• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Ban Stories of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hitokage said:
See, nobody cared about APF, but now that he's banned, he's a rallying point for people who needed one.

That's what we do here at NeoGAF, bring people together.

hahah so true!

ha, I've actually been banned at least seven times or so. Longest was three months, shortest was one day. I was just trying to see if I can be banned for about an hour.

Dilbert

Verboten said:
ha, I've actually been banned at least seven times or so. Longest was three months, shortest was one day. I was just trying to see if I can be banned for about an hour.
It would be much longer than an hour.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
howd sporsk lose admin

if i had to guess, i'd say the redesign thread. Looks like a few heads rolled in that thread too, which seems harsh to say the least.

sandman

Banned
This forum is run by mods and ban by mods too. Too bad most time when mods ban someone, they are even too chicken to give reason or to say who they are.

GhaleonEB

mre said:
I think Folder is the one that arranged an E3 meet and greet at a bar, and said that his contacts at Nintendo (I think) were going to foot the bill. When everybody showed up, however, there was no Folder and no Nintendo rep. Fortunately, a Gaffer (BuddyC?) picked up the tab for everybody and saved the night. After the fact, Folder never really had a good explanation and got da boot.

Yeah, here's the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48976

The whole story is in the OP. And of course, the end is in the last post.

WrikaWrek

Banned
sandman said:
This forum is run by mods and ban by mods too. Too bad most time when mods ban someone, they are even too chicken to give reason or to say who they are.

Tell it to the man! Spread it!

I got yo back. From here. In my corner.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
sandman said:
I used to think that but the last two times I've been banned I was able to ascertain a reason within a couple days of my return. The recent one was a fair ban in hindsight... the one before I still think was stupid.

but yeah, in my experience if you're just respectful and discrete most mods will point you in the right direction.

anyways, I always figured Dragona was in charge. only person on GAF who absolutely NOBODY fucks with since I've been here :lol

sandman

Banned
How about we have a list of current mods and list of which people they have banned and banned for which post? How about stopping banning people anonymously.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
sandman said:

Actually, I believe when you're banned you get to see the ban reason. Scrolling down the list of temporary bans, all of them have ban text, and almost all of them make it perfectly clear what the reason is.

Sometimes mods will make it clear when they banned someone in the relevant thread. Sometimes they won't. Live with it.

Edit: If not, we're wasting an awful lot of time coming up with witty ban reasons for you people. :\

I was banned recently for bolding the letters "p" and "m" in a post, even though I had seen a mod (Wellington) do the EXACT same thing in a thread not too long before that.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
polyh3dron said:
I was banned recently for bolding the letters "p" and "m" in a post, even though I had seen a mod (Wellington) do the EXACT same thing in a thread not too long before that.

Is this turning into the 'whine about times you were banned' thread, or are you angling for an Awesome epic ban?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
by the way, reading thru the Folder thread is awesome seeing the list of all those people from the past that are no longer here :lol

demi was awesome :lol

sandman said:
How about we have a list of current mods and list of which people they have banned and banned for which post? How about stopping banning people anonymously.

(neutral) sandman
Banned
(Today, 03:09 PM)
Reply | Quote

Something about this cracked me up.
It would be gold if the ban message was something like "Now guess who" :lol

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
OokieSpookie said:
(neutral) sandman
Banned
(Today, 03:09 PM)
Reply | Quote

Something about this cracked me up.
It would be gold if the ban message was something like "Now guess who" :lol

Now he's unbanned, perhaps he can tell you what it was. :p

I got banned for jokingly asking for a PM. Didn't want the PM so much as I was mocking those who did. Oh well. I'll be sure to make my sarcasm more noticeable next time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This banning wasn't that amazing but I thought I might as well mention it since Crushed has alot of fans for some reason:

1.) Crushed gets banned by someone other than Amir0x in the Banjo thread for some reason

2.) Crushed whins alot and turns his avatar into this:
zy5fl.gif

3.) Crushed's avatar is now this:

348rmme.gif

Guess he is gone forever now. Was bound to happen eventually though

Is siamesedreamer perma'd?

I remember Crushed from that period's Welcome thread. You could see he was going to be a good poster, but he was also going to burn up. I hope the ban gets lifted sometime.

oneHeero

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I got banned for jokingly asking for a PM. Didn't want the PM so much as I was mocking those who did. Oh well. I'll be sure to make my sarcasm more noticeable next time.
I got banned for that too :( Just got back from the ban.

ezekial45 said:
That guy was annoying as hell.

he posted some shitty gifs like the first day he got here, he'd obviously been fapping off to gaf for years and knew everything inside out, he must have been drooling for his account to be activated for months, and of course half the people on here have no semblance of what is funny and isn't so they think his garbage meme shit is absolutely hilarious, which i suppose it is if you're mentally deficient, and they consider him some kind of savior when really all he was trying to do was turn this place into some kind of retarded 4chan offshoot.

and every time he actually stopped making asshole-ish sarcastic comments and posting fucktard gifs, he'd argue with this air of superiority, as if having an entourage of mentally handicapped morons fapping to his every move is some kind of get off free pass for being a big dick.

i didn't like him.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
adamsappel said:
I remember Crushed from that period's Welcome thread. You could see he was going to be a good poster, but he was also going to burn up. I hope the ban gets lifted sometime.

To me he was just another joke poster, who occasionally did something funny.

ninj4junpei said:
Crushed. ;_;

I'd say something about pouring something out for him, but I figure that might be taken the wrong way! :lol (Please! It was only a joke!)

I am gonna miss Crushed though. He made me laugh roughly 40% of the time. ;_;

TDG

Banned
I liked Crushed. He tried too hard sometimes, but he was pretty funny most of the time, and he knew his games.

I'll miss him. It's a shame that it ended in such an... unpleasant note.

McLovin

I got banned for quoting a picture someone posted of some fat chicks wearing bikinis.. those weeks where brutal :(
edit: Crushed?! NOoooooOooooooooo!!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I've been banned twice, but I don't remember the reasons. I do remember being banned from play Xboxyde when I insulted someone who was being a jerk. Someone PMed me asking me to calm down, and I said "Shut the fuck up, F**"

It was only shortly after that when I realized he was a mod.

I also got my GameFaqs account perm'd for something like that.

ezekial45

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
he posted some shitty gifs like the first day he got here, he'd obviously been fapping off to gaf for years and knew everything inside out, he must have been drooling for his account to be activated for months, and of course half the people on here have no semblance of what is funny and isn't so they think his garbage meme shit is absolutely hilarious, which i suppose it is if you're mentally deficient, and they consider him some kind of savior when really all he was trying to do was turn this place into some kind of retarded 4chan offshoot.

and every time he actually stopped making asshole-ish sarcastic comments and posting fucktard gifs, he'd argue with this air of superiority, as if having an entourage of mentally handicapped morons fapping to his every move is some kind of get off free pass for being a big dick.

i didn't like him.

I suppose he got what he really wanted after all. He's left a lasting impression on GAF and people are still talking about him even after he's been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom