• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs PC performance thread [Read post #1215 before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

BEFORE:

watch_dogs_20140524_02240589_by_bigboss154-d7jhdhm.png

AFTER:

watch_dogs_20140524_02174359_by_bigboss154-d7jhdiy.png

See if you can spot any meaningful differences.

Proof that graphically obsessed gamers are fucking crazy.

Nzyme32

So either Watch Dogs looked good all along and people just wouldn't admit it or the power of 4K makes it look wonderful :p

Or the effect(s) that change are not demonstrated in the screenshots location/scenario. You need to test the exact same places effects etc otherwise you can't determine what exactly it does if it does anything at all.

Pandemic

Reddit Poster VZW_Matt posted this video to show how bad the pre release is running atm. The quote is his system specs from the youtube video.

"i7 4770k OC'ed to 4.2GHz, 2 GTX 760s, and 16gb of RAM playing off of an SSD"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfNUX5ima4

I really hope a day one patch will fix this, don't really wanna buy this game on XB1

Not sure what to believe anymore.. Do I go back to my PS4 order, or do I stick with PC. Da fak....

Paracelsus

To be fair many said -before the trick was unvealed- that the game looks just okay at day and splendid at night. Post more day comparisons, then.

Or the effect(s) that change are not demonstrated in the screenshots location/scenario. You need to test the exact same places effects etc otherwise you can't determine what exactly it does if it does anything at all.

A lot of the screenshots that made people go "holy shit omg deferred fx" are 4K screenshots taken before the setting was known about. Go to the screenshot thread I linked.

maneil99

A lot of the screenshots that made people go "holy shit omg deferred fx" are 4K screenshots taken before the setting was known about. Go to the screenshot thread I linked.

Yea, I'm pretty sure OP added those shots without realizing HolyFridge didn't enable deffered FX

Is there native 16:10 support this time or does ubisoft still hate us?

Also for those getting drops from 60-30 just enable triple buffering in direct3doverider fixed that issue in AC4 anyway

maneil99

Is there any chance that you have to restart the game, reboot your computer, spit twice over your left shoulder and bow to the east for the change to apply?

he had to have done that since the file has to edited while the game is not running so that shouldn't be an issue

Nzyme32

Not sure what to believe anymore.. Do I go back to my PS4 order, or do I stick with PC. Da fak....

That looks like it is only running on a single 760 not two. The sli profile may also be wrong. There are people with far worse systems doing far better

Hip Hop

Reddit Poster VZW_Matt posted this video to show how bad the pre release is running atm. The quote is his system specs from the youtube video.

"i7 4770k OC'ed to 4.2GHz, 2 GTX 760s, and 16gb of RAM playing off of an SSD"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfNUX5ima4

I really hope a day one patch will fix this, don't really wanna buy this game on XB1

Look at the comment soulshot96 makes. That's the reason. Let's not jump into conclusions before the game is officially released.

Ploid 3.0

People are so used to Steam and it's drm that they forget PC games used to be on disk and had other drm than steam.

Waiting for amazing amazon/steam sale.

After watching some vids the early parts of the game don't look too interesting. I hope later videos and content makes it look fun.

Kssio_Aug

From those shots thats really not a big difference. Maybe its just the scenario? Id like to see the consoles screenhots at the river with that boat, on the same place, trying to show the city. That picture was the most impressive one!

I'm not a technical speaking guy, but Deferred FX sounds like...I'm just gonna ask the Creative Director of the game, since that's something you can do these days.

Nzyme32

I'm not a technical speaking guy, but Deferred FX sounds like...I'm just gonna ask the Creative Director of the game, since that's something you can do these days.

I'm not saying it does anything. I'm saying logically, from not even understanding what something is doing, yet claiming other particular shots are doing something different, you have to compare the exact same situations or test conditions rather than an independent one. Basic scientific method

UX Genes

I love the way it looks

Has anyone else noticed how bad the car physics are though? Its my only complaint so far.

Yasae

Banned
Posting two screenshots without a source and without details is not comparing anything but your ability to post two screenshots.

There probably is a good chance it does nothing, but we have no proof of that.

Havel

Two more screens I took, in daytime with everything on Ultra @ 2560x1600.

BEFORE:

watch_dogs_20140524_03025093_by_bigboss154-d7jhhdc.png

AFTER:

watch_dogs_20140524_03091356_by_bigboss154-d7jhhca.png

Taken at SLIGHTLY different times, hence the difference in brightness in the sky.

Nzyme32

I love the way it looks

Has anyone else noticed how bad the car physics are though? Its my only complaint so far.

The entire physics pisses me off! Your car is some physically superior object that can jump long distances at low speeds yet plough through all cars and objects effortlessly tearing them like confetti while being practically immovable. Then your character has similar weirdness. There are clips of him crouching in the back of a truck, and the truck just smashes into walls while your character is just immobile and unmoved. It seems ridiculous to paint such a realistic world and have everything behave in such an over the top manner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom