• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Trailer. PS Vita.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

(click on picture to play video)

New trailer for the upcoming PS Vita title Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Comes out on the 24th here in Japan. Pretty good trailer clocking in at 6 minutes.

Am looking forward to the game considering all the improvements that are being made over the previous PSP version. Will be interesting to see if it drives Vita sales forward also considering how popular the series is, on top of the PSP one sold out all over the place too at the time back when it launched. With the inclusion of a multiplayer mode should help folks consider taking the dive again with the Vita remake.

Just as with the PSP version Lisbeth all the time, any time. lol

x9nUsQj.gif

The story in the game is by far more amusing than the arc the anime went after defeating Heathcliff (Kayaba Akihito) where this game starts off from. So with that being said those who are not too familiar with everything that happened up until then are going to be a bit confused with what the fuck is going on.

Parakeetman

Unless the game is a buggy mess, from what Im seeing here about all the new features and how it looks overall I can pretty much be certain this might sell out again. Really am glad to see all the improvements.

Will see how the combat system is improved too. Best way for folks to think about it, is that the game is more like an actual MMO style combat rather than something like Phantasy Star Online for example. Though am still not certain how they will fully deal with it in this game. From how the combat footage looks, Im pretty sure it still should be the same for the most part though with how the PSP one was designed.

The MP mode looks like it might be fun and should bring back the feeling of fighting strong bosses in MMOs and such. Which for those of us who have been MMO gamers in the past know what a great thrill those types of battles are with friends.

Man really am glad once again to see how it looks like they really have put a lot of effort into evolving what they had started with and making what looks to be a pretty damned good game. Cant wait for my LE copy to arrive! Need to beat Natural Doctrine before that.

Parakeetman

I'd probably play this if it made it stateside.

But that isn't going to happen.

Seeing how all sorts of Vita titles, even shitty ones *cough* MIND≒0 *cough* are being localized for the Vita its quite possible that someone would pick this up or BanNam will just do it themselves. Since the Anime has come out in the West too. And with the new push with the Vita could be quite possible. Will have to wait and see.

Its good that they didnt release the PSP one as dont think it would have been accepted too well by the majority with how it was in its current state. This far better looks like it has a chance of doing decent.

I'd probably play this if it made it stateside.

But that isn't going to happen.

yeah, thats looking unlikely.

Bamco doesn't really care for Western Vita owners.

but hey, for some divine reason we are getting One Piece Unlimited World Red in a PHYSICAL version for Vita, so, don't completely rule anything out.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I want this game in English.

Parakeetman

Pretty sure I heard something about English subtitles.

No idea about a US/EU release though.

That was for the Asian version. Though subtitles usually means over "cutscenes" and such and not exactly menus and other text. You folks on the fence should wait and see till another GAF member or someone gets the Asian version and confirms if its actually "localized" or just "subtitled" since there will be a difference.

$h@d0w

I want this game in English.

You're in luck, the Asian version is English with Japanese voice acting.

This was confirmed at a Taiwan event recently.

That was for the Asian version. Though subtitles usually means over "cutscenes" and such and not exactly menus and other text. You folks on the fence should wait and see till another GAF member or someone gets the Asian version and confirms if its actually "localized" or just "subtitled" since there will be a difference.

These days games are pretty clear about this, English text will mean all of the text will be in English.

Parakeetman

These days games are pretty clear about this, English text will mean all of the text will be in English.

Then someone apparently needs to understand what the difference between "subtitles" and "localization" are. Since sites that are reporting things do not.

Gonna have to buy me the asian version then :)

Parakeetman

I wonder if they will keep in the system that you will be pretty much be responsible for the deaths of other players in the game. Not the story ones obviously but the others who join you in the floor boss fights. Since the PSP version had that system, which even had a chart showing what level folks were and how many were alive or dead. You apparently could assist them with fights as they do their own thing out in the field too that helped level them up, which then also ties into when you take on the next floor boss. Thought it was interesting they included such a system, though added stress at the same time.

Trace

Banned
Only the chinese version has english subs from what I know, make sure you're ordering that and not the japanese version. The chinese version comes out in may.

Parakeetman

doesnt this game have the option of sleeping with some of the characters? would that even survive an EU/US localisation?

Its nothing more than what it states, which is just going to sleep. Its no different than Kirito and Asuna living together in the cabin in the series.

In the game character asks if they can stay with you for the night, game cuts out, next morning when you wake up character greets you. Thats about all it really was.

UberTag

Are there any other noteworthy Vita games with English subs hard-coded in (either to Chinese versions or otherwise) that aren't or will never be localized that are worth exploring as an import?

doesnt this game have the option of sleeping with some of the characters? would that even survive an EU/US localisation?

why wouldn't it? It doesn't show any graphic sex or nudity. Hell God of War made it by with the sex minigames where the females were naked and made moaning sounds, and you're controller vibrating intensely to boot.

_hekk05

Banned
I went over to the thread about the show....THAT many people hate it?

It's honestly pretty bad. Source material was also pretty bad, but its implementation and pacing was terrible. Said author's writing has improved since though imo.

Good idea for an mmo, bad anime.

$h@d0w

Then someone apparently needs to understand what the difference between "subtitles" and "localization" are. Since sites that are reporting things do not.

I've never a seen a game released here with just English subtitles with the rest of the gameplay text in Chinese. The language split has always been between text and speech.

There's a first for everything though!

Parakeetman

I've never a seen a game released here with just English subtitles with the rest of the gameplay text in Chinese. The language split has always been between text and speech.

There's a first for everything though!

Thats good to know, but yeah as statement stands. People are missing the fact that subtitles does not = localization. Which is why Im saying it constantly as a word of warning, as we know how folks love to go running off before confirmation.

Granted I dont follow the scene for Taiwan / Asia all that much the last game I remember which was actually localized to some extent was Demon's Souls.

True, and I kinda figured that. But I wasn't expecting almost an entire thread dedicated to hating the show! I enjoyed myself, so it was just a little surprising.

Granted the show had issues and the 2nd half was stupid I enjoyed it for what it was. At least the game was good and this one is looking to be a huge improvement over that. Taking the story arc to personally where it should have gone.

Sigh... I think I'll go for the team and buy this. We usually have physical releases of games that are digital only on the US / EU (New Little King's Story, DB BOZ, super early release of Ragnarok Ace) so I'm banking on that. My only beef with this is if it follows the price of DB BOZ which came into our shores at 2696php (~60usd). And that is quite expensive for my broke self.

#YOLO
I think I'm going to regret this.

Parakeetman

Sigh... I think I'll go for the team and buy this. We usually have physical releases of games that are digital only on the US / EU (New Little King's Story, DB BOZ, super early release of Ragnarok Ace) so I'm banking on that. My only beef with this is if it follows the price of DB BOZ which came into our shores at 2696php (~60usd). And that is quite expensive for my broke self.

#YOLO
I think I'm going to regret this.

Considering that there is quite a good possibility it wont be a shit game with all the improvements you should be fine. Unless the mechanics drive you insane.

Realistically there will be others here out in HK or Taiwan who would be getting the title so no need for you to step up if you are not actually into the game itself.

Please be good, please be good

Considering I highly enjoyed the PSP one and this seems to totally have built on that for the better am sure it should turn out fine.

Considering that there is quite a good possibility it wont be a shit game with all the improvements you should be fine. Unless the mechanics drive you insane.

Realistically there will be others here out in HK or Taiwan who would be getting the title so no need for you to step up if you are not actually into the game itself.

Don't worry bro, I am one of the few guys here who liked SAO anime. I even modified my PSP for a fan translated SAO game before.

Top Bottom