• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Knights of Sidonia (Caught up on translations)

So moe. Nagate has the best harem.

So yeah it's been pretty solid so far. The action scenes seems to be a lot more coherent, the art style feels like it's improved, and I'm actually interested to see what the latest developments have in store. It's definitely not Nihei's strongest series and I really hope he goes back to something more atmospheric after this series but it's an enjoyable change of pace from his usual work.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Soma 66

Ok, I was afraid that they were going to do some bullshit "heart" thing to justify soma winning, but they actually came up with a victory condition that actually showed why and where nakiri's dish failed where soma's didin't, that's connected to the technicalities of the theme instead of some bullshit notion of giving something more "heart".

Which is pretty awesome.

wonzo

Banned
Ore no Pantsu ga Nerawareteita 1-2
orenopantsu2.png
Murakami-kun's dream is to have an ideal relationship with a normal girl like in shoujo mangas. One day, a girl finally confesses to him but to his surprise, all she wants is his underwear! Now, what kind of love story will unfold with his underwear at stake?

I take back what I said about iShoujo, now this is art!

jchap

Soma 66

Seems kind of anti climatic to beat Alice in the first round but I guess we still have Takumi and mystery guy to beat. Hopefully its Takumi in the final.

upandaway

Soma

I'm super okay with this. Although it is surprising that it was such a landslide victory, I didn't expect that at all.

The most important part of the chapter:

GgvUyP3.png

Quasar

Evergreen 1-15 - Hardly original but a solid start to a solid romance. Though I rolled my eyes at the revelation thats telegraphed.
did we really need them to be secret cousins

Antiwhippy

Gotta say, the more I think about it, the more I really want to try nori jelly which bursts to envelope the rice. Sounds fucking delicious.

upandaway

Nisekoi

:lol hehehe. That was a good one! Forget the lock promise summer, she was there for the whole thing. Dunno if she's the 4th one but whatever.

Conan-san

I want to talk about how awful Nisekoi is but every time I try to vocalise my feelings, I just clutch my face, scream and head-butt a wall until my brain bleeds.

Antiwhippy

Since we're talking about harems, what are people's favourite harems? Not as in if the harem series is good, but if the harem in the series is good.

Ouran high school host club probably has the GOAT harem for me.

upandaway

Since we're talking about harems, what are people's favourite harems? Not as in if the harem series is good, but if the harem in the series is good.

The harem in Peephole is great. Aside from that I haven't been paying attention to something like this, at all, so I don't really have preferences.

I guess I could mention Saki here too.

dumbyugi

It's hard for me to pick my favourite harem. To Love-Ru and Ai Kora are the first ones that came to mind but that might just be because they're my favourite harem series. I like Hayate's harem quite a bit as well. It would be one of those then I guess.

Antiwhippy

Come to think of it most of the harem series I actually like is mostly due to liking the main hero/heroine too, as is the case with ouran and ranma 1/2.

dumbyugi

Speaking of harems, I need good smutty/trashy harem recommendations

Only 9 pages of aunt tits a week isn't enough trash/smut/smutty trash in my life.

Do you already read To Love-Ru Darkness? If not read the first series so you can. Some other suggestions:

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken
Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
Tama Hiyori
Iinazuke Kyoutei
Blade Play
Nuiguru Mix
Oku-sama ga Seito Kaichou!
Rescue Me!
Sore ga Kanojo no Seigi nara

As a warning some of those haven't been scanned in quite a while. But you should read them and join in my suffering. Some of them might not be as smutty as you might like either.

Antiwhippy

I'm not sure sure if gou-dere bishoujo nagihara sora is a harem as much as it is a "guy gets forced to committing increasing lewd acts of innuendo and suffers as a result of it." manga.

dumbyugi

I'm not sure sure if gou-dere bishoujo nagihara sora is a harem as much as it is a "guy gets forced to committing increasing lewd acts of innuendo and suffers as a result of it." manga.

Yeah it and Tama Hiyori are the 2 series on that list that aren't really proper harems. They are both rather smutty though so I figured they were worth suggesting anyway.

Fucked.
It got its first ranking this week, and it was essentially at the bottom (only beaten by Kochikame which doesn't count and Tokyo Wonder Boys which gets its first ranking next week, but that one sounds dead too).

RIP shonen shadowrun. :(

If Illegal Rare could go from bottom five first ranking to being in the top and good enough for CP, then Stealth Symphony could too. As the best of the mix with shinobi, dragons, wolf cyborgs, and more, I think we shouldnt count it dead yet...

Antiwhippy

Berserk 338

After the long wait the inside of falconia was a bit... mundane I guess. Can't wait to see the full extent of it in 5 years time.

Still, cool to see that luca is still alive.

Though I'm just hoping that the next chapter is Guts breaking into griffith's room and snapping his back in half.

Nisekoi 118

I don't like her -_- Chitoge's face was amazing though.

Haru to Natsu 15

I dunno if he's the luckiest guy in the world or if I should feel sorry for him.

Probably both.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 20

That was pretty cute.

789shadow

Banned
But that would mean he'd have already found One Piece and became Pirate King, and I just can't see Oda ending the series on Luffy dying. The only way the series will end will be with Luffy as the next Shanks passing on the straw hat to some new kid keeping the dream alive
For what it's worth, the final war arc will DEFINITELY happen after Luffy becomes Pirate King.

Waraenu Douji - 108 no Gou 1
Checklist time:

Episodic ✔
Suffering ✔
Morality ✔
Cute girls doing cute overseeing ✔

A zashiki-warashi born from a dead girl needs to collect human desires to reach the afterlife. This translates to her sticking her dainty nose into various people's shitty circumstances, with surprisingly positive results. It's the sort of series I have a natural fondness for, and fortunately it's just revived from scanlation limbo. Backlogged pending further releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom