• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Im fishing for recommendations ( again )

Anyone know historical romances? Im sure ill get some i haven't read since don't know too much of these.

Ryuuroden :)

The 2nd most epic manga after KINGDOM in my heart, and the love between its two main lead is truly something to behold. It takes a while to develop properly beyond the token "childhood friend" romance, but when it's there, boy it is there

kasane

Ryuuroden :)

The 2nd most epic manga after KINGDOM in my heart, and the love between its two main lead is truly something to behold. It takes a while to develop properly beyond the token "childhood friend" romance, but when it's there, boy it is there

NOW THIS IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR

ILY <3

Aizo

Banned
Then may I recommend boku no chopin, the totally historically accurate tale about the life and love shared by chopin and liszt.

Chopin is my favorite classical composer, so I was interested in this... until I read "Liszt."
Damn you, Whippy.

Akame ga Kill 47

It feels like the purpose of Wild Hunt is going to backfire, bringing the Jaegers and Night Raid together rather than just flushing the latter out. If anything, Wild Hunt's brutality is giving the public even more reason to hate the empire, which would continue to empower the revolutionary army.

Akame ga Kill 47

It feels like the purpose of Wild Hunt is going to backfire, bringing the Jaegers and Night Raid together rather than just flushing the latter out. If anything, Wild Hunt's brutality is giving the public even more reason to hate the empire, which would continue to empower the revolutionary army.

That John Wayne Gacy guy is going down first

Aizo

Banned
My friends told me they weren't very impressed with the first episode of Baby Steps. Those of you who read it, and have seen the first episode, does it seem like an okay adaptation? If so, when do you think it will become good?

Tokkabu 01

BNlPgdEl.jpg

An amateur spy gets sentenced to join a club who's focus is to have 'problem' kids do community service. The only other member is this girl who's a self professed hero out to save the world.

While not completely original, it was interesting enough to read through. The girl's pretty energetic and the guy doesn't completely hate being there to cause a damper on things. I like her sense of justice and it's pretty interesting what's she willing to do to save the world. Will keep reading.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
NOW THIS IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR

ILY <3

Enjoy! It's not as grounded as KINGDOM and it's filled with more fantastical elements but it's a GREAT read, and the love between the two lead is amazing, heart-wrecking, and heart-warming all at the same time.

Akame ga Kill 47

I fear the safety of Mein.

*Sigh*

That John Wayne Gacy guy is going down first

The fat clown first. Fat + Pedophile = Dead.

kasane

My friends told me they weren't very impressed with the first episode of Baby Steps. Those of you who read it, and have seen the first episode, does it seem like an okay adaptation? If so, when do you think it will become good?

gonna watch it if i have the time

Emma, Otoyomegatari is REALLY good.

im already read both :X

Chopin is my favorite classical composer, so I was interested in this... until I read "Liszt."
Damn you, Whippy.

lol me too

scy

Akame ga Kill 47

Also serves as a way to let a third party kill off parts of the Jaegers rather than force Night Raid to kill them.

Karakuri Circus 114

Yay, someone started translating this again! Gonna have to refamiliarize myself with stuff, but damn is it as awesome as I remember.

Sora no Otoshimono END
Finally gotten around to finish read this and the ending was just as i expected which was great in my book .
First chapter had a wish and it only made sense that the finally chapter had one also .
All in all i really enjoy the manga and the end was good which is all you need for a series .

upandaway

Minamoto

I mean, fine, go ahead and think whatever. But even then, that was just silly. From the second he saw her, from just walking next to her, he was thinking about it non-stop. I don't think he acted like this for anyone else yet.

Magi

I don't think that will be the biggest reason for Sheba to turn bad, but it'll definitely be one of the triggers, now that they brought it up.

Hayate

Haha whoa! She can do it! She's totally doing it. It's happening. There's no conceivable way for this to end back in the status quo. Oh, um, wait..

I haven't watched it yet but I can't say I loved Baby Steps as much as I do now right from the first chapter. It's not really unique or hooking from the beginning, but it just does so many things right that are never seen in sports manga.

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? 01-02

bYSdy0nl.jpg

The story of a housing place or whatever that's going to be closed in a year and the residents that will spend its last year there.

Interesting in seeing the different characters interact. Not bad.

Seishun Rikon 01

bm2AFvSl.jpg

A boy and a girl both share the same last name, so they get called the husband and wife of the class. Supposedly this is how their love story starts.

A little slow start, but it definitely seems like we're going to get character growth at least in the girl from this forced relationship so here's hoping to that.

kasane

Seishun Rikon 01

bm2AFvSl.jpg

A boy and a girl both share the same last name, so they get called the husband and wife of the class. Supposedly this is how their love story starts.

A little slow start, but it definitely seems like we're going to get character growth at least in the girl from this forced relationship so here's hoping to that.

Gomma read it thanks dakkun :3

scy

Hayate

Haha whoa! She can do it! She's totally doing it. It's happening. There's no conceivable way for this to end back in the status quo. Oh, um, wait..

Oh you.

Seishun Rikon 01

And it even looks better than what I expected from Hero. Curious for more.

Charade

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? 2

Lots of subtle yet not so subtle derriere shots this chapter. Author definitely likes his hometown.

Seishun Rikon 01

bm2AFvSl.jpg

added to the list.

kasane

Shigurui 17 - END

Well that was pointless. Dont like the ending at all

Off topic: i have work in 3 hours and no sleep. Prolly because i woke up at five. All my alarms didnt work earlier

Jet lag is a bitch

Shigurui 17 - END

Well that was pointless. Dont like the ending at all

Off topic: i have work in 3 hours and no sleep. Prolly because i woke up at five. All my alarms didnt work earlier

Jet lag is a bitch

I remember coming back from a trip to China from Ireland and my body clock being destroyed. Only time I've ever really had jet lag.

Best thing is just to try and train your sleep schedule back to normal. Will mean trying to go to sleep when you're not tired sometimes but I found it was the best way to fix myself.

kasane

I remember coming back from a trip to China from Ireland and my body clock being destroyed. Only time I've ever really had jet lag.

Best thing is just to try and train your sleep schedule back to normal. Will mean trying to go to sleep when you're not tired sometimes but I found it was the best way to fix myself.

Yeah but im not sure if i should try to sleep now at all. I might woke up late if so :(

Aizo

Banned
The Marunouchi Maruzen opened up a special little corner for a bunch of Tezuka stuff, so I went there today. Radical to see everything in one place.

I also saw this at Maruzen while perusing the manga. I've only read a little of Nanatsu no Taizai, but I thought this was a tight promotion!

Aunt's Tits

I'm not sure why some of you are freaking out because he is freaking out. He knows he's part of an experiment to reenact this Genji tale and in that Genji tale a loli character is one of the girls Genji sleeps with. If the person who's making you take part in this experiment said " that girl is the loli" you'd probably be shaken too if she ran up to you and held your hand. Its not if he wants to or not he HAS to iirc if he does the experiment he gets to live with her rent free.

Aunt's Tits

I'm not sure why some of you are freaking out because he is freaking out. He knows he's part of an experiment to reenact this Genji tale and in that Genji tale a loli character is one of the girls Genji sleeps with. If the person who's making you take part in this experiment said " that girl is the loli" you'd probably be shaken too if she ran up to you and held your hand. Its not if he wants to or not he HAS to iirc if he does the experiment he gets to live with her rent free.

i just don't think it's going to come to him doing it with a kid.

like I said, this manga's pretty deplorable in a lot of ways but I don't think it would ever go that far. it's probably just a point of suffering for MC.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really don't think skipping rent is a great excuse for paedophilia.

I mean, you can try, but I don't think the courts are going to see things the same way.:p

it's just Aunt Tits has generally leaned towards the very physical side so some people are worried I guess.

but yeah they could very easily go with a non-sex love thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom