• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Haikyuu!! 32-34
s6QCyQg.png
Is this choof choof worthy? huh? tell me guys, tell me.
And why did panda sent an email to Amazon anyway when he could've sent it to google? Doesn't he know that google knows everything and would've let Obama know?

Nemuri Netarou Appears (Akira Amano one shot)
BkqLqShCMAA4QBL.png:large

Pretty good one shot from favorite Akira Amano, having a female lead character was a bit shocking at first but Nemuri Netarou clearly delivered the great performance. I wouldnt have minded having more of his various pursuits into dreams with the Dreeman.. His olderish form is also good with lots of great accessories reminding me of some of the best aspects of Reborn.

Senaka Gurashi 01

BbqWF2ql.png

Well now I know where this is going.

So uh, guy wants independence and gets it by moving into his own room. Expect he has a roommate and the wall separating them is made of glass. And his roommate is also a girl.

And then there's a panties storm.

Aizo

Banned
watch the redrawers get lazy and just say fuck it.
More like I'll get lazy/busy, and not be able to fit a schedule at all.
Dragon Ball Minus - The Departure of the Fated Child
tumblr_n3ohdojId81qbxqfpo1_500.png

Didnt expect Mr. Burdock to look exactly like Goku except with a scar. At least his personality was certainly an improvement, should have showed up in the canon series.
You know there are like two movies about him?
Aunt Tits 121

can this not be a thing
Do you only come around for Aunt Tits, now? I think we need to find you something new. Let's see... you liked KNIM, so maybe you should start reading Fuuka for more endless torture? If you want any recommendations, we can surely give you some. Or, are you satisfied with Western comics only?

Wait... you're probably not going to read this if you only come to post about Aunt Tits.

wonzo

Banned
Ran and the Gray World 35.5-36

Chance of rain: 110% ;-;

Kingdom 355-357

About damn time she's back and this time with her revenge arc to boot!

Everyday Monster Girls 23

who knew heads could be so moe?!

the trials and tribulations of a young futanari is such a painful sight to see :(

Savanna Game - The Comic - 7

This is like mangabox chapter length except not in mangabox. Worst it always ends right when the moments get most intense.

The other team suggested or used the word world so I wonder if theres some aspect of traveling to different worlds or dimensions here. That would be strange.

Cerity

I hope you watched (and loved) Golden Time.

The shift of main characters put me off the manga way too hard and then the typical sob/drama bullshit happened so I never bothered touching the anime.

Noragami was legit good. You can also read the manga if you prefer.

Yeah, I enjoyed that, I read the first few chapters of the manga but the pacing put me off, saw people talking about it and checked it out. That and Wizard Barristers (only because of the mix of magic/mecha) are the only things I've enjoyed so far from last season

Yamada And The Seven Witches 104

Kurosaki's obsession with Miyamura in that he told me in person panel was hilarious.

Part of the plot feels like its repeating itself, didnt the first round also have a witch that made him search for another witch?

Black Bullet 2

I like this girl.

She will satisfy my best girl needs for now.

Partner is cute, but that kissing panel crossed the line into "Nope" territory.

Would say he needed to get arrested immediately, but I think his punishment was suitable enough.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The Gamer 30
So, they whipped out a time-chamber ala DBZ. Pretty convenient. I hope buffs/debuffs break this gam -- I mean manga, to hell and back.

Ikenai Mousou Fudanshi 1
BkqjlJICcAAQJs-.png

Hilarious chapter with the construction worker moe, handyman moe, and the fantasies of a fudanshi and eventually his realization and potential acceptance. Have to agree with his BL line.

Though the one he let move in is pretty clueless about things but at least trying to replicate what he read in his hidden stash of BL mangas.

Charade

I realized since SDBurton doesn't post in the mango thread I don't read quality yuri manga.

Recommendations plz.

I'm probably still missing a ton, but (kinda :D) off the top of my head:

(Note: "...'s stuff" indicates that the authors have a lot of works out there [usually a lot of one-shots] and they're all generally comparable in quality)

More generic/trope-y/smutty:
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! (comedy)
Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep (fluffy)
Yuricam (comedy/smut)
Honto no Kanojo (scy smut)
Asagao to Kase-san (sweet)
Citrus (ridiculous amount of angst, even for yuri. But the art's nice)
Uso Kurata's stuff (fluffy)
Minase Ruruu's stuff (very smutty)
Rokuroichi's stuff (very smutty, unusual art-style)
Morinaga Milk's stuff (kinda bleh, but very popular)
Amagakure Gido's stuff (fluffy)
Ootomo Megane's stuff (meganes)

More "refined" stuff
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san (sweet)
Ayame to Amane (Dowman Sayman's craziness)
Flag Time (kinda psychological)
Honey & Honey (informative and sweet, unique art-style)
Cirque Arachne
Husky & Medley (yuri Molester Man)
Prism (unofficially axed however)
Golondrina (angst/sports, yuri not the focus)
Maka Maka (smut)
Collectors (4-koma)
Amano Shuninta's stuff (can be smutty)
Takemiya Jin's stuff (some works more generic than others)
Morishima Akiko's stuff (same as above, some more generic)
Otsu Hiyori's stuff

Nordicus

Kangoku Gakuen 106

Joe is surprisingly cool about fujoshis. I honestly expected this to drag the "Whoa, is Gakuto gay?" joke through the dirt, but nah.

Andre's investment is going bad. This is actually a good motivation for him to help the underground student council

Bloody Brat Vol.01

oDZYhyml.jpg

A spin-off series of the Blood Lad world featuring all your favorite characters doing all the silly stuff they are known to do.

A pretty amusing spin-off. A bunch of short stories between the characters which are pretty enjoyable to read. It's pretty cool that this even got translated over to begin with.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 01

Guy has been childhood friends with a girl who suddenly appeared in a flash of light ten years ago. Now after finally building up the courage to confess to her, she tells him she's moving away the next day. So he decides to follow her.

And then he becomes a hero. Seems interesting enough and I rather like the relationship between the guy and the girl so far. Now he's tasked with saving the world I wonder where this story will go now.

Wiseblade

Kingdom
Shin getting that recognition! Crazy that so many rankers in his army are militia, even now.

I'm not really that interested in Kyoukai's story. She needs to hurry back so I can get Shin & Kyoukai vs Houken Round 2.

Acid08

Banned
More like I'll get lazy/busy, and not be able to fit a schedule at all.

You know there are like two movies about him?

Do you only come around for Aunt Tits, now? I think we need to find you something new. Let's see... you liked KNIM, so maybe you should start reading Fuuka for more endless torture? If you want any recommendations, we can surely give you some. Or, are you satisfied with Western comics only?

Wait... you're probably not going to read this if you only come to post about Aunt Tits.
Like is much too positive a word for how I feel about KNIM. I haven't even read the last 10 or so chapters yet.

And I'm still reading Soma and One Piece. I just take breaks until 4 or 5 chapters release so I can binge.

Patiently waiting for someone to keep translating Initial D :(

upandaway

The Hyouka OP played on the shuffle today, and man it really made me remember that anime. The atmosphere was really amazing! Especially during the school festival.

Everyday Monster Girl

QlKO4tQ.png

Hahaha. Whew! She's great! That was worth the delay in her introduction.

Snail Miia was hilarious too.

upandaway

Wa! ch1-6

Well, I'd say that aside from a couple of hits (hahaha), this is pretty much the guide how not to do a 4-koma, and irrefutable proof that it's very easy to mess up the format. I like Hoozuki-san even more now!

Still it's really easy to read here and there so I guess I'm continuing.

Soma

Knights of Sidonia 1-10

Our protagonist, ladies and gentlemen.

Decided to sample some of this before the anime airs this week and I've been enjoying it so far. It's a lot more 'straightforward' than Nihei's other series and his new art-style takes some getting used to but a lot of what I love about his art is still retained thankfully. There's definitely a more social aspect to this story which is a nice change of pace from the usual bleakness of his stories (though it's not completely without a sense of dread however). I'm also enjoying the very dry comedy that comes up every now and then and Nagate is actually a pretty solid protagonist with some rare moments of hilarity.

Good stuff so far. Looking forward to the anime adaption even more now but hopefully I can get used to the CG :/

Daidai wa, Hantoumei ni Nidonesuru Ch. 02

Ah so this is a series of short stories like I thought.

This one was a little depressing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom