• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew about the red wedding before hand, I don't think it matters anymore what I know and don't know really

To be fair it didn't really ruin my enjoyment of the scene either, guess I don't really care about spoilers. Don't detail it too much tho, just broad strokes :p

Well, if it eases your mind, Tyrion makes it out with his life. He's still alive in the books, so will be around in the series for the foreseeable future.

rando14

I knew about the red wedding before hand, I don't think it matters anymore what I know and don't know really

To be fair it didn't really ruin my enjoyment of the scene either, guess I don't really care about spoilers. Don't detail it too much tho, just broad strokes :p

The situation regarding what happens to Tyrion has MAJOR implications for the entire story, are you still sure? :p

edit: Welp toddhunter spilled the beans just above, enjoy hahaha

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fine I'll wait /grumble

The situation regarding what happens to Tyrion has MAJOR implications for the entire story, are you still sure? :p

edit: Welp toddhunter spilled the beans just above, enjoy hahaha

I didn't see it, I saw a spoiler block but didn't click it :p

Chatin

I'm now on the Daario = Euron boat. Daario's claim to having swam a mile to pick flowers just makes too much sense in that context too.

dubq

And they didn't even connect Rorge and Biter as being the guys terrorizing the Riverlands. I guess it was last week where it was mentioned that "The Hound" was terrorizing the Riverlands?
Because last week they were actually talking about the Hound terrorizing Lannister soldiers in the Riverlands (Poliver, etc).

Iksenpets

Banned
I really hope Bronn ends up traveling with Jaime so he stays on-screen in the show. Would hate to see him disappear as he does in the books.

I think it's more likely they have him develop more of a relationship with Cersei after she hooked him up with a lordship, and he basically becomes Kettleblack for show purposes. Unless Bronn is going to spring back to importance in the last two books, he has the same basic personality for the role and it saves them a character.

For traveling with Jaime I say they send Kevan to build him up before his brief role in King's Landing. Plus while he's with Jaime he can take the place of that one Lannister aunt Jaime interacts with at Riverrun.

raigeki11

Neo Member
Huh, those were Rorge and Biter? I thought they attacked Brienne in the book. I'm confused now.

They did and died then anyway so it's not a huge deal I suppose but I'm not exactly sure what the point of moving them was. I'm more disgruntled by the fact that they took Gendry's badass execution of Biter from him and had Jon do it to Karl instead

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That was a good episode, only scene that fell flat was Winterfell snow castle. Kid playing Robin is pretty bad :/

Oberyn scene reminded me why he's my favorite character in the series. He leaves such a big impression in a short period, and then he just gets crushed. I wonder if he will leave that strong of an impression for show only people, his death may not be as impactful as it was in the book.

Famassu

Here's an absolute barebones explanation, doesn't go in to any kind of detail, just says what happens to Tyrion in the most generic way possible. Doesn't say anything about what anyone else but Tyrion does or what is done to him.

Tyrion escapes with the help of some people, but not without getting a few more emotional scars along the way...

Sean*O

Basically:

* Oberyn never fights the Mountain. Just as they are about to get into it, Tywin puts an end to the "farce".
* Tyrion has to fight instead.
* As the mountain is about to chop him in half, Tyrion races forward and bites him in the balls. The crowd groans, even Tywin.
* For some reason (this is never explained properly) this is the Mountain's weakness or something as he goes down to the ground where Tyrion can easily defeat him.
* From there things are pretty much back to normal around King's Landing. The main difference is Tyrion is a bit less trusting and he doesn't have Bronn to back him up.
* Tyrion then holds a competition to find a new Bronn, the winner ends up being the Hound who has returned from dropping off Arya to Petyr/Sansa.
* But Tyrion doesn't want to be like Joffrey with his own dog. He wants only cat.

LOL at points 3&4

Famassu

Oberyn scene reminded me why he's my favorite character in the series. He leaves such a big impression in a short period, and then he just gets crushed. I wonder if he will leave that strong of an impression for show only people, his death may not be as impactful as it was in the book.
People in the no books thread seem to love Oberyn just as much as book readers, if not even more. His death will be absolutely devastating for some people in there. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So since I spoiled myself on Oberon dying to the mountain, how the fuck does Tyrion get out of this predicament? He's still around in the books correct?

Don't ruin it for yourself. Yes, Tyrion is still around, but you really want to be surprised.

If you must have a clue, there was some very subtle foreshadowing during the trial.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
People in the no books thread seem to love Oberyn just as much as book readers, if not even more. His death will be absolutely devastating for some people in there. :p

I haven't kept up with that thread, that's good to hear. Pedro Pascal has been incredible as Oberyn.

Martin really made you believe that Oberyn was a character with a big role to play, I started believing it... then bam.

Massa

I haven't kept up with that thread, that's good to hear. Pedro Pascal has been incredible as Oberyn.

Martin really made you believe that Oberyn was a character with a big role to play, I started believing it... then bam.

People love him so much they're not even entertaining the possibility that he's fucked.

GRRM you cunt. :(

Somnia

I need to re-read the books, but doesn't Oberyn poison the Mountain before his death? I Seriously can't remember if they both die from that fight or not.

Fey

Banned
I need to re-read the books, but doesn't Oberyn poison the Mountain before his death? I Seriously can't remember if they both die from that fight or not.

Oberyn's weapon during the battle was poisoned, iirc. The Mountain kills Oberyn right away, but the poison eventually later on kills the Mountain as well.

Iksenpets

Banned

Speaking of the book thread, they've completely fallen for the show's take on Stannis. Lots of talk in there thinking he's about to strike King's Landing. Maybe the surprise of him at the Wall is going to hit better than I thought it would.

Speaking of the book thread, they've completely fallen for the show's take on Stannis. Lots of talk in there thinking he's about to strike King's Landing. Maybe the surprise of him at the Wall is going to hit better than I thought it would.
Love the black water 2.0 talk. I could forgive everything else about the show if they just got stannis right.

Chris R

Where the hell are they getting the King's Landing strike attack from?

a) Davos said go north
b) Lady M ain't getting another good bath for a long ass time (aka far away from proper civilization)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Browsed the other thread a bit... The reactions there are just pure gold. Subscribing, as it's a must for the final episodes. Come to think of it, there's so much that still needs to go down. Will be glorious to watch.

I didn't mind the Biter/Rorge scene, in fact I quite enjoyed the fact that Arya just got to merc one of the most imposing individuals from the books after how badly she was de-clawed in season 2. It also gives them a nice out for the hound when the bite becomes infected.

I do have to wonder what they're going to do with Brienne though. Before the season began I thought the obvious replacement for Shagwell would have been Locke given his connection with her however he got Hodored, next they take away 2 of the people in her other big fight. It feels like there's nobody left for her to dispatch.

I do have to wonder what they're going to do with Brienne though. Before the season began I thought the obvious replacement for Shagwell would have been Locke given his connection with her however he got Hodored, next they take away 2 of the people in her other big fight. It feels like there's nobody left for her to dispatch.

Did she actually dispatch anybody of note? Granted her getting eaten was a memorable scene for me (pretty brutal) but I feel they'll skip straight to her being part of the lady Stoneheart reveal. There is no way they'll just go with a couple of randoms.

Did she actually dispatch anybody of note? Granted her getting eaten was a memorable scene for me (pretty brutal) but I feel they'll skip straight to her being part of the lady Stoneheart reveal. There is no way they'll just go with a couple of randoms.
She killed 3 bloody mummers alone with only help being pod throwing two rocks. She beat rorge straight up 1v1 and he was a homicidal badass.

She killed 3 bloody mummers alone with only help being pod throwing two rocks. She beat rorge straight up 1v1 and he was a homicidal badass.

That is true, but compared to beating Jaime (worn down or not) and winning the tournament that isn't a real big deal.

I'm sure they'll do something with her being attacked and Pod helping out (for the bonding points) but there doesn't seem to be much lost at this point.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
"Your sister"

For fuck's sake, D & D.

image.php

hamchan

Browsed the other thread a bit... The reactions there are just pure gold. Subscribing, as it's a must for the final episodes. Come to think of it, there's so much that still needs to go down. Will be glorious to watch.

I also enjoy reading the other thread, it's pretty fun. Though I didn't like it at all when book readers went in right after the red wedding and were like "We were waiting for this now you feel our pain oh man it's great to see your reactions etc", it read like an unusual form of gloating, fairly off-putting for the non-book readers.

Like, read the thread, enjoy their reactions, but don't be weird like those guys were and everything should be cool.

I really do wish Conan Stevens had stuck around. The Mountain was always going to be a tough recast.

At least the new guy looks physically imposing enough to have something near the right feel of the Mountain.

It'll be hilarious if they have Oberyn win the fight and live. He's way better in the show than in the books, and Frankengregor is just retarded anyway.

They could have given him a beard at least. I always picture The Mountain with a big black beard.

He has a beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom