• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Strictly speaking, you don't have to sleep.

I have a question for anybody reading Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo. I think around the 5th chapter, the rich girl said
that she wanted to break up with the main character. The main character instead tries to not make her break up with him
. Wasn't that kinda a good thing? She doesn't look like the gossiping type, and she
didn't even go on one date with him. So it's not even like she would tell anyone
. I think in the first chapter it's stated that the reason he can't break up with any of them. Was because they would tell others, and the other 3 would find out.

Ever since I caught up to this, I've been thinking about that moment. It just didn't make sense. Maybe he didn't know that she
didn't have many friends
by then? That's the only logical thing I can think of.

LeleSocho

Banned
I have a question for anybody reading Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo. I think around the 5th chapter, the rich girl said
that she wanted to break up with the main character. The main character instead tries to not make her break up with him
. Wasn't that kinda a good thing? She doesn't look like the gossiping type, and she
didn't even go on one date with him. So it's not even like she would tell anyone
. I think in the first chapter it's stated that the reason he can't break up with any of them. Was because they would tell others, and the other 3 would find out.

Ever since I caught up to this, I've been thinking about that moment. It just didn't make sense. Maybe he didn't know that she
didn't have many friends

You are thinking way too much for reading a subsubsub-par harem.

didn't have many friends

I think he can't break up with any of them cause that would break the contract he has with the shinigami to date someone or whatever.

I'm also going to guess he doesn't break up with her cause he's a harem protagonist and he's too nice to leave a girl alone or whatever.

At this point, the series is basically seeing which girl gets more cray cray.

I think he can't break up with any of them cause that would break the contract he has with the shinigami to date someone or whatever.

I'm also going to guess he doesn't break up with her cause he's a harem protagonist and he's too nice to leave a girl alone or whatever.

At this point, the series is basically seeing which girl gets more cray cray.

That makes sense, he is the regular harem protagonist after all. I guess I was thinking into this a little bit too much. Regardless, as long as they keep showing crazy sports girl. I'll keep reading. I haven't seen a yandere character in a long time.

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 106
prisonschool106.png

tru bros

The idea behind Andre's Masochist Economics was utterly brilliant and all but he totally deserved that MASOCHIST BLACK MONDAY for getting way too greedy.

Hita-Hita 7-13 + Artbook

So now there's a lesbian glasses wearing catlady and some weird allegory about egotistical royalty being overthrown but with a nude woman wearing a crown, tons of catnip, and a shitload of cats. I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I want more.

also the artbook was just a bunch of mostly colour drawings of nude women which is a pretty good fit for this series actually.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Husky and Medley 1
God I was getting so much second hand embarrassment that I quit half way through. I only mustered up the will to read to the end after reading everyone's comments about how it was cute. And it was, but I think I've gotten my fill of it.

Weiss

Banned
So I've been recently reading two horror series called Mahou Shoujo Site and Mahou Shoujo of the End both by Sato Kentaro, and I'm liking them a lot. The former is more in the line of Madoka Magica, while the latter is a full on zombie apocalypse with freaky magical girls and liberal use of character death.

Anybody who likes horror manga should give them a look.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soredemo 110

Wooo, finally joined crunchyroll's manga thingy. The site reader is absolute garbage but at least the tablet app is good.

Also while I joined to encourage more digital publishing, I still have no idea what premium gives that free doesn't have other than simulpub.

This manga is still great. The anastasia bit had me in stitches.

Lain

Muyung volume 5[END]
DhG.jpg

I've had to wait a loooong while to get to read the end to this one.
The end itself was somewhat bitter, what with them making me believe until the end that
Biyong managed to come back to life a second time
and let's not talk about Kirumu coming back
only to die a few pages later
, though that felt pretty meaningful in itself.
At least Kiku
managed to come back to life and come back not as an other, but as herself
and that made me happy.

One thing for sure, this series had some really amazing art, especially the shadowing.

kasane

Soredemo 110

Wooo, finally joined crunchyroll's manga thingy. The site reader is absolute garbage but at least the tablet app is good.

Also while I joined to encourage more digital publishing, I still have no idea what premium gives that free doesn't have other than simulpub.

This manga is still great. The anastasia bit had me in stitches.

Yesss.. the website reader is all kinds of terrible

Terpenoid 1-7 [end]
tumblr_n3qrh5l18A1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Largely an average BL manga with the child raising aspect and the living situation being the main selling points. Was a bit mixed feelings on the coworker being married and with child but still engaged in such extramarital BL activities on the side, additionally since, though he wasn't part of the main couple, was always around the whole time, and then didnt even go to see his pregnant wife give birth. Pretty strange situation. For the main couple their time growing together and managing their relationship while still giving Haru, the elementary kid taken in after his parents died/lost custody due to abuse, served as the most compelling aspect.

kasane

Boys on the run 73

Well i thought he improved, apparently not.

Boys on the run 74

If hes not gonna imrpove im gonna fucking drop this. I mean he didn't really change, hes still a fucking coward.

kasane

Boys on the run 81

She was actually married then she went out with him. This guys is so unlucky.

Edit: So she wanted divorce but all she could think off was him.

Flower and Bunny 1
tumblr_n2br3vX3RF1rmjk6wo1_500.jpg

Fun story between Aizawa-san who seems to be incredibly shy wanting to hide his face from any visitors to his apartment and the local delivery person who always comes to pick up his package. The reveal was handled in a pretty predictable yet funny manner. The scene and just making it clear who Aizawa was outside at the truck and the panicking run. I wanted a bit more done after the lonely scene. Looking forward to the next part.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been recently reading two horror series called Mahou Shoujo Site and Mahou Shoujo of the End both by Sato Kentaro, and I'm liking them a lot. The former is more in the line of Madoka Magica, while the latter is a full on zombie apocalypse with freaky magical girls and liberal use of character death.

Anybody who likes horror manga should give them a look.
Fuck, I am a sucker for magical girls, but not the biggest fan of horror. ugh. I can't even say no because I can hardly find any series about them.

Koe no Katachi 33
what the fuck was even going on

but it was worth it for that panel with Ueno throwing Ishida's neice at him

bromance was cute

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sekai Maou 7
So he's actually legitimate now that he's seeing stuff that Mao can't.

But I'm getting this uneasy feeling from this. I hope they can stay together longer.

Molester Man 9:
holy shit
I was actually sweating while reading those last pages.
That dude is a bigger man than me, that's for sure.

EDIT: Molester Man 10:
its about to go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom