• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

I guess it's time for me to slowly get on that Kingdom hype train too

Kingdom 1-3

Aah, that usual childhood friend/rival "blue oni, red oni" dynamic, we've all seen this befo- OH! Well, this is interesting.

nD4xNBb.png

Aizo

Banned
Like is much too positive a word for how I feel about KNIM. I haven't even read the last 10 or so chapters yet.

And I'm still reading Soma and One Piece. I just take breaks until 4 or 5 chapters release so I can binge.

Patiently waiting for someone to keep translating Initial D :(

You should read Densha de D in the mean time. I posted about it once, with its most epic part.

Nickeloden 1-33
By the guy behind the brilliantly odd Vovnich Hotel comes Nickelodeon. A series set of stories that are just as odd as VH. Some of the stories in this manga are also connected in one consistent world which I find pretty neat.

Vovnich Hotel 61
Holy crap, someone finally updated this.

Gakumon! School of Monsters 1
Short pages but funny stuff. Art kinda reminds of that horrid voice acted game I played on PS2.

So I just finished reading Akumetsu

It's the story of Shou and how he decides to go after the corrupt 1% ers of Japan. He does this by kill the target and committing suicide at the same time. It was a great way to see vigilantism/terrorism taken another. I don't want to explain past this for sake of spoilers but it's in my top 10 manga. 162 chapters of good s@#$.

Nordicus

Akumetsu starts off absolutely brilliant, but gets kinda weird and repetitive later. I was expecting a confrontation with the police woman who gets a nosebleed in presence of "evil", (rather black/white way of looking at it but whatever), but her role is very minor in the end despite her introduction. Same with many other characters in the police force

Akumetsu starts off absolutely brilliant, but gets kinda weird and repetitive later. I was expecting a confrontation with the police woman who gets a nosebleed in presence of "evil", (rather black/white way of looking at it but whatever), but her role is very minor in the end despite her introduction. Same with many other characters in the police force

Oh yeah, the latter half sort of/well took away some mystery I had. The end conflict too was seen a mile way but felt lacking? I like how it began and ended with hazama

Aizo

Banned
Husky and Medley
This was adorable. It's about a girl who gets advice about finding another girl from her school's weakness from 2channel. It is so damn cute, and shows adolescent romance so purely.

It's nice to see a Shoujo-ai story that isn't destroyed by the male gaze, and that is likely due to its authenticity. Like Molester Man/Chikan Otoko, this is adapted from real threads on 2channel. Such a delightful read that I found myself trying to stop myself from smiling so much on the train.

Thanks for the mention, Charade.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Kingdom
Shin getting that recognition! Crazy that so many rankers in his army are militia, even now.

I'm not really that interested in Kyoukai's story. She needs to hurry back so I can get Shin & Kyoukai vs Houken Round 2.

Sure is gonna be great when Shin vs Houken "for real" happens, since he'll totally be using Ouki's glaive and Duke Hyou's shield. I wonder if Houken will kill one more general on the way and Shin'll inherit some jewel to really complete the three regalia there.

...Kyoukai better not have some kind of jewel on her that I'm forgetting. D:

Wa! ch1-6

Well, I'd say that aside from a couple of hits (hahaha), this is pretty much the guide how not to do a 4-koma, and irrefutable proof that it's very easy to mess up the format. I like Hoozuki-san even more now!

Still it's really easy to read here and there so I guess I'm continuing.

Dunno, I liked reading it though. Thought it worked pretty well. :\

Looks like One Piece is having another break next week.

Can't wait to see what cliffhanger this will leave off on.

Gakumon! School of Monsters 1
Short pages but funny stuff. Art kinda reminds of that horrid voice acted game I played on PS2.

From the same mangaka as Senyuu!

Nice to see this is getting translated too.

scy

Sure is gonna be great when Shin vs Houken "for real" happens, since he'll totally be using Ouki's glaive and Duke Hyou's shield. I wonder if Houken will kill one more general on the way and Shin'll inherit some jewel to really complete the three regalia there.

...Kyoukai better not have some kind of jewel on her that I'm forgetting. D:

I think you just killed off Heki.

Husky and Medley

wow, this was amazing. Read it after some other recommendations in the thread. Really adorable story that, because it's based on real events, actually feels real. Adorable couple.

man, got a big silly grin on my face.

upandaway

this thread is so outdated

just look at the OP
The OP seems ok to me. In fact I think the smut banner just updated with new volume covers.

Dunno, I liked reading it though. Thought it worked pretty well. :\
I'm assuming the author does get better as it goes (it's already on an upward curve), but right now it's ok. The jokes themselves are fine, and they fit 4-komas in concept, it's just a lot of them are presented weird.

The OP seems ok to me. In fact I think the smut banner just updated with new volume covers.

Smut aside.... we have Bleach in the Shonen Banner without any Toriko

Anyone would tell you that Toriko became one of the big 3 back in 2011...
Look at all the shonen magazine covers

There are also a lot of other outdated things

We need to get with the times

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shingeki no Kyojin/"Attack on (the) Titan(s)

Here's the problem. I already can tell by reading this chapter that people are whining/going to whine about it because there aren't any Titans in it. The problem with all of this is that isn't not like this part isn't interesting.

Aizo

Banned
Shingeki no Kyojin/"Attack on (the) Titan(s)

Here's the problem. I already can tell by reading this chapter that people are whining/going to whine about it because there aren't any Titans in it. The problem with all of this is that isn't not like this part isn't interesting.

That is very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom