• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuukan Shounen Girl 01

Strips her in order to read the next chapter. That dedication.

Shuukan Shounen Girl 02

ydk996K.png

What young love.

I like this series. It gives us these weird events and it makes it pretty enjoyable going through them.

Lain

Sumomomo Momomo 1-13
This is actually pretty good so far, romantic comedy with a hint of Martial arts, chapter 13 had a brilliant
friendzoning

Another person reading this makes me happy.

I hate lists panda. What now? :(

Lists suck. They're only good to check if you have already boughtread something.

---

Peephole 18
First and last two pages made this golden.

Peephole 19
Poor sob get used as bait just like that. He's constantly triggering his death flag,

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
All You Need is Kill - LN Version, Viz Media
So, i'm LTTP.
- Viz media remove all the illustration inside the LN, so no Yoshitoshi Abe greatness other than the cover (why you do this to me ;_;) i pick this version instead of the movie tie-in since the movie tie in cover is Tom Cruise, which kinda meh...
- The endorsement is spot on, it's full of action and very fast paced.
- Kiriya Keiji is an interesting character, and he start from being normal grunt with twisted sense of humor to legitimate badass
- The science fiction term is not really detailed, but it's serviceable

- Tl;DR it's a good entertaining novel that can be read in one sitting.

kasane

So, i'm LTTP.
- Viz media remove all the illustration inside the LN, so no Yoshitoshi Abe greatness other than the cover (why you do this to me ;_;) i pick this version instead of the movie tie-in since the movie tie in cover is Tom Cruise, which kinda meh...
- Kiriya Keiji is an interesting character, and he start from being normal grunt with twisted sense of humor to legitimate badass

How much?

I've been away for a while.

Naruto
Woo Gai!!! Ripped Madara apart. Then Naruto in jesus mode had to come and step in from Gai going out in a blaze of glory. What a glory hog! >:|

Bleach
Kenpachi's shikai..... OH SHIT! HYPE!!!

One Piece
GODA!!!!! This is the chapter I was waiting for finally! Half the crew might be missing but damn hype is increasing to make the Luffy and Don fight a good one. But will poor Zoro get to fight anyone with him getting lost? Maybe solo the people Franky couldn't beat?

Nisekoi and Soma, pls hurry! So hyped for both those chapters.

wonzo

Banned
Aku no Hana 56

That was a nice way of wrapping things up through the weird dream sequence. Either that or this is yet another part of Oshimi's master plan to troll the shit outta us with the next and final chapter.

87 Clockers 7

Literally overclocking NTR. lmao

A Girl by the Sea 14

Uhm, I certainly wasn't expecting scat when i started reading this series…
scusthov.gif

Kingdom 358-359

This revenge arc fucking owns.

Citrus 9

yeah im done with this dumb meandering shit

Lain

So, i'm LTTP.

I hope the Italian version will keep Abe's illustrations. Also I was interested in some opinions about this, so this is useful info.

Dresden

For whatever reason I caught up on Hitsugi no Chaika tonight.

I, uh, kinda enjoyed it. Picks up as it goes. The chapters are short. A solid 5/10.

Dresden

Aku no Hana 56

That was a nice way of wrapping things up through the weird dream sequence. Either that or this is yet another part of Oshimi's master plan to troll the shit outta us with the next and final chapter.

You know, I feel like the final twist of the knife will be an explicit acknowledgement of the fact that he has replaced Nakamura with an idealized replica. Basically he has traded one delusion/fantasy for another, but the latter being more acceptable to the public than the classroom trashing, baseball bat wielding maniac.

I think we saw this with Saeki as well - she's replaced Kasuga with a gormless version of him. lol.

wonzo

Banned
You know, I feel like the final twist of the knife will be an explicit acknowledgement of the fact that he has replaced Nakamura with an idealized replica. Basically he has traded one delusion/fantasy for another, but the latter being more acceptable to the public than the classroom trashing, baseball bat wielding maniac.

I think we saw this with Saeki as well - she's replaced Kasuga with a gormless version of him. lol.
It'll either end like this or with the entire city burning down in flames while Nakamura (and the flower of evil) watches over the chaos.

Shitsuren Chocolatier 01-02

Guy really likes this girl. Girl really likes the chocolate he makes. They end up dating but turns out she's two-timing him and breaks with up. So guy in desperation travels to Paris to become a world class chocolatier.

Flash forward and he still loves her. They run into each other and she tells him she getting married soon. So of course he ends up catering for her reception AND still pines for her. And doesn't ever seem to ever stop pining for her.

Man, this is definitely a shoujo and an annoying shoujo for having such a terrible MC. I haven't even finished the first volume yet so I can't wait for more delusions of how he'll win her over or whatever. This is one couple I literally do not want to get together in the end.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Well, at least I won't have to read it myself! Thanks for being the martyr

Bokura No Himitsu Wo Kyouyuu Shiyou Ka? 2
that arrogant son of a bitch. don't forgive him you moron, not until he makes up for it. the only thing he did was force a kiss on you! ugh

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Bokura No Himitsu Wo Kyouyuu Shiyou Ka? 4
ugh, why does it always have to be a player. But it's nice that the guy fell in love first I guess. I like when that happens

Solanin 1 - 5:
It's not Punpun levels of interesting, but I'm enjoying it so far.
Also, dat guitar~ I wish importing one of those from Japan wasn't so damn expensive. :/

Silver Spoon 1 - 12:
I don't know why I love this so much, but I do.

Kono Oto Tomare! 1:
OK, I'm in. This is a fine example on how to do the first chapter in a series.

Akame ga Kiru! 1:
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Mortemis

Banned
Solanin 1 - 5:
Also, dat guitar~ I wish importing one of those from Japan wasn't so damn expensive. :/

Silver Spoon 1 - 12:

Kono Oto Tomare! 1:

Akame ga Kiru! 1:

Honestly you should just stop right there for Akame ga kill. But silver spoon is good. Reminds me that I need to catch up with this now that the anime is done.

KumaJG

Solanin 1 - 5:

Silver Spoon 1 - 12:

Kono Oto Tomare! 1:

Akame ga Kiru! 1:

Yooo I love Akame Ga Kiru! I just picked it up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Solanin is 10 times more competent than Punpun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Have you read soma 66 yet? I know I have (¬‿¬)

As far as I'm aware there is still no place to read translations as of this post

The best I can guess is that you can read moonrunes.

Shitsuren Chocolatier 03-04

Bahhhhh, I am not liking this whole oh suddenly he's popular and now I may finally develop feelings for him even though I'm married. Bleh.

I feel bad for the girl who actually likes this sad sack cause she'll never win.

Will probably still read against my better judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom