• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Trailer. PS Vita.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Now the question for me:
Import a physical copy, or use my JP PSN account. I have set aside a JP memory card with room on it.
Are there any benefits of playing this on my US PSN account (I'm guessing I could only do that if I ordered retail)? (trophies I guess?)
Edit: I don't mind if it's in English or not, I need to brush up on my 日本語 anyways.

None really playing on your US PSN as you cant download any DLC and no patches.

Parakeetman

Patches downloads and works fine with imports, but you can't download DLC.

So JP patches for a game that is not released in the US will actually be downloaded from the US PSN is what you are saying? And it has been a constant thing with every import game that has patches?

koutoru

^ This is true. I went to play Shinovi Versus on my US account but I could still download the updates for the game when I started it.

Parakeetman

Very interesting and good to know for the future when other members ask! Glad to have confirmation from other members. Thanks for the info you two. Will be sure to add that in the OT FAQ.

Trying to picture how the backend tracks all of this. Interesting. Only thing I can think of is that all updates go into a central database that pulls the correct data based off of the software installed on the vita itself rather than what region of PSN is being used.

So I just started watching the anime and it's enjoyable. One question about the game, does it have dating sim element? Because I like Lizbeth more than Asuna.

I can confirm as well that patches can be downloaded on a US/CA PSN account.

IT seems that it's the same as the PS3, in that you can download patches on whatever account but you can't buy DLC or redeem codes (not 100% sure on the codes) since that requires the PSN store of the game's region.

Ryuukan

Off play-asia:

a_799432.jpg

Yeah thats what I thought?

That's also the last info I read yeah. It might be just a slip-up by Play-Asia but it seems strange that they would use a banner to promote that English subs are in but at the same time list it together with the release date of the non-English version o.o

Parakeetman

That's still strange, wasn't the Asia version set for sometimes in May?

I just checked their site and they seem to have 2 different versions for the "Asia" version. wtf .

This one says May
http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-chinese-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jlr.html

This one is the same as the JP date April 24th.
http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-paOS-13-49-en-70-7fcf.html

A friend of mine in the media attended an event recently. This is actually confirmed for the US, I believe Fall 2014

Until we get some official confirmation on that am not spreading any sort of rumors yet.

I just checked their site and they seem to have 2 different versions for the "Asia" version. wtf .

This one says May
http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-chinese-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7jlr.html

http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-paOS-13-49-en-70-7fcf.html

Okay it gets weirder and weirder, I assume the first one is the one with the supposed English text while the second is the Japanese version for Asia territories that get also sold in HongKong etc.

Parakeetman

Totally understand. I believe the embargo for all their news is sometime next week.

Thanks for the info though since am sure lots of folks would appreciate knowing if there will be a release in the West or not. Question dont have to give out specifics but is it from a larger news site? Since want to check if it will be easy to find news on it when the announcement is made.

Weird advertising by them. I would go by this http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-...apanese-and-english-paOS-17-74-579-49-en.html as it seems to be a fuller listing of all the versions.

Yeah that does help out a lot, thanks for posting that.

---

On a separate note am going to wind up with 1 or 2 extra JP LE versions of the game. So will have to pawn those off later here in the GAF B&S thread at near cost.

This one says May

Until we get some official confirmation on that am not spreading any sort of rumors yet.

There can be as many Asian (R3) version as there are languages in Asia /exaggeration. Asian versions = R3 version(s)

R3 Japanese
Full carbon copy of JP release except for metadata and the box. (Usually cheaper than JP ones)​
R3 English
Full carbon copy of English releases (usually the R1 version)​
R3 Korean
R3 Chinese + English
R3 Chinese

Parakeetman

There can be as many Asian (R3) version as there are languages in Asia /exaggeration. Asian versions = R3 version(s)

R3 Japanese
Full carbon copy of JP release except for metadata and the box. (Usually cheaper than JP ones)​
R3 English
Full carbon copy of English releases (usually the R1 version)​
R3 Korean
R3 Chinese + English
R3 Chinese

More great info here for folks. Thanks for adding this.

antibolo

Banned
Call me a debbie downer but I'm still not convinced that the Asia version will support English. Looking at screenshots so far, the only English we see is in-universe UI stuff that was also in English in the anime, so it doesn't prove anything. I suspect that people started assuming the game will be playable in full English based on that, which is obviously wrong.

Listonosh

Thanks for the info though since am sure lots of folks would appreciate knowing if there will be a release in the West or not. Question dont have to give out specifics but is it from a larger news site? Since want to check if it will be easy to find news on it when the announcement is made.

Yeah, can't give specifics since I don't want to get any of them in trouble, but multiple outlets were apparently there, so I'm sure you'll be able to find it on any bigger site.

antibolo

Banned
I can confirm as well that patches can be downloaded on a US/CA PSN account.

IT seems that it's the same as the PS3, in that you can download patches on whatever account but you can't buy DLC or redeem codes (not 100% sure on the codes) since that requires the PSN store of the game's region.

Game updates aren't even tied to PSN, they run on different content servers. During the Great Hack of 2011, updates still worked while PSN was completely taken down.

Parakeetman

Yeah, can't give specifics since I don't want to get any of them in trouble, but multiple outlets were apparently there, so I'm sure you'll be able to find it on any bigger site.

Fully understand, but fantastic thats all we need to know!

Parakeetman

Call me a debbie downer but I'm still not convinced that the Asia version will support English. Looking at screenshots so far, the only English we see is in-universe UI stuff that was also in English in the anime, so it doesn't prove anything. I suspect that people started assuming the game will be playable in full English based on that, which is obviously wrong.

Well Ive been saying it from the start. Subtitles does not = Localization with a game. As generally all subtitles would mean with the correct usage of the term is that basically all of the cutscenes would be subtitled, but not the menus and other whatnots. Since "Subtitles" is the term thats being thrown around which is whats raising eyebrows.

Though there are those here who are consumers within the Asian market and say that in the past there are titles that have come out with full English Localization, which is also true. But for the time being people are just going to have to wait and see what the verdict actually is when the game comes out.

lonely

A friend of mine in the media attended an event recently. This is actually confirmed for the US, I believe Fall 2014

This wouldn't surprise me, I imagine after the anime being on Toonami it would be popular enough for an international release. I suppose Tales of Hearts R was there as well and there'll be a blow-out of their new games next week. Hopefully God Eater 2 was there. And good, now I don't have to import.

Listonosh

This wouldn't surprise me, I imagine after the anime being on Toonami it would be popular enough for an international release. I suppose Tales of Hearts R was there as well and there'll be a blow-out of their new games next week. Hopefully God Eater 2 was there. And good, now I don't have to import.

A little birdy told me Tales of Hearts R was there =)

However, apparently God Eater 2 was not =(

Parakeetman

A little birdy told me Tales of Hearts R was there =)

However, apparently God Eater 2 was not =(

Yeah I dont think we will be seeing GE2 until the team actually finishes the Online Infrastructure Patch. Which has not come out yet apparently as it was not in the last big update, though "maybe" the next one will have it. Along with the survival mode stuff.

Seriously wonder wtf is going on as they had made it originally sound like the online stuff was going to be in the next big patch after launch and 3 updates later nothing yet. Though there was a niconico broadcast which online play & survival mode is coming in the next patch. We will see though...

Yeah I dont think we will be seeing GE2 until the team actually finishes the Online Infrastructure Patch. Which has not come out yet apparently as it was not in the last big update, though "maybe" the next one will have it. Along with the survival mode stuff.

Seriously wonder wtf is going on as they had made it originally sound like the online stuff was going to be in the next big patch after launch and 3 updates later nothing yet. Though there was a niconico broadcast which online play & survival mode is coming in the next patch. We will see though...

1.3 was released before they announced the contents of the next patch (aka Infra Mode/Online).

Parakeetman

Got the latest famitsu and looks like the game got all 8s.

8 / 8 / 8 / 8

The previous title Infinity Moment on the PSP had the following

8 / 7 / 7 / 7

While Im not really much of a fan of famitsu scores and their piss poor write ups that go with it, at least its some information for those.

Personally I already see the game having a lot of big improvements over the previous title which is important as is.

Parakeetman

I am hoping the Hong Kong verison will have English subtitles. I doubt this will make it state side :/ hopefully I am wrong

There was that, but we still have yet to see anything as an official announcement or news sites putting it up yet. Perhaps after the launch of the JP one. Who knows really though. Right now basically agreed to treat it as unconfirmed.

Is this a Vita MMO? Are there subscription fees? Playing an MMO on a portable is oddly enticing. I'm just getting into FFXIV: ARR on PS4 and falling in love with MMOs again (the only MMO I really got into was WoW - FFXIV is showing me that they've actually made some progress while I've been away from them).

An MMO on my Vita. How cool is that?

Ryuukan

Is this a Vita MMO? Are there subscription fees? Playing an MMO on a portable is oddly enticing. I'm just getting into FFXIV: ARR on PS4 and falling in love with MMOs again (the only MMO I really got into was WoW - FFXIV is showing me that they've actually made some progress while I've been away from them).

An MMO on my Vita. How cool is that?

MMO feel only

Top Bottom