko

However, my favourite manga of all time is the masterpiece known as Berserk. Truly an amazing manga.
Besides the Berserk part, I feel a bit... like... oh.. oh no-gg-...blaaaa
iwNPbsFuejqYk.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Don't read this if you don't want your heart gets torn to pieces :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fucking Sleeping Planet.

I started reading this shit 4 years ago and the translations STILL AREN'T DONE YET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom