• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

One Week Friends

Just watched the first episode. I distinctly remember people posting about this here. I also remember vowing to stay away at all costs. At all costs.

Well at least I got an adorable episode out of it, but yeah no. No no no no no no no no.

Akito

Blaming GAF for not recommending manga
Blaming GAF after learning the reason
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

One Week Friends

Just watched the first episode. I distinctly remember people posting about this here. I also remember vowing to stay away at all costs. At all costs.

Well at least I got an adorable episode out of it, but yeah no. No no no no no no no no.

why no?

do you know something panda

Blaming GAF for not recommending manga
Blaming GAF after learning the reason
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

:(

Charade

For anyone that saw both, what would you say about the difference between the Akuma no Riddle anime and manga? I saw the episode and it felt a bit weird. Maybe the manga's better or something.

The manga is basically the same. Takes itself too seriously and has odd pacing. I dropped it after several chapters.

Dresden

Not sure why I'm catching up on Masamune-kun. Just that I am.

GHjF88X.png

dumbyugi

For anyone that saw both, what would you say about the difference between the Akuma no Riddle anime and manga? I saw the episode and it felt a bit weird. Maybe the manga's better or something.

The difference is the pacing. The anime covered almost half of volume 1. The anime changed a few minor things but nothing big, though it will have to at some stage because there is only like 3 volumes of this out in Japan.

So what's the problem with One Week Friends? It seemed likable enough from the first chapter and I was looking forward to the anime. What happens?

I don't think there is any problem with One Week Friends. There's some drama but it's never around for very long.

Akito

So what's the problem with One Week Friends? It seemed likable enough from the first chapter and I was looking forward to the anime. What happens?
Nothing, I was just fucking around with PhillipCostigan. Mostly.
It seems like the suffering part is about to take over the cute and fluffy one.

upandaway

The manga is basically the same. Takes itself too seriously and has odd pacing. I dropped it after several chapters.
Ooooohhhhhh ooohhhhh!!!! oooohhhhhhhhhh!!! You seem like an incredible sorcerer to me right now. Man that's crazy. How did you do it. I couldn't do that with a gun to my head. Man, that's just nuts.

It's still silly enough that I like it so I guess I'll continue watching. But man you just did something to my mind what the heck.

retcon: oh, so it also blitzed through. I guess I can see that.

Charade

The difference is the pacing. The anime covered almost half of volume 1. The anime changed a few minor things but nothing big, though it will have to at some stage because there is only like 3 volumes of this out in Japan.

Yeah, I was wondering about this too. Maybe they're privy to what happens next, or maybe they'll go anime-original route. Which is kinda strange considering how upfront they were in "please buy the manga!"

Ooooohhhhhh ooohhhhh!!!! oooohhhhhhhhhh!!! You seem like an incredible sorcerer to me right now. Man that's crazy. How did you do it. I couldn't do that with a gun to my head. Man, that's just nuts.

It's still silly enough that I like it so I guess I'll continue watching. But man you just did something to my mind what the heck.

Haha, what did I do exactly?
Put into words what you were thinking?

scy

What have we done.

yeah you guys are making me worry one week friends jumps the shark somehow but if it's just drama that's fine

If I remember right, the worst it ever gets is
the introduction of the reason for her memory problems. The suffering for the main dude is something fierce (+ the whole "We're friends now and in the future will be friends too" bit.) It'll most likely still be happy end down the road

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
What have we done.

If I remember right, the worst it ever gets is
the introduction of the reason for her memory problems. The suffering for the main dude is something fierce (+ the whole "We're friends now and in the future will be friends too" bit.) It'll most likely still be happy end down the road

oh that's fine then haha, thanks for clearing it up

Black Bullet 1

I was told there would be sex hair.

I did not see any sex hair.

:/

Setting is interesting and I'm liking the art style.

Happy masked man has my attention. Hope he doesn't turn out to be a first boss and quickly shoved to the side.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki 01-31

wc4FqXSl.png

At first I thought it was silly but then I read the backstory chapters and thought it was sweet.

I expected something more lewd but it was pretty tame and just a fun read. Looking forward to seeing where the sequel goes with imouto!

Bokutachi Otoko no Ko 01

rPlks5Jl.jpg

Guy who wants to be an idol gets his chance to join an idol group, Otoko no Ko.

Nothing much happens in the first chapter. Introductions of the three main guys and I guess we'll see where this plot goes from there.

One Week Friends 14

I don't like where this is going. Seems like this guy is someone from her past. Probably related to the accident.

he needs to be killed off asap

Kill Wizard 01.1

So this is supposedly a prequel set in the same world as Witch Craft Works...

Yeah, this is pretty rough around the edges. Gets really wordy with the magic, no real explanations or introduction of the character and who they are and the art's kinda meh.

It makes Witch Craft Works looks pretty amazing, tbt

Will probably keep reading

kasane

Seven deadly sins 73

Im not sure if they're weak because everybody else got strong or they're weak because they don't have their weapons and shit

scy

Black Bullet 1

I was told there would be sex hair.

I did not see any sex hair.

:/

Setting is interesting and I'm liking the art style.

Happy masked man has my attention. Hope he doesn't turn out to be a first boss and quickly shoved to the side.

Should happen eventually.

And masked dude is pretty ridiculous so far.

One Week Friends 14

I don't like where this is going. Seems like this guy is someone from her past. Probably related to the accident.

he needs to be killed off asap

hahahahaha

kasane

I remember when i saw the CM for one week friends, i though it was appealing, then I remembered it was a manga.

Minamoto 121

Lol.

So next target is megane girl? The friend probably likes here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom