• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright then. Any thoughts on when the last chapter will be?

Hard to say. I imagine if Jump was jumping to get it cancelled, it might be allowed to finish at least two volumes worth of material so probably around chapter 14 or whatever.

Who knows, maybe Jump is willing to try and let it become popul-haha, couldn't finish that sentence.

upandaway

Hard to say. I imagine if Jump was jumping to get it cancelled, it might be allowed to finish at least two volumes worth of material so probably around chapter 14 or whatever.

Who knows, maybe Jump is willing to try and let it become popul-haha, couldn't finish that sentence.
The 2 volume mark for canceled series is 17-18, considering they can use the extra space for one-shots and stuff.

Kind of relevant: the next cancellation period is the one around Golden Week. It usually starts in the GW double issue (the one next Wednesday). Last year's casualty for that issue was Medaka Box :(

Anything that survives the next ~4 issues is safe until the batch after that (mid-end July)

The 2 volume mark for canceled series is 17-18, considering they can use the extra space for one-shots and stuff.

Kind of relevant: the next cancellation period is the one around Golden Week. It usually starts in the GW double issue (the one next Wednesday). Last year's casualty for that issue was Medaka Box :(

Anything that survives the next ~4 issues is safe until the batch after that (mid-end July)

But theres nothing that could end in four issues especially with iron knight having ended two issues ago, soul catcher(s) got an official twitter account recently so it most likely wouldnt end that suddenly either.

Unless TWB is doing that terrible since its in bottom five before even chp1 rank...and they end it as early as they did mutou black... (10or so chps)...

upandaway

Medeka box got cancelled? Thats news to me
There's no way to know, but it did end in time with a cancellation batch for that year (if I remember right the next one after Medaka Box was Hungry Joker). If it wasn't canceled, at the very least it probably ended with some kind of higher authority involvement.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Akihiko already won the Persona husbando war, for all past and future Persona games.

upandaway

Medaka Box was set up so it could basically end every 20 or so chapters with full closure and an ending that resolves everything in 4 chapters. That's just Nisio being amazing. I don't think a good ending is proof that it wasn't cancelled.

But theres nothing that could end in four issues especially with iron knight having ended two issues ago, soul catcher(s) got an official twitter account recently so it most likely wouldnt end that suddenly either.

Unless TWB is doing that terrible since its in bottom five before even chp1 rank...and they end it as early as they did mutou black... (10or so chps)...
I haven't looked at the ToC in forever so I'm not sure about this, but I think they have an extra room?

The GW cancellations are not always too big, it's July that's really going big because on top of the cancellations they need to free a spot for the Golden Future Cup.

Hm, interesting to see we have a potential cancellation period up next. Though kinda hard to say if anything is in danger besides the new series (which were almost always in danger anyway). Unless we get a sudden cancellation of something else.

Akihiko already won the Persona husbando war, for all past and future Persona games.

I have no further complaints.

Baby Steps 7

0EEUd36.png

man I hope the mangaka doesn't even try to do something dumb like introduce another girl. She would have negative chance.

scy

The other girl is technically introduced at the start, I think.

Her gimmick is that she stands no chance

Lain

Kasane stole some pretty girl's face I see.

Pintokona volume 1-2
BMG.jpg
CMG.jpg

Romace+kabuki+love...squares?
So far it's a pretty interesting read. Between Takeru and Hiroki, I definitely prefer Takeru, especially after the second volume, so I hope he'll be able to sway Ayame and make her fall for him.
While the first volume put more emphasis on Takeru's past and the reasons about his behaviour, volume 2 was all about Hiroki's past and I really, really disliked some of his choices, especially how he went and fucked the girl he doesn't like to learn about sexuality to do a better interpretation for Kabuki so to be able to become a great Kabuki artist because he loves Ayame and wants to fulfill her dream. It's like what the fuck man, you're supposed to be smart, but this is just dumb.
Anyways, volume 2 starts from the past and ends in the present, right when Ayame and Takeru meet Hiroki and I really, really hope Takeru will end up making Ayame fall for him. She's too cool for Hiroki.

scy

Medaka Box was set up so it could basically end every 20 or so chapters with full closure and an ending that resolves everything in 4 chapters. That's just Nisio being amazing. I don't think a good ending is proof that it wasn't cancelled.

True. More just noting it didn't feel like a "welp, got cancelled" ending.

so much for that post i made huh

Oh. Oops.

Well, he already knows stuff since it took a lot of convincing to get him to start reading.

I just totally missed that post ;__;

Still reading Kingdom
I am currently on Chapter 67 right now... half way through the protagonist's first War

This series is like Dynasty Warriors on steroids, while all the characters faces look as if they are wearing ferocious Demon Masks

.... I LOVE IT!

bigkrev

Stealth Symphony 6-7

In a series where your biggest problem is that you have way too much going on, it's always smart to introduce a ton of new hints like Nina and Robot Wolfs to your universe!

Cancel this shit.

Baby Steps 12

I think the reasons I'm enjoying this so much are very similar to why I like Soma.

The tennis matches generally revolve around the character and how he can adapt to the situation, using the strength of his eyes to switch it up. It also goes into at least the basics of tennis techniques, making it a bit more technical than just pages of them slugging it out.

It also helps that Natsu's incredible.

It reads really fast and just reminds me of Soma a lot idk

upandaway

Baby Steps 12

I think the reasons I'm enjoying this so much are very similar to why I like Soma.

The tennis matches generally revolve around the character and how he can adapt to the situation, using the strength of his eyes to switch it up. It also goes into at least the basics of tennis techniques, making it a bit more technical than just pages of them slugging it out.

It also helps that Natsu's incredible.

It reads really fast and just reminds me of Soma a lot idk
It's definitely similar to Soma in how it uses and avoids popular tropes, and is generally down-to-earth with the things that are often abused in other manga. It's just refreshing in general. Soma's still thoroughly Jump and Baby Steps is still thoroughly Magazine in nature, so they're way different, but I can see why you'd say that relative of each series to other series they're similar to.

It's also the best sports manga, just as an aside.

Charade

Rin 17

Hm. Lots of sightseeing and not much else. I do wonder though how the delinquent's brother is gonna come into play. Some of the southern accent stuff from this chapter was amusing too (I assume to approximate a kansai dialect or similar).

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 55-61

I kinda forgot about him having girl trauma after what happened with Asahi and Aoi.

Screw that bitch though.

Unlike Tsukiko, I want him to bang her and make her his.

Wonder how that's going to happen.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 62

Oh. My. God.

He is, in fact, prettier than the other girls.

Almost sure that Teacher is going to fall for the Bridget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom