• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

SmithnCo

Nice red Greninja, and Bowser's alt color looks better than it did in Brawl.

The mirroring doesn't bother me because that's par for the course with fighting games, like with Vega's claw.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't think they showed Blue Mario, so no. Besides, team colors in Smash are Red, Green and Blue, so Bowser has to have a blue color scheme.

Duh, major brain fart on my side. I was looking at blue Greninja then blue Kirby. So I was like, where's my blue Bowser, without thinking about Mario.

ALM5252

This should have been the PotD.

zlCfzR81YJ4BSeIb_W_zps5735981b.jpg

Anyways, I always noticed the mirroring with Mario since the VS match against Mega Man last E3.

I don't like it. It messes with my mind and what I grew used to seeing. It look's weird for Mario to do his forward aerial in the air when mirrored, it makes turning around feel weird as well.

Gotta get used to it though.

Now I demand absurdly colored pikachus.

Here you go.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35511 LOL

People who are disappointed in this news, it looks like it was already implemented by last E3. You can see it during the Mega Man v. Mario match that was shown here.

Nobody noticed it back then, and it looks really natural as far as I can tell. Always seeing Mario's front is better than seeing his boring back.

Village

interesting yes, but I would just prefer to use a pad.

I will just have to find a wii u one with the right stick and buttons switched

KHlover

Banned
Have you guys seen this?

sZ6bkru.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=228699

What do you think? I'm not familiar with Performance Designed Products, are they good?

That controller would suck for Smash. I'll assume this controller works like a Fightstick, so the "analog stick" actually works like a D-Pad. Meaning you can't walk when using this controller...

And even if it was true analog - It would then miss a Right Stick and the D-Pad. So no taunting or using Smash attacks quickly. Position of L and R also is horrible for Smash, you need at least 1 finger on L or R at all times, which wouldn't be the case with this controller.

Probably a great controller for traditional 2D fighters, imo horrible for SSB (if not outright unusable).

CassSept

It's cool and nifty and all but well... I'm afraid this will be messing with my head. I need to watch some videos to see how turning animations look.

-Horizon-

zlCfzR81YJ4BSeIb_W

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

zlCfzR81YY8cYB-YB1

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.
Dat Palutena
:/

Would the sword-wielding characters just switch hands then?

Yeah just like we've seen in other 3d fighting games, or don't mirror anyone and keep it like past Smash games. I'm sure when I play the game it won't bother me but watching footage where some characters are mirrored and some aren't makes me feel like I'm watching a fan mugen game

I don't like this change very much....It looks quite unnatural (specially Greninja), and nobody complained about the way it was before. For a change that took effort, as Sakurai said, it seems really unnecessary.

I hope there's a toggle for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

zroid

Banned
It's funny because mirroring is a quick and easy way in 2D games to generate sprites facing in different directions. In 3D games it's a whole other beast, but the similarity of the effect kind of cheapens the effort.

Village

I don't like this change very much....It looks quite unnatural (specially Greninja), and nobody complained about the way it was before. For a change that took effort, as Sakurai said, it seems really unnecessary.

I hope there's a toggle for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Its primiative.

That flip being taken out of games like greninja's tounge was being advertized in street fighter 3 as something they had gotten past. Using Gill's body as an example.

And that waas the 90's

The poll for the next thread title is now live!!! To get the link to the poll, just quote this post to reveal it. Remember: If you don't vote and he next thread title ends up sucking, then it's your fault (unless IntelliHeath doesn't go with the winning title, then it's his fault).

Top Bottom