• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in May - Watch Backlogs

edit: Just bumped the following to the top, because I want to finally be DONE with Gamecube games, so I can transfer my Wii crap to a Wii U and have one less component-based console

Baten Kaitos

Baten Kaitos: Origins

F-Zero GX (is it possible to "beat" racers, I always change my mind on that. Maybe when I unlock everyone or something)

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Viewtiful Joe Just started over again on "Kid", because "Adult" was wayyyy too hard. But Kid is wayyyy too easy. This thing needs like a Teenager mode.

After these six games are done, I can consider myself done with the Gamecube. Unless someone wants to give me the cash for Skies of Arcadia Legends, but I'm actually banking on an HD version of that eventually.

mclem

Borderlands: As I mentioned right at the end of the previous thread, I completed the main game just a few minutes into May. Still playing the DLC (which, I have to admit, has been handled very well.) I'd say I'm maybe a third of the way through Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, so the ending should be in sight.
Although I am half-tempted by a second playthrough...
Bravely Default: Yes, still. On Chapter 6. Oddly, it's not really me slowing down because I'm tired of the game as getting distracted during my commutes and pursuing other things rather than pushing forwards. Maybe this month I'll finish it!
NES Remix 2: The pace of this one will likely be a little odd - towards the end of the first game I got into a habit of having the periods I play it dictated by whichever game has the x2 bonus on a given day.
Super Mario Kart: A bit of getting reacquainted, and a bit of enjoying it at 60Hz at long last. Not quite sure what benchmark to set for 'completion'. Back in the day, I don't recall if I ever managed to unlock 150cc of my own accord or if my Mum - better at the game than me - happened to do it. That, at least, is my first goal. This one's set up for occasional plugging away at it, rather than concerted attempts to finish it.

What else? I ought to continue my Tex Murphy series playthrough in the buildup to Tesla Effect. I've a nagging feeling I ought to play *something* Nintendo WiFi Connection before it goes away, and at the moment I'm not quite sure what to aim for as my next big game.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Punch-Out!! (Wii)
Devil May Cry HD
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD
Pokemon Yellow

Already one down, and the other five are all somewhat on the go. I'd be able to finish them all this month if I don't start anything else (good joke I know).

DryvBy

-Postal 2: Steam Edition - I've beaten the game before, I just wanted offensive achievements to unlock. I'm almost done already too.
-Wolfenstein: The New Order - I know I'll beat it because I love the series. This will be done the first week.
-Assassin's Creed IV - I've had it since launch and love it, but I keep playing other things and ignoring it. I need to focus on the story and then do the side things.

Metal Gear Rising: Enjoyed it, but never felt like I mastered it to a satisfying degree and just kind of stumbled through it. Might go back.

Vanquish: Don't know how many times i've tried to get through this just to quit for no good reason.
Last time I got half-way through before realizing I was playing on Casual and It just sucked away any previous satisfaction I had felt.

For a third game I'm not sure...
I'm playing Ni No Kuni, but reading impressions beforehand, I bought it more or less expecting to quit half-way through and be fine with it.

finished my rookie season in nba 2k14, won the nba finals

that counts as finished for me because they took out the "play next key game" option and hell no i'm not about to play 900 more games to finish the career

trying to finish danganronpa, on the final chapter now

will probably do child of light afterwards

I didn't get very far last month, unfortunately. So here's a slightly revised list for this month...

My list:
  • CoD:Ghosts (PS4) - Nightfall Trophies
  • South Park TSoT (360)
  • Ratchet & Clank 1 (PS3)
  • Fallout New Vegas (360) - Might complete this month
  • Halo Wars (360)
  • Titanfall (360) - Doubtful I'll complete this month, just enjoying and progressing

Raxus

Man, haven't touched my backlog I was planning to finish

Zone of Enders completed

Starting ZoE2 HD and almost finished Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls (Nightmare difficulty)

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty
Corpse Party
Project Diva F

Just beat the campaign after owning the game since the day it was released. Played the multiplayer a lot, though as my friends moved away from it so did I.

The campaign itself was pretty good all things considered. There was a decent variety of missions, and I didn't mind the little interaction with the characters in between missions. I own Heart of the Swarm so sooner rather than later I will work through that as well.

Project Diva F is moving along and I should easily have that "finish" sooner rather than later. I started Corpse Party the other day and I think I'll finish it this weekend if each of the chapters are similar in length.

Figured I should play The Witcher 2 because I've been planning to for a while.

I love Geralt as a character and the world is great and the story seems interesting so far, but what the shitting fuck is this incomprehensible combat system.

I have finished two short games so far this month and one longer one.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch
The Shivah (very good, figuring out fairly realistic ways of getting information was fun)
Atelier Ayesha (my first impressions at release were negative since I was playing it like earlier games, where quests for random people were more important, now I like it a lot more)

Also I've been playing Shadow of the Colossus and progressed from fighting colossus 5 (old save) to fighting number 12.

Now maybe I'll be strategic and play longer games for the rest of the month so I could finish them next month. :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
  1. Dark Souls: Prepare to die (PC)
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to die (PC)
  3. Dark Souls: Prepare to die (PC)

~50 hours in

Whatyearisit?.jpg

marcincz

Finished Guacamelee, yesterday. It took me almost 9 hours. I hadn't idea this game is so tough. Especially some platform elements and boss fight with
Javier Jaguar
. I beat him after 1,5 h. Final boss was much simpler.
I started Bioshock Infinite and fall in love in this world. Game looks incredible, sounds is impossible and I believe it will be great game.

My list:

PS3:

Guacamelee
Bioshock Infinite
Burial at Sea p.1
Burial at Sea p.2

Currently playing:
Bioshock Infinite

mclem

Borderlands: Finished! Thoroughly enjoyed that, a bit more than I was expecting to (I'm normally one to get bored with FPSes unless they hold my interest, and this managed to do so).
The Stanley Parable: Started on a whim as a palate-cleanser. I already feel like I've pretty much exhausted the game, but I had a lot of fun in the process.
The Pandora Directive: Maybe. I've installed it, anyway. Not quite sure I'm in the frame of mind for more Tex after UAKM, but I do want to experience Tesla Effect while it's at least vaguely fresh, and I've got a lot of catching up to do first!
Bravely Default
NES Remix 2
Super Mario Kart

Yuterald

PSone: (courtesy of MonkeyPaw's awesome import selection on PSN)
The Fireman 2: Pete & Danny
Hyper Crazy Climber
Wolf Fang
Lucifer's Ring

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island
Kirby: Triple Deluxe

PS3:
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures
South Park & The Stick of Truth

PS4:
Child of Light

Sega Saturn:
Astal

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX

Just finished Yoshi's New Island. I still have two stages to complete all objectives in before I'm 100% done with it though. My stance on the game is no different than what I thought of it a few weeks back. It's a competent, familiar platformer that's way better than its DS brother, but pales in comparison to its SNES counterpart. Gotta get back to Kirby now which is a 1000x more interesting/fun/exciting.

WiiU: Splinter Cell Blacklist
Finished SC:B, really fun stealth game, lots of different pathways to take, enjoyed it a lot.
PC: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PS3: No More Heroes

Out of all three, I think I'm going to have the most difficult with No More Heroes, I only just finished the Shinobu fight and man that was tough! It took me an hour just to defeat her, and I'm not even at the half way point, I want to finish it but man I'm afraid of how long I'll die to the next assassin on the list!

Beat NES Remix 2 tonight. I'm in World 5 of Kirby, so I'll be finishing it this weekend or next. Been playing Guild Wars 2 and Dark Souls 2 between my target games.

• Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Child of Light
BONUS:

• NES Remix 2

mr_toa

- The Shadow Sun (IOS)
- République, EP02 (IOS)
- Beyond Space (IOS)

Enjoyed EP02 quite the bit. A very good take on the stealth genre, that plays well on the possibilities on tablets. Looking forward to EP03.

Malyse

Considering I'm average 9 hours a sitting in Saints Row IV, I think that will be one. I'm going to shoot for Powerpuff Girls and Senran Kagura as well.

Figured I should play The Witcher 2 because I've been planning to for a while.

I love Geralt as a character and the world is great and the story seems interesting so far, but what the shitting fuck is this incomprehensible combat system.

I own both because cheap ass sale plus incessant hype from all quarters and I think they are unplayably awful. TBH, I find myself better served reading the books.

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Corpse Party
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
Project Diva F

Finished Corpse party up today, was ok, which is good because I already have the sequel haha. It only took me till chapter 2 to realize I should have multiple saves. Having to basically replay all of chapter 2 kind of sucked since the game doesn't have a skip dialog/fast forward option.

That and I played the game for about 20 minutes without headphones, and I don't recommend it. Everybody who told me that the audio is done well in the game is correct.

I own both because cheap ass sale plus incessant hype from all quarters and I think they are unplayably awful. TBH, I find myself better served reading the books.

Have they actually translated all the books yet?

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Corpse Party
Project Diva F

Was very surprised how short the campaign for Chaos Rising was. Steam has me clocked in at 6 hours, and I believe I did every optional mission. I probably should have played at the hardest difficulty (played 1 under it), and I became pretty invincible once I got levels/gear under my units.

The game itself was very enjoyable. I knew what to expect going in, although I think the original Dawn of War's campaign last longer than this one. Sooner rather than later I will move onto Dawn of War 2: Retribution. Sad thing (I guess?) is that I have already put more hours into Retribution than I have both the other games combine. All time spent on it was multiplayer with some friend who talked me into buying it day 1.

I'd be surprised if I don't finish up Project Diva F before the weekend. I've been putting time into Dragon's Crown, but I do not know which game I will focus on finishing next.

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Yay. I was patiently waiting for the May thread lol.

Already off to a good start

Completed
Sniper Elite V2 Got the Plat Trophy = )
Had a lot of fun with this game. Makes it even better with co op. Definitely cant wait for SE3!

Castle of Illusion(Remake)
After playing the original I jumped right into the remake and thought it was wonderful. Love how the stages looked especially The Library and the Candy Land. Definitely a game I will replay a few more times down the line.

Infamous Second Son
What can I say about this game? Nothing really good other than it looks amazing visually. I was really disappointed with the story, powers and characters. Nothing was memorable or exciting. Only reason I would recommend this game to anyone is for the easy platinum.

Killzone: Shadow Fall
Game was okay but all the carrying those canisters around during the last few stages was annoying. Enjoyed chapter 9 and 10 though.

Yuterald

Adjusting my list...

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island

PS3:

X1:
Super Time Force

Wii U:
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX
Kero Blaster

Just finished Kero Blaster tonight. One of my favorite games all year. Loved nearly everything about it. Considering jumping into the hard more new game+. Really great stuff.

J3ffro

Already taken one down, and while its not your typical game you "beat", I hit level 50 and unlocked everything - I'm done.

1. Lumines Electronic Symphony Vita
2. Catherine PS3
3. Uncharted 3 PS3

I may sub in Whistleblower DLC for Outlast, or Arkham City, or finally Tomb Raider DE. I'm sure with it launching on the 27th I won't be finishing Watch Dogs, that'll be next month. Maybe Transistor though.

Catherine kinda fell in my lap for a limited time, so I figured why not. It's a weird game, but wrapped it up last night. Now to get deeper into Uncharted 3, I played (and loved) the first four or five chapters, most fun I've had with the series so far.

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Corpse Party
Noitu Love 2 Devotion
Project Diva F

Noitu was very short, but just enough varied content to keep me interested all the way through. Music was hit or miss for me, though I did really like level 3's music. Not much else to say about the game. Even though it only took me 1 and a half hours to 2 hours to beat the asking price for the game is very fair, specially when on sale.

My biggest take away from the game is that I suck trying to wall jump into air kick. I felt so dumb trying to do those over and over again.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Kirby: Triple Deluxe : Finished it last night. Some of the later levels were really creative.

Yuterald

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island

PS3:

X1:
Super Time Force

Wii U:

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX
Kero Blaster
Bastion

Just booted up Bastion after a year-long break/drop and completed it this afternoon for the first time. Pretty cool game. I dig the gameplay and a lot of the mechanics (it's cool that there's perfect guards and the weapon training challenges are neat), but there's something about it that didn't quite click with me. I should probably replay it on the new game+ and focus on it at some point as I really had no idea what was going on in the story/narrative, but I enjoyed the core game enough to power through it. I'm picking up their new game, Transistor, on PS4 this Tuesday because it looks pretty cool too. Hopefully, I don't drop it for a year like I did with this one, hah!

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Corpse Party
Noitu Love 2 Devotion
Project Diva F
Dawn of War 2: Retribution
Batman Arkham Asylum

Finished off Project Diva F and DoW2: Ret.

DoW2 was a nice evolution from Chaos Rising. I really liked being able to play multiple campaigns from different races, even though that resulted in shorter campaigns overall. Being able to summon regular ground units to go along with your heroes was a nice touch as well. Other than that, I recommend playing it on a higher difficulty. It becomes too easy otherwise, specially if you decide to do all the optional missions.

Diva F was a slow burner for me. I played a few songs a night before I went to bed and I finally reached "the end", for me at least. Got all the trophies I was interested in getting (no interest in leveling up friendship portion of the game), and played my favorite songs to death. Now all that is left is waiting for Diva F 2, and go back to playing DJMax. I do have to say I preferred the controls in Diva F to DJMax.

I am now moving on to Batman. I figure it is time I finally give this series a go.

Yuterald

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island

PS3:

X1:
Super Time Force

Wii U:

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX
Cave Story+
Kero Blaster
Bastion

Finished Kirby this morning. One of the best games I've played all year. Rivals Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in some ways for me, as far as Nintendo platformers go. So unbelievably refined and polished. The final stage was so good and the final boss battles were incredible.

Started Cave Story over this afternoon. Added it to my list as I have a feeling I'll definitely clear it for the first time this month. Really enjoying it after coming of off Kero Blaster.

Bracket

I very rarely finish games. But I'm going to try to do get at least one done this month. Hopefully posting it on the internet will help me keep to it.

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns - grew up on the trilogy, and it's about time I complete this after several years of owning it. My main game to complete.

2. Fallout: New Vegas (PC) - definitely not going to finish, but I want to make some serious progress this month. One of my favorite games that I've never gotten far in before starting over (same with Demon Souls).

3. Star Wars - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - going to try and at least start this.

Honorable Mentions:
a. Alpha Protocol - most likely a candidate for June
b. Dishonored - close to the end I think. I like the game, but for whatever reason I haven't had the motivation to finish it.

**SoIaF: Storm of Swords - I know it's not a game, but it's in my backlog, so what the hell. Gotta finish it, so I can watch the third season and not have to hide from spoilers.

Aru

PC:
- Batman Arkham Origins
- FEZ

Vita:
- Thomas Was Alone
- Velocity Ultra (I almost catched up with my Velocity Ps MiniS playthrough)

PS1 (on Vita):
- Parasite Eve

3 should be easy enough this month, given almost all those games can be beaten under 10 hours (outside of AO).
Thomas Was Alone is kinda mediocre but it's relaxing, so I'm playing it from time to time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Shin Megami Tensei (iOS)
Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
Shantae (3DS VC/GBC)

I've already beaten three this month, so everything else is just extra. Another three I plan on going after before this month ends:

Breath of Fire goddammit I'm finishing this game this month
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Bastion

Umm...I'll add Dragon Warrior/Quest to the list.

I beat those three too. Right now I'm focusing on Playfire money, mainly. I don't think I'll finish Dragon Warrior this month, so I'm pushing it back to next month.

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Corpse Party
Noitu Love 2 Devotion
Project Diva F
Dawn of War 2: Retribution
Batman Arkham Asylum
Ravenmark
Dragon's Crown

Finished off Batman Arkham Asylum. I am not a big super hero guy, in fact growing up X-men was the only comic/series I had any interest in.

That being said, it was a pretty good game. I usually don't like back tracking in my games, but I thought it was handled well here. The melee fighting was fun, other than trying to dodge Titans and inside of dodging wide you jump over a nearby minion and still get charged. Boss fights were varied and I'm glad there were only a few dual Titan fights, because I hated those.

I own the sequel,
thanks Steam sales,
and I look forward to playing it "eventually".

As of right now I am still making progress on Dragon's Crown and I have almost finished Ravenmark which is one of the few ios games I like outside of card games.

Baus

Making some real progress this month!

1) Yoshi's New Island - 3DS - Pretty bland. As for now I have no plans to replay/try and get 100%.

2) Trials 2 - Second Edition - PC - Couldn't finish a couple of hard tracks because they're pretty much impossible.

3) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - 3DS - Bought this when it first came out on the Eshop, and finally decided to beat it. It's a weird game, but pretty fun nonetheless.

4) Grand Theft Auto 5 - 360 - One of the best games I've ever played. Definitely going to be going back to this game constantly until I get 100%. My GOTY (even though it came out last year).

5) Bastion - PC - My PC backlog is huge and I'm slowly going down my list. Bastion was a lot of fun, and I can definitely see myself replaying it as it is fairly short.

With about a week left I can definitely squeeze in another game or two. I'm thinking either A Link to The Past or Super Mario 3D World. Might also start Kid Icarus: Uprising on the 3DS.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I'm doing horribly this month AND i'm away for a few days this bank holiday as well. Gonna rush em when I get back on tuesday.

Good to hear everyone's doing better though :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Brothers: Two Sons - Was sitting in my backlog for a few months and I just had to finish the final 15 minutes. An emotional experience with a very powerful finale. Nothing to write home about gameplay wise but it should be experienced at least once for the storytelling.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 - Should finish it tonight. Judging by the trophy list, I'm almost 80-90% done. Core gameplay is pretty enjoyable although some sections drag out.

After not beating a single game last month, it feels nice to make some progress and clear the backlog. Even sank 10 hours into SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Missed this but I guess I can still participate?

South Park: The Stick of Truth (Xbox 360) - 10th May - Great game, missed 4 achievements though >.<
Thief (Xbox One) - 20th May
Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
Super Time Force (Xbox One)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One)

Wont finish them all, Halo 4 is the one I'm closest to by far, I will step up my game in the coming days!

And Child of Light is done. First time in a few months that I finished all my initial targeted games.

• Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Child of Light
BONUS:

• NES Remix 2
  • Rogue Legacy

Roflobear

Haven't taken part in these threads in a while but I just beat Ryse: Son of Rome today, which was actually a lot of fun despite the low expectations I had going in

Also I got to the max level in Titanfall a couple of days ago so I guess I'll consider that another game beaten this month

Not sure if I'll have a third one yet

My list of possibilities for May:
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom's Cry
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
  • Child of Light
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Final Fantasy X HD
  • Kingdom Hearts (hard)
  • Saints Row IV
  • The Witcher 2

Three done and now I'm playing Skyrim, so there's absolutely no chance I'll get another game done this month. Hell, I'll probably only get one game done next month, if that.

Top Bottom