• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs PC performance thread [Read post #1215 before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

I find it strange that someone finds a hidden 'magic' setting and all of a sudden everything is good. I'll wait for more info before going crazy, how hard is it to do comparison shot?

If it is true though then I guess we have to blame Ubisoft for incompetence, a setting like that should be available in game.

i5 3570k @3.40Ghz
8Gb RAM
Sapphire HD 7950 Boost 3Gb
Windows 7 64 bit.

It's a nightmare. Let me explain:

Turning V-Sync on does the same thing as in AC IV where it basically locked the game at 30 fps unless you were looking at the wall. Without it it's like a roller coaster going from 30 to 60 and back down, if you are walking slowly is not that bad but driving is almost impossible. I mostly play on high bacuase setting the game on Medium barely helped, you gain a few fps but the drops are still there.

I hope they fix it with a day one patch or some drivers by AMD. Ubilol at it's finest.

While in game, press control+alt+delete to bring up task maganger. Then, alt+tab back in. Should be fixed now. Did the same thing with AC4

Phil4000

OP have you tried changing anything else from the GamerProfile.xml file, like setting the

TextureResolutionQuality="ultra" instead of high?
or
ShadingQuality="ultra"

I find it strange that someone finds a hidden 'magic' setting and all of a sudden everything is good. I'll wait for more info before going crazy, how hard is it to do comparison shot?
Indeed. The water has always looked good. So now we just get water shots and everyone gets excited...

Gaz_RB

ip1g5RM4q3h9u.bmp

Dat car

Indeed. The water has always looked good. So now we just get water shots and everyone gets excited...

No, you guys don't understand. Earlier today that "magical setting" hadn't been discovered yet, and the shots people were posting really did look significantly worse than what you are seeing now, hence the fuss. I'm not sure the water looked as good as it does now with the setting enabled.

Scrabble

Why would it not just be at pc by default, or at least an option in the video settings? Game development is so puzzling sometimes.

No, you guys don't understand. Earlier today that "magical setting" hadn't been discovered yet, and the shots people were posting really did look significantly worse than what you are seeing now, hence the fuss.
Yet there is not a single before and after shot to demonstrate what this setting does...

solarus

i5 3570k @3.40Ghz
8Gb RAM
Sapphire HD 7950 Boost 3Gb
Windows 7 64 bit.

It's a nightmare. Let me explain:

Turning V-Sync on does the same thing as in AC IV where it basically locked the game at 30 fps unless you were looking at the wall. Without it it's like a roller coaster going from 30 to 60 and back down, if you are walking slowly is not that bad but driving is almost impossible. I mostly play on High becuase setting the game on Medium barely helped, you gain a few fps but the drops are still there.

I hope they fix it with a day one patch or some drivers by AMD. Ubilol at it's finest.
How the hell is this problem still there, Ubi gives no shits.

Phil4000

Here are some pics comparing the console quality textures (High) to Ultra (credit: styckx from Guru3d)

high textures
5wiVh5H.jpg

Ultra textures
vW8ohzn.jpg

Looks quite a bit better imo...

npa189

Waiting for Tuesdays is always so painful. This game looks crazy, PC looks like 2012 watch dogs. Glad I bought it for PC now.

Weren't those shots in the OP originally posted here, or am I imagining things?

edit: is it even doing anything? You might want to ask HolyFridge who took them.

lexi

Banned
Reddit Poster VZW_Matt posted this video to show how bad the pre release is running atm. The quote is his system specs from the youtube video.

"i7 4770k OC'ed to 4.2GHz, 2 GTX 760s, and 16gb of RAM playing off of an SSD"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfNUX5ima4

I really hope a day one patch will fix this, don't really wanna buy this game on XB1

A GTA clone through and through, right down to the fucking terrible performance and optimization.

Maybe an isolated incident. The wound of GTA is still fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom