• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shift Up, the first Korean developer to formalize a publishing contract directly distributed and supported by Sony

119053_1700786158.jpg

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
ShiftUp today announced that it has signed a PlayStation™5 (PS5™) distribution agreement for Stellar Blade with Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), the maker of PlayStation branded products.

ShiftUp will work with SIE to bring the triple-A, epic console game to the PS5 console globally, including Korea, and the deal officially marks ShiftUp's first second-party partner with Sony in Korea.
Stellar Blade was first announced in 2019 under the Project: Eve moniker, with plans to take on the global console market as a AAA title.

In 2021, Stellar Blade was the only game featured in the official PlayStation Showcase to be released in a Korean dub, and it garnered a lot of attention in the U.S. media and online communities.

In 2022, the game was announced on PlayStation's State of Play with the official name "Stellar Blade" and a PS5 release date, raising expectations among users. The deal formalises ShiftUp as Sony's second party, bringing with it a proven development strength and success with Goddess of Victory: Nikkei, as well as a solid partnership.
In addition, Shift-Up's ability to create new IP through Stellar Blade has been highlighted.

ShiftUp's first title, "Destiny Child," was a huge hit, taking the top spot in both domestic markets, and its next title, "Goddess of Victory: Nikke," was released in November last year and was a huge hit globally, taking the top spot in both domestic markets, as well as #1 in Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and #3 in North America.

Gamers around the world are also looking forward to the success of ShiftUp's third title, Stellar Blade.

Stellar Blade's release date and details will be announced at a later date.

Last edited:
"triple-A masterpiece"? before reviews and actual consumer response?
Is this related to the AAAA class of games?
Even great games are no "masterpiece" imho, those are very very few. I'd rather have not yet released games marketing stay a bit more humble.

"triple-A masterpiece"? before reviews and actual consumer response?
Is this related to the AAAA class of games?
Even great games are no "masterpiece" imho, those are very very few. I'd rather have not yet released games marketing stay a bit more humble.
Google did a bad job at translating the article. I ran it again but through DeepL instead so it should read better now.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Was there a PC version announced? I didn't even know this.
So what does that mean? the PC version is canceled?

It was originally announced for PC, PS, and Xbox before Sony signed them.

According to Sony it’s a console exclusive now so probably PC day one.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
South Korea is a big market, so its a good tactical move by Sony to build its presence there. Positive socially too given the historical enmity between Korea and Japan, although that might be a sign of Playstation's increasing US-centric leadership.

Aenima

It was originally announced for PC, PS, and Xbox before Sony signed them.

According to Sony it’s a console exclusive now so probably PC day one.

Doubt it will reach PC day 1, as the CEO of ShiftUp bough a PS5 for every employee when they anounced the game for PS5 so they could play the game day 1. And since then SIE became the publisher.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It means is exclusive to a console, with possibility of a PC version. Just dont count with a PC version day 1.

Seems pretty clear to me. They never used the term console exclusive to promote FFXVI and we now know that’s coming to PC.

Top Bottom