• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, everyone knows that child prodigies tend to be lacking in other departments, specifically social skills so its not that far-fetched!

Dunno, Soma's pretty sociable especially since he's usually interacts with the customers in the restaurant.

Blind to love and whatever? That's pretty normal!

kasane

First chapter: "Listen Souma the secret to become a good chief is meeting a woman that will make you want to give all the food you make to her"

*next page: Erina double spread*

I rest my case

jS30xij.gif

OBJECTION

Ikenai Mousou Fudanshi 01

The story of how a fudanshi who doesn't believe he's gay will probably find out that he's actually gay. And will probably shag his new roommate in the process.

Exactly what it says on the tin.

iavi

I've said it before, no one in will win besides soma, all soma wants to do is cook. last chapter will be him running the shop or him in a random country cooking while the rest of the cast reminisce about him or are being served his food.

I'm actually going to make the prediction that by the end of all of this, Soma will want to do nothing related to cooking. The series hasn't introduced the whole chart-your-own-path point yet because it's only framed Soma as a kid with a serious admiration for his dad, and cooking the only thing he knows, so far. I see it coming, though.

It's the same character-situation with Erina, which is exactly why I think she's this major player being kept largely in the background to be used when the plot does its heel-turn.

The Way of Saving Tsukiyoda Sadame's World 01

9KPzv7jl.jpg

A hypocrite who dreams of conquering the world gets tasked with doing ridiculous missions in order to prevent the destruction of the world.

This is pretty amazing. With such tasks as stealing the underwear of the most popular girl or kancho 150 guys, this will definitely turn out to be an one of a kind manga. The main character is aware of his hypocrisy which makes it even better and I'm looking forward to seeing what terrible task he'll have to do.

Dresden

Soma is clearly heading towards an Iai Bancho ending. He'll settle down and open a small personable restaurant with his waifu, Tadokoro.

Erina end is one of those Bad Ends in visual novels where no one is happy and everyone is dead.

Alice end is a troll end that happens halfway into the story and takes you back to the title screen.

kasane

Soma is clearly heading towards an Iai Bancho ending. He'll settle down and open a small personable restaurant with his waifu, Tadokoro.

Erina end is one of those Bad Ends in visual novels where no one is happy and everyone is dead.

Alice end is a best end.

FTFY

ALICE BEST GIRL MOFO

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Alice end is a troll end that happens halfway into the story and takes you back to the title screen.
The words of a VN expert right here folks.

iavi

So spot on it hurts.

But we all know Tadokoro is the false-good end that you get when you haven't hit enough of the proper flags to get the true Ryoko ending. C'mon now.

But Iai Bancho ended with
two waifus
I think.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Can't we talk about the hot-blooded Iron Chef parts of the series?

They're well-drawn and a ton of fun to watch.
I also have to applaud Saeki for going behind "orgasmic reactions" and doing all sorts of crazy things

Haly

But we all know Tadokoro is the false-good end that you get when you haven't hit enough of the proper flags to get the true Ryoko ending. C'mon now.

Who the fuck is Ryoko??

Gakumon! School of Monsters 01

The :DTL route could have been interesting.

Anyway, little wolf is now going to school to support her deadbeat father and become a wolfman. Of course, she's a girl so there's going to be some gender hiding and such.

From the author of Senyuu so I love it already.

Tadakoro ending:

Soma ends in that shitty village Tadakoro is from, running a no name restaurant which has dulled his skills over the years. Since Tadakoro had to drop after the second year, Soma had no choice that follow her and wasn't able to surpass his father.

With 4 kids he dosn't have time to what he loved to do, which was cooking. But that dosn't matter anymore, cooking now is an obligation since he have 5 mouths to feed and after hours and hours of cooking out of obligation he dosn't really want to do it. He spends the nights masturbating furiously to Erina appearances in Master Chef , always wondering what was that feeling inside him. That feeling of wanting to make Erina say that his food was marvelous, to make her taste over and over his skills in the kitchen, to go beyond his skills by travelling all over the world with her.

BAD END

when are we going back to normal?

This is our normal

Haly

This is just going to end up in tragedy again once Soma ends a few years from now .

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've said it before, no one in will win besides soma, all soma wants to do is cook. last chapter will be him running the shop or him in a random country cooking while the rest of the cast reminisce about him or are being served his food.

Evergreen 1 - 15
seemingly nice little series, hopefully it doesn't turn into a nisekoi type deal. Everything seems to be going well, issues so far have been cleared up nicely and there hasn't been an other girls to show up yet.

Hoshi no Furu Machi
I like the artists' version of densha otoko and I'm liking Regatta so I checked it out. It's a pretty jumpy series, no real direction but some nice conflict between parents and expectations of their children.

Evergreen is by the Toradora and Golden Time lady. I don't expect there to be significant competition outside of On-chan.

Tadakoro ending:

Soma ends in that shitty village Tadakoro is from, running a no name restaurant which has dulled his skills over the years. Since Tadakoro had to drop after the second year, Soma had no choice that follow her and wasn't able to surpass his father.

With 4 kids he dosn't have time to what he loved to do, which was cooking. But that dosn't matter anymore, cooking now is an obligation since he have 5 mouths to feed and after hours and hours of cooking out of obligation he dosn't really want to do it. He spends the nights masturbating furiously to Erina appearances in Master Chef , always wondering what was that feeling inside him. That feeling of wanting to make Erina say that his food was marvelous, to make her taste over and over his skills in the kitchen, to go beyond his skills by travelling all over the world with her.

BAD END

I lost it at this point. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom