• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I'll always have a soft spot for archers.

Yamada 105 -

hQ8fBAf.png

fidget fidget

K - The First 4

Perhaps the newest piece of information was the Royal Blues security information system, the Vijnaptimatrata. I dont remember it being named in the anime nor the light novels for K that I read though it could be in the Blue one maybe. Everything else was exactly the same as the anime.

Hamatora 4-6

Sisters part was the weakest point but Murasaki slowly but surely being recruited and under Nice's leadership happening faster than I expected gave me a good laugh. This will definitely keep holding me over until the 2nd half of the anime this summer.

Jesus x Dogs 01-02

YdOWburl.png

Your typical exorcist series expect now we have a master and a dog relationship just for the hell of it.

A little wordy which makes it kinda hard to read. It's uh ok, I guess. Pretty average and nothing seems to be completely amazing once you get past the whole master and dog thing.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Basically depends on what studio is doing it.

Kinda dooms it if it is Toei, Studio Pierrot, Gonzo, Madhouse...

And the director,

Madhouse is actually a good studio. They produce some of the best anime of all time. It just that they also made some of the worst anime...

Kiriwo Terrible 01-03

LXyTTmDl.png

Monsters are invading into town. One kid takes on this chance by transforming into the black monster to beat up this invading monster. Only the black monster gets hated by everyone else in the end.

So very shounen, it's pretty fun. It really feels shounen to the letter with the reactions and the action, but it is decent enough to read. I like the whole fact that destroying half a city to defeat a monster doesn't get overlooked for once.

Asahina Koharu’s Delusional Weather

Discovering a girl's secret is not all daises and lilies.

This was a pretty great one-shot though. Has good potential as a full series.

Soma

Knights of Sidonia Ch. 27

NSFW

- Dense to the point of hilarity
- Has a talking Bear Maid who takes care of him
- Loves food to an obsession
- Good at piloting because he actually trained at it for years as a child

I love this protagonist

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Japan's favorite spell, Meteor.

Nothing says epic like doomsday rocks.

Suna o Kizamu Hari 01

God, do I love how glorious the coloring is for this.

Well the theme this time seems to be clocks and running your mouth so that would be interesting to see how it interacts. The main character definitely overthinks a lot and talks a lot. But regardless of that, I still love how nice the art looks.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday is Swimming

An adorable one shot about a guy and a girl who are part of the same swimming club but that's about it.

Lots of blushing and guy noticing stuff about this girl who he's always known but never really knew until he realizes he might never see her again. It's was sweet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The More You Know

You didn't know this? "Gaijin 4koma" has been around forever. It was only minor levels of popular in the US, but apparently it was huge on 2ch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom