• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I was hoping for whenever someone got it, that it'd be some jaw dropping shock. Instead Sabo just leisurely picks it up, and eats it. Then uses it in mere seconds (in which I thought it takes a long time until someone could learn to use a devil fruit?). That was probably the only part of this chapter that I didn't like. I'm just a little disappointed that the tournament ended so sudden, and the fruit was eaten so leisurely.

He must've hung around Ace enough to get a sense of what to do. Most DF users don't have a teacher like tha.t

I wasn't surprised that there was sabotage happening here though.

Shinigami no Kyou 1.1

A normal average high school student gets visited by a shinigami who also happens to basically look like a schoolgirl and is also a tsundere just cause.

It is as average as you would expect it to be just based off the summary.

Iincho 01-02

caB288Zl.jpg

The six class representatives who all are girls and wear glasses unite to fight against a common enemy, the student council president.

Suffers a bit from here's a bunch of girls with no real introductions of them. Could be interesting to see them fight against the student council president. It was interesting enough to read but not sure how much I want to keep following.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break 00

The "campus sword & sorcery" story is set in a private high school that brings together "saviors," youths with awakened memories from past lives. Some of them are Shirogane who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Puraana powers from their own bodies. Others are Kuroma who wipe out enemies, with magic to manipulate the Maana powers that surpass physics. A boy named Moroha Haimura enrolls in this school. He is the first person in history with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma.

Your generic LN plot I can't even bring myself to give an impression since it was so average in I probably seen this all before.

Kieli

Posting in the "anime movie recommendation" thread has me thinking about the feels of not knowing which waifu to root for.

I'm personally rooting for piano-man X robot-maid, but the creator doesn't want to go there (not that he's against it, I hope).

Transmigration Girl

In this world puberty instead of being an ordeal going through many years is instead a week long process where you stay into a cocoon and emerge like a beautiful butterfly! So, here's an one-shot about a wimpy kid who goes through his metamorphosis and ends up being a girl instead.

Pretty nice one-shot. It shows a nice change in the character after metamorphosis though it did feel like everyone gets resolved pretty easily.

scy

It's amazing how many stories like that there are.

Well, I guess not really "amazing" but it keeps surprising me when I see another one pop up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Posting in the "anime movie recommendation" thread has me thinking about the feels of not knowing which waifu to root for.

I'm personally rooting for piano-man X robot-maid, but the creator doesn't want to go there (not that he's against it, I hope).

always root for the tsundere

upandaway

Zero part 2
(100-card poker round 2)

Man this just got a whole lot more complicated. I'll try to maintain logic of my own like usual but I doubt I'll even remember the full scope of the hands.

retcon: HE PULLED

HE

HOLY CRAWHAT

DUDE

Heart no Kakurega 13
tumblr_n3slz6t7RE1rvplimo2_500.jpg

Perfect manga to read to start the day on a really happy note. Jin and Momo finally sharing heartfelt feelings with Jin realizing that he always needed Momo, just hugging was all they needed to make me smile.

Fujimi Lovers 1

A love story about a guy trying to win the heart of his longtime crush, even though the universe takes great pleasure in screwing him over, in the cruelest way possible.

Love the delusional heartbreak moments and I give props to the guy for being that dedicated to one girl.

But I'm almost positive if he gets screwed one more time, then he's going to suffer the mother off all mind breaks.

Cwarrior

Soma is pretty generic though.

Just give it to SHAFT.

and suddenly anime of forever

Some posters fear soma would get a cheap adaptation....but want the cheapest studio of them all shaft to do it???(although trigger pretty close).

To be honest I feel shaft would be good fit, it's not like anyone else reads the manga for anything apart from waifu wars like nisoki, shaft audiences & soma/nisoki are both otakus.

Wynnebeck

Banned
One Piece

Please tell me Sabo left some of the fruit for Luffy. Not fair that the actual "brother" doesn't get a chance share in his legacy. Also Usopp LOL.

Naruto

OH THAT'S REALLY CONVENIENT KISHIMOTO! ARRRGHHH FUCK THIS MANGA!

Bleach

And you get a meteor! And you get a meteor! EVERYONE GETS A METEOR! Also, Kenpachi finally learned the name of his Zanpaktou. Only took how many years.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Please tell me Sabo left some of the fruit for Luffy. Not fair that the actual "brother" doesn't get a chance share in his legacy. Also Usopp LOL.

What's Luffy going to do with the remainder? He can't eat it.

Kurita

Some posters fear soma would get a cheap adaptation....but want the cheapest studio of them all shaft to do it???(although trigger pretty close).

To be honest I feel shaft would be good fit, it's not like anyone else reads the manga for anything apart from waifu wars like nisoki, shaft audiences & soma/nisoki are both otakus.
What's a nisoki

Wiseblade

One Piece

Let me explain all the wrong in this post:

1) Devil Fruits can't be shared. Once the first bite is taken, the remainder is just bad-tasting fruit.

2) Even if it could be shared, Luffy couldn't eat it. It's one power per person under penalty of death (except for Blackbeard, the cheater).

3) Luffy alreay has a Ace tribute attack, Red Hawk. He used it against Hody Jones.

4) They're all equally not blood related, Sabo has just as much claim to the fruit as Luffy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shaft is pretty cheap, but they tend to do some pretty wacky stuff to compensate that cheapness and I really like that wacky stuff.

upandaway

Zero part 2 (end)

Phew...

another cliffhanger? are you kidding me?! :lol

That was good old FKMT. Crazy last arc. It was definitely different in the general concept, and there was heavy heavy Japanese which isn't too accommodating, but it was the good stuff. So thorough that I have to sit back and chill for the rest of the day.

I wonder where the kid is, he could join the Zero team for the next part.

After the Monogatari series and Nisekoi I'd love to see what Shaft could do with a cooking shounen. Can only imagine the foodgasms. What they do with colour would fit really well in a cooking show too, imo.

kasane

Well shaft and the monogatari series were a match made in heaven. Their style fit right in with its tone. I cant imaginr shaft doing soma tho

Well shaft and the monogatari series were a match made in heaven. Their style fit right in with its tone. I cant imaginr shaft doing soma tho

I mean, I wouldn't have pegged them to do Nisekoi but they did a really damn good job.

KyoAni would probably do an awesome job too. Loved what they did on with Hyouka.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also much as people bemoan shaft's cheapness, I think that some of their adaptations have been perfect for what they are. Sayonara zetsubou sensei and hidemari sketch are about as perfect for their source material as they could be. The Soredemo machi wa mawatteiru adaptation is amazing also.

Right now there's only 2 girls with a chance of winning. And only one of them should win.

maybe the new girl might have a chance. If they introduce a good new character that actually has a chance it might revitalise it. Maybe. Probably not.

kasane

Right now there's only 2 girls with a chance of winning. And only one of them should win.

maybe the new girl might have a chance. If they introduce a good new character that actually has a chance it might revitalise it. Maybe. Probably not.

We all know chitoges mom is gonna win

bigkrev

Oh come on,
There is no way that it doesn't end with Chitoge and Raku realizing and admitting that they actually do like each other, and her winning.

Oh come on,
There is no way that it doesn't end with Chitoge and Raku realizing and admitting that they actually do like each other, and her winning.

oh of course, but I'm saying that adding something new to the mix might make it more interesting for a while,
especially if the girl has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom