• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Hahaha don't worry dude it happens to the best of us. I almost got caught out installing a mod I stupidly downloaded of a site I wasn't exactly up on when I caught it trying to ask for permission to install mysearchbar or one of the other web search redirects.

I can't belive people still download trial software from cnet. Literally every package there has some form of malware. I don't even bother with java on Windows much these days since Oracle took over.

AHAH oh god Java! I'm struggling to resist not installing it, even tho sooner or later I'm gonna fall for it as one of the programs I use to work needs it to do some useful stuff. :(

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Has Modbot some problems at the moment?
I did send some other keys before these ones but never got an answer with the post code...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate (Desura) -- MB-14D9C456880B2E0B
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-02CAE1FE1647F7C2 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Evopollution (Desura) -- MB-EEAA29C73E99C93B
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night (Desura) -- MB-EDD8B3CB766160C0
ulgzbKC.png
Micron (Desura) -- MB-90A230EB26582D29

t1398871636z1.png

They missed a few of mine last week, playing Trainz 12, Euro Truck Sim 1 and Conquest of Champions for the first time and the lowest two valued Trainz ones. Really did not feel like stopping at 100 passenger stations for the 3rd one!

I haven't even bothered contacting them.

Pretty much my attitude. Getting credit for playing games is nice but I was going to be playing them anyway. If they miss some then it's hard to get annoyed about it.

Deques

Does the Playfire support still exist or did they give up and go home? Over eight days and no reply concerning some incorrectly registered achievements, maybe they should pause posting new rewards and sort things out first.

Just don't unlock the achievements on the same day as they expire. Their system doesn't really check when you unlock the achievements. It just registers that you got the achievement under a certain period when it scans

They missed a few of mine last week, playing Trainz 12, Euro Truck Sim 1 and Conquest of Champions for the first time and the lowest two valued Trainz ones. Really did not feel like stopping at 100 passenger stations for the 3rd one!

I haven't even bothered contacting them.
I haven't bothered either. Doesn't feel like I should put so much time for £0.25

Does the Playfire support still exist or did they give up and go home? Over eight days and no reply concerning some incorrectly registered achievements, maybe they should pause posting new rewards and sort things out first.

Either they're understaffed or they are overwhelmed with support requests, maybe this kind of issues is common and they cn't cope with it but they want to keep their momentum.

Speaking of which these days I have been having technical issues with several games on Steam and I have looked for support via email on official websites, I am under the impression that customers' support is quite lacking all around, at least as far as regards small developers.

Their system doesn't really check when you unlock the achievements. It just registers that you got the achievement under a certain period when it scans

Spot on, I have had the same impression, that's why now I try and get achievemets way before deadline.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Judging from how much activity Apotheon's app has seen over the past two weeks alone I'm guessing it's now content complete (or close to it) and Alien Trap is now in the process of implementing Steamworks features. According to the company's Facebook page, "early pre-orders" will receive beta access, which at this point can't be far off.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Pretty much my attitude. Getting credit for playing games is nice but I was going to be playing them anyway. If they miss some then it's hard to get annoyed about it.
Yep, I'm happy to get whatever I get. Not gonna go waste someone's time just to fix a couple achievements that didn't register even though they I got them before the deadline.

def sim

Playfire support finally responded to my ticket after seven days. They want me to send the specific rewards to be deposited. I've already fixed my delayed credit problem by purchasing the free EVE trial, so it's too late. I guess a purchase forces the process? It was a hot tip from this thread.

I have DS2 rewards from Monday that haven't been transferred over yet, but that's probably too soon. I'm just going to stop paying attention and use what I already have on Wolfenstein later this month. At least until they get their system running properly.

derExperte

Just don't unlock the achievements on the same day as they expire. Their system doesn't really check when you unlock the achievements. It just registers that you got the achievement under a certain period when it scans

I haven't bothered either. Doesn't feel like I should put so much time for £0.25

I know and usually try to do them with at least 24hrs left on the clock but I spontaneously decided to do a FEZ marathon and now together with another game it's over 2€ and that was enough to write to them.

Playfire support finally responded to my ticket after seven days. They want me to send the specific rewards to be deposited. I've already fixed my delayed credit problem by purchasing the free EVE trial, so it's too late. I guess a purchase forces the process? It was a hot tip from this thread.

I have DS2 rewards from Monday that haven't been transferred over yet, but that's probably too soon. I'm just going to stop paying attention and use what I already have on Wolfenstein later this month. At least until they get their system running properly.

My DS2 rewards from friday just showed up yesterday.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Took a chance and bought FM 2013 from them since it was cheap. I haven't received a key yet. Maybe it is a manual process to send the key

Yeah, just asked a friend who bought from them previously. They took over 24h to send his order.

_hekk05

Banned
Playfire support finally responded to my ticket after seven days. They want me to send the specific rewards to be deposited.

That implies that you didn't send those information when you first made the ticket. I have a feeling they tackle the tickets with complete information first.

All my DS2 rewards were tracked in the last days (giving me 6,70€, which means I paid less than 20€ for DS2. Nice), but I never got the one for linking my Steam account. Did anyone manage to get that retroactively? Also never got a reply to my ticket.

JaseC

A will of steel, a heart of stone, intelligence as sharp as a knife, and wisdom as deep as oblivion.

Eymerich is called upon to investigate an obscure case. Something that goes way beyond heresy, revealing a new face of Evil. He must tackle a great number of arduous tasks and make many painful choices. Terrible creatures await him, but with his burning determination he will overcome a Plague that is deadlier than his worst possible nightmare.

Play a remorseless character to live an original story inspired by the famous novel of Valerio Evangelisti.

25% off ($14.99) for the next week.

Also, Serious Sam Classics: Revolution has been added to what I assume is every Serious Sam Classic sub. Restart Steam if you're not seeing it.

fantomena

Everything works for me except the balance on Playfire doesn't update.

If they indeed were ivnestigating my account for SAM use, they should just stop the tracking though.

def sim

That implies that you didn't send those information when you first made the ticket. I have a feeling they tackle the tickets with complete information first.

I gave them my account details along with a screenshot of my rewards page. All of them were checked in, but have yet to be transferred to my GMG account. I don't think I could have given them anything more.

_hekk05

Banned
I gave them my account details along with a screenshot of my rewards page. All of them were checked in, but have yet to be transferred to my GMG account. I don't think I could have given them anything more.

If you read the guide they want to know specifically what rewards are missing. Just copy and paste some lines and give it to them.

Everything works for me except the balanc eon Playfire doesn't update.

If they indeed were ivnestigating my account for SAM use, they should just stop the tracking though.

When was the last time you logged into GMG? I went over a month without signing into my account and nothing was transferred from playfire in that time, then I logged into GMG and everything went through shortly thereafter.

def sim

If you read the guide they want to know specifically what rewards are missing. Just copy and paste some lines and give it to them.

I did read the guide. I don't think I'm making myself clear here, all the rewards are checked in and have been turned to cash. The problem is that it isn't transferring to my GMG account.

fantomena

When was the last time you logged into GMG? I went over a month without signing into my account and nothing was transferred from playfire in that time, then I logged into GMG and everything went through shortly thereafter.

Ive logged on every day the past week. So that can't be the problem.

_hekk05

Banned
I did read the guide. I don't think I'm making myself clear here, all the rewards are checked in and have been turned to cash. The problem is that it isn't transferring to my GMG account.

And if you read the guide, they want you to tell them specifically what rewards have not made it to GMG

eqljuo.png

even if the tick shows (though I suppose this is inferred)

def sim

And if you read the guide, they want you to tell them specifically what rewards have not made it to GMG

eqljuo.png

even if the tick shows (though I suppose this is inferred)

You should give me the benefit of the doubt here at some point. I did read the guide and I gave them the info needed. I played the game, the rewards were checked in all at once as far as I'm concerned, and my credits weren't transferred. I would have to guess which rewards didn't count. That's silly.

_hekk05

Banned
You should give me the benefit of the doubt here at some point. I did read the guide and I gave them the info needed. I played the game, the rewards were checked in all at once as far as I'm concerned, and my credits weren't transferred. I would have to guess which rewards didn't count. That's silly.

You could just say what achievements you recently unlocked I guess?

My point is, it seems as though those who put more complete info into their tickets seem to have faster responses.

JaseC

Serious Sam Revolution now has a store page of its own. It's half off for the next week ($4.99) and also included are the original versions of The First Encounter and The Second Encounter, which makes it a good buy if you have neither.

Not mine. I don't own the serious Sam Classic versions, though, only the HD versions (along with everything else Sam-related).

Oh yeah, before the thread dies - Chaos Engine remake for £1.75 on GMG. Yay or Nay?

Ah, in that case it may have just been added to all the Classic subs.

aku:jiki

Oh yeah, before the thread dies - Chaos Engine remake for £1.75 on GMG. Can buy with GMG creds. Yay or Nay?
It's not a remake, it's just the old game emulated or very faithfully reconstructed. It was badass when it came out but I don't quite see a reason to play it in 2014; there are so many cooler and better top-down character action games. Like Hotline Miami 2!

Deques

Not mine. I don't own the serious Sam Classic versions, though, only the HD versions (along with everything else Sam-related).

Oh yeah, before the thread dies - Chaos Engine remake for £1.75 on GMG. Can buy with GMG creds. Yay or Nay?

It has been in a bundle, so it probably will be bundled again

Dambrosi

Banned
It's Chaos Engine, almost to the letter.
Did you enjoy the original?
I never played the original, I just remember it looking badass when I saw the Amiga version running. But I could never afford an Amiga, so there you go.

It's not a remake, it's just the old game emulated or very faithfully reconstructed. It was badass when it came out but I don't quite see a reason to play it in 2014; there are so many cooler and better top-down character action games. Like Hotline Miami 2!
Yeah, but when is HM2 coming out? Soon enough for me to give this a miss and save up my creds to buy it?

It has been in a bundle, so it probably will be bundled again
Oh, has it now? That settles it then, no buy until bundled.

JaseC

I own Serious Sam HD (1 and 2) plus BFE, Random Encounter, and yet I don't see it

The original games are the ones you need to own in order to receive it for free.

Edit: Speaking of Sam, the Complete Pack is now 75% off ($23.75). You receive gift copies of games you already own so you may be able to split the cost with someone.

Yeah, but when is HM2 coming out? Soon enough for me to give this a miss and save up my creds to buy it?

Some time in Q3.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Serious Sam Revolution now has a store page of its own. It's half off for the next week ($4.99) and also included are the original versions of The First Encounter and The Second Encounter, which makes it a good buy if you have neither.

Whoa. Did they replace one of the dozen sand levels with a fucking snow level?

Revolution indeed!

I have to say I'm starting to like Dark Souls 2, even though the game is very frustrating at times.

Took a lot less time for DS2 to click with me than DS1. Even still, there are times where you just have to get up and walk away for a bit. I'm looking at you (boss)
Ruin Sentinels

JaseC

From a couple of months ago:

This is going to sound very strange, and I'm not going to be able to explain at the moment, but if anyone sees the Oil Blue go up on Steam please PM me IMMEDIATELY.

This isn't a problem with Valve/Steam or anything like that. Some prior dealings with a publisher. That's all I can say. Thanks y'all!

edit: and please keep this within this thread, thanks. :)

Looks like your concerns were well-founded, chubigans:

Changed name Steam Sub 38558 › Oil Blue for Beta Testing 9 minutes ago

The sub itself actually contains Mashed, though, so while Strategy First was obviously planning to release your game without consent it did have a change of heart!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Morningbus must be so happy right now! The guy surely loves his Serious Scam.

Seriously now (pun not totally unintended), what's new with the Revolution game? And what's new with Classics: Revolution? Can't access the Steam store, so I can't check it myself.

Whoa. Did they replace one of the dozen sand levels with a fucking snow level?

Revolution indeed!
The Second Encounter always had a snow/ice level. Or at least it did when I played the HD version on co-op with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom