• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in May - Watch Backlogs

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
The challenge is simple, complete three games in May. They can be games you started in April 2014, or November 1997, it doesn't matter, just get them done by June.

Tools:

Backloggery
How Long to Beat
GAF Backlog Blitz Thread

Past Threads (2014):

Three in April - Mo' Games Mo' Problems
Three in March - Three in March - The Backlog of Truth
Four in February - A Backlog Reborn
Three in January - New Year, new games from the Steam sale

My List:

Bravely Default (3DS) - I've had it since it launch and i'm thirty hours in. Got past a difficult side boss this week after picking it up recently and ready to go again.

Guacamelee! (PS3) - Started playing co-op with the GF months ago, but moving house has seen it abandoned and controls forgotten- time to blast through it!

Donkey Kong Country (Wii) - All the recent Tropical Freeze hype has gotten me and I really need to go back and finish this. I remember not liking the waggle controls but colourful 2D platformers are totally my bag.

Other Possibilities - The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS3) The Stanley Parable (PC), The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

OP credit to Grief.exe

aechris

ZoE (at least the first one)
Asura's Wrath DLC (for real finish)
Killer is Dead

[May 19] Still haven't touched any of these. Beat a few others though!
[May 24] Finished finished Asura's Wrath. I really love this game. I understand the divisiveness, but wow. It's so cool. I likely (most certainly) won't even play my other two backlogged games.

• Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
  • The Last of Us: Left Behind
  • Dead Rising 3

All will be fresh runs. Now just need to tear myself away from Titanfall enough to finish those games.

Other possibilities:

• Rayman: Origin (Vita)- About halfway through
  • Limbo (Vita)
  • Dead Nation (PS4 or Vita)
  • Batman: Arkham City (360)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (on the last case!)
Max Payne 3
Child of Light

Other choices

Dark Souls II
Hitman Absolution
Fable Anniversary

Dr. Buni

Cool thread.

Dark Souls II
Batman Arkham Asylum
Cave Story+

Maybe Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door as well... I lost the interest and stopped playing in Chapter 5. Such a boring chapter. I should get around and finish it already.

Yuterald

Going hard this month (taking a few spill-overs from last month that I couldn't finish):

PSone: (courtesy of MonkeyPaw's awesome import selection on PSN)
The Fireman 2: Pete & Danny
Hyper Crazy Climber
Wolf Fang
Lucifer's Ring

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island
Kirby: Triple Deluxe

PS3:
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures
South Park & The Stick of Truth

PS4:
Child of Light

Sega Saturn:
Astal

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX

I'll probably add more as a lot of these games are small fry's.

illusionary

Child of Light
Stick It To The Man
and as that last one should be quick: Final Fantasy X

I might get Yoshi's New Island done as well.

fedexpeon

Banned
Conception 2
Demon Gaze
Atelier Escha/Log
Child of Light

Yeah...Don't think I am going to finish 1/2 of these.
I will try so I can play some of the new May games.

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Project Diva F

I got a good start on this month already so I am looking to put more than 3 away this month.

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Yay. I was patiently waiting for the May thread lol.

Already off to a good start

Completed
Sniper Elite V2 Got the Plat Trophy = )
Had a lot of fun with this game. Makes it even better with co op. Definitely cant wait for SE3!

Castle of Illusion(Remake)
After playing the original I jumped right into the remake and thought it was wonderful. Love how the stages looked especially The Library and the Candy Land. Definitely a game I will replay a few more times down the line.

Currently trying to decide whats next.
Beyond Two Souls/Time and Eternity/Dragons Crown/Skyrim/Dragon Age Origins/Dues Ex Human Revolution

Gonna challenge myself this month:

Batman Arkham Origins (hoping to beat it this weekend)
Kirby Triple Deluxe (haven't started)
Witcher 1 (just got to ch. 3)
Heavenly Sword

Bonus:
Zone of the Enders 1 - just picked it up during that PSN sale last week =)

My buddy has been giving me a lot of grief for not having played the Witcher games yet. Hopefully I can finish the first one this month.

Yay. I was patiently waiting for the May thread lol.

Already off to a good start

Completed
Sniper Elite V2 Got the Plat Trophy = )
Had a lot of fun with this game. Makes it even better with co op. Definitely cant wait for SE3!

Castle of Illusion(Remake)
After playing the original I jumped right into the remake and thought it was wonderful. Love how the stages looked especially The Library and the Candy Land. Definitely a game I will replay a few more times down the line.

Currently trying to decide whats next.
Beyond Two Souls/Time and Eternity/Dragons Crown/Skyrim/Dragon Age Origins/Dues Ex Human Revolution

I'd recommend Beyond Two Souls. It's likely the shortest game on your list (not sure about Time and Eternity) and personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Granted I set my expectations correctly so I knew exactly what I was going into.

Raxus

Next month will be WiiU month for me.

For this month?

Tales of Xilla
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Dark Souls 2
Puppeteer
Last of Us

I can finish 3 of those perhaps

Chipping away at:
Fire Emblem
Pokemon X
???

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Going hard this month (taking a few spill-overs from last month that I couldn't finish):

Hyper Crazy Climber
Wolf Fang
Lucifer's Ring

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island

PS3:

PS4:
Child of Light

Sega Saturn:
Astal

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX

I'll probably add more as a lot of these games are small fry's.

I'd recommend Beyond Two Souls. It's likely the shortest game on your list (not sure about Time and Eternity) and personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Granted I set my expectations correctly so I knew exactly what I was going into.

Yeah the short factor is getting me. Im pretty sure Ill enjoy it. I always keep my expectations low now a days. Definitely will be starting it tonight. Hope I can plat it as well.

Tohsaka

Demon Gaze
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Drakengard 3
Watch_Dogs
Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi
Bound by Flame

Ideally there will be more, but I'm going to just list the ones I'm confident I'll beat this month for now.

Didn't get a chance to complete any games last month. Playing through these at the moment:

Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Tales of Symphonia
Soul Hackers
Project X Zone

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Demon Gaze
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Drakengard 3
Watch_Dogs
Hakuoki Stories of the Shinsengumi
Bound by Flame

Ideally there will be more, but I'm going to just list the ones I'm confident I'll beat this month for now.

Let me know how Drakengard 3 and Bound by Flame are pleaseeeeeee.

Beat my first game this morning; trying to make it an easy month, since work is picking up and I've also been playing Guild Wars 2.

• Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Child of Light

Two months in a row I missed the goal. Here's hoping I can end this streak.

Finished

Darksiders II
LEGO Batman 2

To beat

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm working on No more heroes 2 at the moment. Thinking about finishing vanquish, not sure what the rest will be.

Onislash

Star Ocean: Second Evolution
The Guided Fate Paradox
Soul Sacrifice

Bonus or If I want to switch

Armoured Core V: Victory Day
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ar Tonelico: Knell of Ar Ciel

kunonabi

NES Remix - finished with all stamps and Rainbow stars

Bravely Default - just started ch. 2

Pokemon Y

That's all for my English backlog. I'm going to be broke for the foreseeable future as I'm job hunting and need to pay my student loans so I'll be working through my gigantic import backlog I've stockpiled.

Mdesilva

Shin Megami Tensei IV- about to fight
Kenji
Borderlands 2- just about time for the final showdown, but never got around to beating it
Danganronpa PLATINUM trophy- I just gotta get around to this already, lol

My list of possibilities for May:
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom's Cry
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
  • Child of Light
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Final Fantasy X HD
  • Kingdom Hearts (hard)
  • Saints Row IV
  • The Witcher 2

Currently playing through Saints Row, having finished almost all of the main story missions and now I'm tackling all the side missions before I finish it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Shin Megami Tensei (iOS)
Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
Shantae (3DS VC/GBC)

I've already beaten three this month, so everything else is just extra. Another three I plan on going after before this month ends:

Breath of Fire goddammit I'm finishing this game this month
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Bastion

Umm...I'll add Dragon Warrior/Quest to the list.

J3ffro

Already taken one down, and while its not your typical game you "beat", I hit level 50 and unlocked everything - I'm done.

1. Lumines Electronic Symphony Vita
2. Catherine PS3
3. Uncharted 3 PS3

I may sub in Whistleblower DLC for Outlast, or Arkham City, or finally Tomb Raider DE. I'm sure with it launching on the 27th I won't be finishing Watch Dogs, that'll be next month. Maybe Transistor though.

StAidan

Currently working my way through two games, I'll add another after I finish one of them:

- Waking Mars (I think I'm nearly done)
- Half-Life (yeah, still. I think this is the 3rd month I'm still playing it?)

Fractal

Banned
Alright...
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines (almost done, started in late April)
Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance
Enslaved:An Odyssey to the West

Tapejara

My PS3's disc drive broke, so I'm pretty much stuck with digital games. Sucks, because most of my backlog is physical PS3 games, but whatever. Think I'm gonna do:

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)
Master Reboot (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD (PS3)

Baus

Failed the last two months by one game each month. This month is going to be a different story with school being out for summer!

1) Yoshi's New Island - 3DS - About done the main story. Won't be going back and getting 100% for a while or possibly never just because it's pretty annoying/hard to 100% every level.

2) Trials 2 - Second Edition - PC - I love trials, and I also hate trials. That is all.

3) Grand Theft Auto 5 - 360 - Finally picked this up on sale recently. Can't wait to dive in the main story and enjoy playing online with some friends.

Bonus:
Super Mario 3D World - WiiU
Bastion - PC
A Link To The Past - Wii VC

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
1) Yoshi's New Island - 3DS - About done the main story. Won't be going back and getting 100% for a while or possibly never just because it's pretty annoying/hard to 100% every level.

Or maybe the game is just soulless and boring as fuck. Don't know if its because I bought it right after Tropical Freeze but I traded it in for Kirby: Triple Deluxe and never looked back. Speaking of which, that's one game I'll be finishing for sure this month.

I only beat two last month, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

This month, I'll try to beat:

Streets of Rage
Radiant Historia
God of War: Chains of Olympus

mr_toa

Great, let see what's in store this month:

- The Shadow Sun (IOS)
- République, EP02 (IOS)
- Beyond Space (IOS)

Think that's a good variety between twitch gaming and more deliberate and relaxed games this month. Think I'll toss in some time with Mutant Mudds, or some of the other platformers I've got in my IOS backlog.

This month, I'll try to beat:

Streets of Rage
Radiant Historia
God of War: Chains of Olympus

Chains of Olympus is brilliant! Ready at Dawn did a fantastic job on the original PSP release .. enjoy :)

Ibuki

Banned
Child of Light
Infamous Second Son
Nier

If I have enough time:
Drakengard 3
Wolfenstein the New Order
Transistor

kevin1025

Banned
Another big month for me. I'm aiming for:

To The Moon (PC)
F.E.A.R. 3 (PC)
Child of Light (PS4)
The Walking Dead: Season Two (PC)
The Wolf Among Us (PC)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Patapon (PSP)

I'm getting a Vita on Tuesday, so I'll be tackling the last two on there. I'm over halfway through FEAR 3, and To The Moon is a very short game so that will be done in no time. Watch Dogs I won't put on the list since it's going to be a bigger game, but that's how I'll be closing out the end of the month I imagine. I might add a game here and there, since all of them are either short or the entire season isn't out yet.

Minimum 3 of the below:

-MGS Peace Walker
-MGS Ground Zeroes
-Batman AO
-Metro 2033
-P4G

Something needs to happen before Watch_dogs

SeanNoonan

For me, finishing Half-Life 2 (started forever ago) and the two episodes.

After that I'll be finishing off Uncharted 3 (started forever ago) and hopefully I'll get a chance to play through Gears of War Judgement.

All relatively short games, right?

I've only been able to beat two games a month this year. I wot stop trying for three though.

Super Mario RPG - I just got Geno and when I took a look at the Table of Contents for a guide to judge my progress it looks like I'm 13/30 areas in. Dunno if that really means I'm almost halfway done though. It's a nice game but I get really bored playing it. I would have loved it as a kid but right now it's just too easy for me. The humor seems less tryhard than the M&L RPGs so there's that. This game was a gift from someone so I'm compelled to finish it.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - Still in shrink wrap. I'm waiting to finish Super Mario RPG before I play this.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle - I won't be able to start this until May 24th because it's at my parents' home.

This should look familiar...

Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy XIV Main Quest
Fear Effect

Final Fantasy X HD should be finished early this week, if not today. Since FF XIV is going to suck up a lot of time, I decided to throw in a short Fear Effect to round out the month until Watch Dogs and Mario Kart.

Dysun

Skyrim - Dragonborn
Resident Evil Revelations
Zelda A Link Between Worlds
The Darkness II
Spider-Man Web of Shadows

Not sure which to play after wrapping up Skyrim in the next few days. These are on the short-list

Yuterald

Hyper Crazy Climber
Wolf Fang
Lucifer's Ring

3DS:
Yoshi's New Island

PS3:

PS4:
Child of Light

Sega Saturn:
Astal

PC/Steam:
Gunhound EX

Finished Ratchet on Hard this morning. The entire game was in one ear, out the other. Totally forgettable Ratchet experience. It wasn't offensive like All4One, but it doesn't hold a candle to the first three PS2 games. I wouldn't even put it in the same ballpark as Tools of Destruction or A Crack in Time. It was like a slightly better Quest for Booty. They really gotta stop these alternative Ratchet titles and reboot the series for PS4 with some fresh/new ideas. I typically enjoy playing these games, but when a "traditional" Ratchet game doesn't hit the spot for me, something's wrong. I may go back and mop up the Platinum shortly and the rest of the skill points too since it's so short.

I got to the end of Firemen 2, but I got a "try harder again" bad ending and no credits roll. There's like zero guides on the net and MonkeyPaw's site only helps so much. Ugh, I have one more idea of how to play the game a bit differently, but I'll be pretty boned if I can't figure out how to beat it.

Hubb

Orcs Must Die 2
Sanctum 2
Project Diva F

Taking Sanctum 2 out of my backlog even though I didn't finish it. Maybe it is because I just finished Orcs Must Die 2, but I just couldn't enjoy Sanctum.

The tower limits, forced grinding, weird balance, I just didn't enjoy it. Put 6 hours into the game and got pretty close to finishing it. I did play 1 session of Co-Op with randoms and it actually did work out really well to my surprise.

I would probably stick it out and finish the game that way, but I keep getting lost connection to host when I try to join others. I am guessing I need to mess with my router, but that really isn't an option right now.

Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy XIV Main Quest
Fear Effect

Final Fantasy X, you are a fine piece of electronic entertainment. If my internet will stop sucking I will get to plugging along on FFXIV, at level 24 right now.

Top Bottom