• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rabbids are back! First teaser of... well... it's not named yet!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2s6269i.gif

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I know he wasn't involved with the last one, but what is Michael Ancel doing these days? he's been rather quiet. Is he going to take this project?

Shins

Banned
God damn it. Give me a Pikmin with Rabbids. They're awesome characters, but I don't like the mini-games.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ggnoobIGN said:
I know he wasn't involved with the last one, but what is Michael Ancel doing these days? he's been rather quiet. Is he going to take this project?

Ancel didn't work on any of the Rabbid games. We don't know what he has been working on this whole time. Whatever it is should be at E3 (we hope)

wsippel

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
His studio started working on a Wii exclusive project at least 15 months ago. That's all I know.

FoneBone

ggnoobIGN said:
the current rumors are a Wii project and (surfer girl again) BG&E2 (PS360), which only just started development.

JDSN said:
Is he leaving Ubisoft?

Yeah, seriously. If he's working on an epic Wii game, Ubisoft would be the last ones funding it.

But seriously, the Rabbids rule, I just wish they'd get out of the mini-games already.

Put them in an action platformer that's a mix of Conker and Lego Star Wars!

Ulairi

Banned
The-Switcher said:
Yeah, seriously. If he's working on an epic Wii game, Ubisoft would be the last ones funding it.

But seriously, the Rabbids rule, I just wish they'd get out of the mini-games already.

Put them in an action platformer that's a mix of Conker and Lego Star Wars!

Ancel has enough pull to develop on whatever platform he wishes to.

watkinzez

*groan* I'd be willing to tolerate the Rabbids if Ancel's original idea came out at Wii launch. As it turned out, Ubi skipped the good stuff and went straight to the crappy spinoffs.

I swear the Rabbid games are the worst missed opportunity ever. They're hilarious, and their games SUCK. :(

I still think a Rabbids-themed Lemmings-like clone thing would be the best thing ever.

bumpkin

SuperJay said:
Raving Rabbids 2 sucked. Ubisoft has a lot of work to do to earn back my trust.
I heard that though the mini-games weren't as varied and inventive as the first game's were, it was a lot funnier... Of course I've only played the original so I have no personal frame of reference.

What did you dislike about RR2?

santouras

Dragona Akehi said:
I still think a Rabbids-themed Lemmings-like clone thing would be the best thing ever.
that is actually a really really good idea. Hell, a rabbids worms/gunbound clone would be pretty funny too

I bought RRR at launch and loved it. I skipped RRR2, because it just looked like more of the same.

This, though. This is a purchase if it is even half decent. Rabbids + Balance Board = :lol :lol :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dragona Akehi said:
I swear the Rabbid games are the worst missed opportunity ever. They're hilarious, and their games SUCK. :(

This is the sad reality =(

LaneDS

watkinzez said:
*groan* I'd be willing to tolerate the Rabbids if Ancel's original idea came out at Wii launch. As it turned out, Ubi skipped the good stuff and went straight to the crappy spinoffs.

What was his original idea?

Wiimoting.gif

See, what really makes this awesome, is not the girl with the wiimote, but the two broads on either side of her. One looks like she' taking a money shot, the other looks like she's doing a reverse cowgirl.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I still want a real Rayman Game with Rabbids, or something good. Not a dam Party game.

Better yet....GIVE ME A RABBID PLUSHIE ^_^

One thing that could really work for the Rabbids is a non-sucky mini-game compilation.

Or a platformer where you play as the Rabbids. Eh? Eh? Call it simply "Raving Rabbids", and Rayman 4 can be made alongside it.

DrLazy

I agree with this thread. The rabbids are awesome, now they just need a good game to go with it. Raving Rabids 2 sounds like a cash in (never played it.)

I know GAF hates minigames, but because the balance board is so new, a mini-game collection actually sounds pretty cool. ESPECIALLY WARIO WARE. Reggie, you listening?

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
LaneDS said:
What was his original idea?
Jaded Alyx said:
A platformer.
Yea, I remember there was an interview with one of the RRR team members where he said a platformer couldn't be done with wiimote controls. This was just a few days before Nintendo revealed Super Mario Galaxy at E3. I imagine the entire RRR team simultaneously shit themselves when they saw it.

Top Bottom