• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Middle East using Forza screenshot to promote Drive Club?

C_H_T

Probably done by an intern, who does not know anything about gaming or is trying to troll. Nowadays, a lot of interns get tasks like updating a Facebook page or any other social media platforms.

iMax

They just issued a sincere, yet slightly loaded apology.

Wq46g6g.png

P3c4dbI.png

Shin

Banned
Haha so many trying to blow this out of proportion, people make mistakes (happen to both sides now).
How it could have happen is more interesting to me though, don't they know their own games?

Woffls

Heh, I remember Sony using a PGR pic for GT a few years ago. There's been another one since but I can't remember what it was.

JayLee

Banned
Doing Driveclub a disservice with that shot.

Actually, any screenshot does Driveclub a disservice because it's the dynamic lighting that steals the show.
They should promote these Webm's and gifs on twitter or something
Even though I'm buying a PS4 purely for this game, I'd much prefer them cutting some of that stuff out for it to be 60fps. Racing is one of the genres where games really need to be 60. Although I did love PGR...

Haha so many trying to blow this out of proportion, people make mistakes (happen to both sides now).
How it could have happen is more interesting to me though, don't they know their own games?

These things are either run by interns, or outsourced to a media agency that works on managing social media accounts.

There's a huge gulf of difference between community managers like Sid Shuman and Jeff Rubinstein and the nameless office grunt who updates the pages for the less important branches.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Have I missed something? I thought #Driveclub was going to be closer to a sim than arcade.

You thought wrong.

It takes the middle road right between arcade games like Burnout and sim racers like Gran Turismo. Which means that the focus is on crazy speed and frenzied overtaking, but you still have to brake and cut every corner with razor-like precision if you want to reach the leaderboards.

Ever played PGR?

Yaqoub

You thought wrong.

It takes the middle road right between arcade games like Burnout and sim racers like Gran Turismo. Which means that the focus is on crazy speed and frenzied overtaking, but you still have to brake and cut every corner with razor-like precision if you want to reach the leaderboards.

Ever played PGR?

That exactly what it felt like when I tried it in Dubai last year, I thought it was more akin to PGR.

Paganmoon

You thought wrong.

Ever played PGR?

Haven't played that, no. I lean more to Burnout type games than GT type games. Having to brake with precision isn't my thing, so the PS+ edition will be a good test. Thanks for the info.

Melchiah

Is this the same Sony department, that spoiled the TLOU PS4 reveal? If so, I guess some disciplinary measures would be in order.

lol why would they apologise and then go on to say the resolution and frame rate, weird

What's weird about it? Surely everyone know's by now what the game is running at so why would they bother hiding it?

They are saying Driveclub running @1080p/30fps is the best looking racing game.....ever!!

Metallix87

LOL. This is one time you don't want to be using a competitor's game as visual aid. Forza looks like utter shit compared to DriveClub.
Wow, such vitriol. You're comparing a game that's been out on weaker hardware to one that's many months away on stronger hardware, and ignoring the framerate difference that helps Forza greatly.

I like to think it is a mistake. Still pretty funny though. I played a bit of Forza 5 this weekend and it was fun enough. Just not a huge fan of simulation racers

Edit: 30FPS makes sense considering the details of the background. I am glad it is at least 1080p though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Which is obviously bullshit.

Is it? I have never seen a more impressive looking racer, myself.

Sure, there's project cars on PC but aside from the extremely high quality car and handling models, the game around it doesn't look that mindblowing.

Sure, there's project cars on PC but aside from the extremely high quality car and handling models, the game around it doesn't look that mindblowing.
Agreed. The only good looking parts of PCars are the car models. I can't really say anything about the handling, though.

JayLee

Banned

How can you say that when you've never even seen the game in motion?

iMax

Project Cars on PC looks miles better (pun very much intended) than Driveclub. There's really no contest. And I'd argue Forza 5 does too because the framerate really is a major contributing factor to the experience.

Top Bottom