• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
SwPeJZ8.jpg

Based Windows trying to save me from humiliation and frustration. Gonna try again.

Do you have any tips? I die on the second level (after the first teleporter). I just can't do enough damage. Should I be letting things spawn on the first level and grind more before moving on? Does money carry on from level to level?
Money doesnt carry over. Just try to find the exit as soon as possible. Then activate it while killing all monsters. After its activated and you are ready to go go search some chests and buy items. If you get the hang of the items you will have better runs. Do that on every run and you reach the end level in 20 minutes. There are alot of items to buy so make sure to buy alot. Facing the boss is the hardest part but at first try to survive until the last level.

Also jump alot to avoid the smaller monsters.

Shade

Thanks for this. I'll be sure to send you the bill when I inevitably put my mouse/controller through my monitor in frustration :)

Haha, you're welcome. I just about wanted to sacrifice my controller in Demon Souls, thought maybe it would help!

Sweet, I won. Thanks so much for Dark Souls Shade!

Enjoy!

Thank you good sir! Should i play Dark Souls now or wait till it gets patched?

You're welcome! I personally wouldn't wait, but as you can see, there is people on both sides of that fence.

louiedog

Some of these have been sitting in my spreadsheet for a little while, but they should all work.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Penny Arcade's On the RainSlick Precipice of Darkness 3 #2 -- MB-F93BB2900C07C28B - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.
Penny Arcade's On the RainSlick Precipice of Darkness 3 #3 -- MB-D70C408EF0591AD7 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
Bunch of Heroes -- MB-EFB44303FA123D3E - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-7BD177367AA1BF76 - Taken by Kaper. 7 entrants total.
Penny Arcade's On the RainSlick Precipice of Darkness 3 -- MB-302D36160051A0EE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Quantum Conundrum -- MB-F334E4D5D7082677 - Taken by Casimir. 3 entrants total.
Defense Grid: The Awakening -- MB-A699F8EE393A6A61 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.

t1398622461z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This piece of crap refuses to launch. Oh well, guess this is the point where I'm completely done with this franchise.

I just beat Ornstein & Smough. I just beat Ornstein & Smough. I JUST BEAT ORNSTEIN &SMOUGH!

Dark Souls is truly amazing. I must jump on that Dark Souls 2 wagon soon, but I think I need a bit of abstinence after finishing the first one, otherwise I'll go insane.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Daily Don't Starve 66% off

3 day deal? Huh.

The DLC launched with a four-week 20% discount, which expires in a few days, so I assume Klei decided to extend the game's Daily discount until then, too. That or Steam's just confused and thinks because one discount is ending in a few days then the same must be true of the others.

Caerith

I just beat Ornstein & Smough. I just beat Ornstein & Smough. I JUST BEAT ORNSTEIN &SMOUGH!

Dark Souls is truly amazing. I must jump on that Dark Souls 2 wagon soon, but I think I need a bit of abstinence after finishing the first one, otherwise I'll go insane.

Congrats! Most annoying part of the entire game right there.

Congrats! Most annoying part of the entire game right there.

I agree partly. Yes, having to fight them again and again (I think I fought them around ten times) was annoying. It was also annoying how difficult it was was to summon other players/Solaire because of the tough enemies in the room before the bosses. So I did it on my own.

But the fight itself was fun, I thought. Trying to control them, getting into a position where I could fight Ornstein alone for a few seconds. Amazing. And then the final act with superbadass Smough. All flasks empty, half of his health still remaining...And I did it.

I was literally shaking and screaming in triumph after the fight was over.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
God Damn that show was awesome. Well the first season anyway.
Cool thing the VHS "movie" which was just the first 3 episodes I think. Had a VCR board game inside of the case. Recall it being pretty fun but it's not like you can replay those sorts of games a lot.

Played a bit of VVVVVV got to this odd area and gave up. Music was kick ass though.

Don't give up

Finally caught up to the thread. Spent all day playing Dark Souls 2 with a friend in co-op. A vendor in Majula sells a ring for 5500 souls that makes co-op summoning of friends an almost 95% guarantee. And anyone who's still hung up on the downgrade should just look up a video of Heide's Tower of Flame for some great artwork and level design.

Also took Unmechanical from your giveaway Lain. Thank you!

I beat O&S on my first try because at the PS3 version's launch there was a laser shield that had a magic beam attack that scaled to the damage of your right hand weapon(which I had upgraded a ton) so I was doing 3000 damage per shield blast. Lol.

And damn Dark Soul 2's weird little platforming moments that are terrible.

Finally caught up to the thread. Spent all day playing Dark Souls 2 with a friend in co-op. A vendor in Majula sells a ring for 5500 souls that makes co-op summoning of friends an almost 95% guarantee. And anyone who's still hung up on the downgrade should just look up a video of Heide's Tower of Flame for some great artwork and level design.

Also took Unmechanical from your giveaway Lain. Thank you!

Heide's is either the first or second level in the game. You haven't seen the literal shit that some of the areas look like. The more beautiful areas make it stand out all the more.

Heide's is either the first or second level in the game. You haven't seen the literal shit that some of the areas look like. The more beautiful areas make it stand out all the more.

Yes I will concede it's only the second area. It looked breathtaking to me though. And the game is pure joy to play through. My point was that the downgrade shouldn't dissuade anyone from playing it.

Hmm playfire is not sync'ing my handful of achievements for the game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Looking through the older stuff on Greenlight is more depressing than I anticipated. So many games that haven't even been updated since they were first put up. Some of the games have their developers responding to posts in their game's comments, but the lack of communication for some of the titles on Greenlight is just dreadful.

Waku

Some Humble Leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-AE2A7CCA455B36B7 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-2D7BA5A5452716D3

t1398634073z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looking through the older stuff on Greenlight is more depressing than I anticipated. So many games that haven't even been updated since they were first put up. Some of the games have their developers responding to posts in their game's comments, but the lack of communication for some of the titles on Greenlight is just dreadful.

Here's the thought process:

greenlight00cam.jpg

3539wl.jpg

Sendou

So even after Trials Fusion launched the store page has no mention of Uplay DRM. This also means there is no 3rd party DRM alert provided by ES. At least I can't see anything like that. Apparently this "feature" is still in the game, yes?

Weird since the store page for Trials Evolution mentions it. Maybe Ubisoft realized nobody really wants it and decided they don't have to mention it anywhere. Pretty dodgy.

Another 2013-indie-game I wanted to play for a long time and it's now a Daily Deal on Steam. Bought. Now it's just Papers, Please and Gone Home left.

Haven't been keeping track on this years indie games, but I am looking forward to Hyper Light Drifter, Transistor and Below.

Another 2013-indie-game I wanted to play for a long time and it's now a Daily Deal on Steam. Bought. Now it's just Papers, Please and Gone Home left.

Haven't been keeping track on this years indie games, but I am looking forward to Hyper Light Drifter, Transistor and Below.

Hyper Light Drifter has been pushed back to early 2015.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, I lost my game in Civ V. I was so worried about the Uns (who were lead by an idiot. He didn't even try to attack the continent I was on, despide having an entire continent for himself) that I didn't pay attention to Hollands. I built the UN, and they won the vote because the had all the city-states in their pocket. And I was this close to a scientific victory.

Starting a new game is so awful, you can't do nothing. :(

Miguel81

Did anyone catch the Uplay deal the other day for Skyrim Legendary ($13)? I'm kicking myself because I was unaware they gave Steam keys.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Congrats, did you solo?

I did too! Although I was a White Phantom helping a brotha out. It still counts, holy shit huge Smough goes down fast. Surprised how many times I got summoned. A Brazilian guy messaged me and asked me if I was high, most likely because I failed all my parries on the silver knights due to the insane lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom