• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 16-22 | Put Down Your Pikachus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Smedwicks, we are the younger generation! Let us wipe out the older generation and eat their hearts and gain their powers!

It's like speaking different languages really - ultimately as long as the meaning is clear, you can write it however you like.

I have about 13 minutes of Infiltration playing as Rolento from Dreamhack Summer that I want to upload somewhere. It's 60fps though, and as 60fps video is godlike I'd like for people to be able to watch it at that fps.

I am thinking that I can either find a video upload site that supports 60fps, or comvert the videos to webms and upload them to pomf, if they're not too big. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

...why would you ever talk about 2 player inputs? tell me a move that exclusively works only on one side. there's no need for a distinction.

"Man, I find 236 way harder on 2P side than 1P side."

WHAT MOTION DO YOU MEAN MAN

jbug617

Banned
Holy crap. ANIME
http://t.co/dU5YDGf5qT

Today, Arc System Works and Aksys Games have announced the variety of ways in which they will support the event, including a massive bonus to BlazBlue: Chronophantasma’s pot, appearances by notable figures in the BlazBlue world, and opportunities to try out some of the company’s latest games.

First off, the money! Arc System Works is set to contribute $20,000 to the Chronophantasma prize pool, a figure boosted by another $5,000 courtesy of Aksys Games. Furthermore, the winner of the tournament will automatically qualify for ARC REVOLUTION CUP 2014 in August, with a fellow competitor of their choosing and an extra $5,000 from Aksys in tow. ARC REVOLUTION CUP regularly features some of the best Japanese competition in ArcSys’ various fighters, and this surprise qualifier will go a long way in adding an extra global flair to the proceedings.

Furthermore, the two companies will be hosting a joint booth at the event, where BlazBlue series producer Toshimichi Mori and voice actress Kana Ueda are scheduled to be on hand to talk to fans and provide autographs. Attendees will also be able to get their hands on playable demos of Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!, BlazBlue Battle Cards, and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, so be sure to stop by and try them out for yourself.

With all this developer support, Evo 2014 is on track to be one of the biggest events the fighting game community has ever seen, even for a tournament as legendary as the Evolution Championship Series. Do your best to be in Las Vegas the weekend of July 11 to experience it all first-hand!

...why would you ever talk about 2 player inputs? tell me a move that exclusively works on one side only. there's no need for a distinction.
Imagine you are teaching a newbie to the game of Street Fighter.

NEWBIE: "How do I do that fireball?"

If you are using alphabetic denotations, you can move your stick and say:

YOU: "This is called a quarter circle forward; you do quarter circle forward and then hit a punch button to throw a fireball."

Now imagine that you are teaching someone using the numeric system; you move your stick and say:

YOU: "Imagine a number pad. If you don't recall the specific numbers on a number pad, go look at one. Okay, now roll your stick in the motions of the 2, 3, and 6 buttons. Unless you are on the other side. Then you should do 2, 1, and 4."

The first way seems much easier to me.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Holy shit. Japan coming to take that money lmao.

I wonder what they're going to do if the winner has already qualified.

The Japs man, we scared of the Japs. With Kazunoko and Daigo coming this EVO, its almost a guaranteed Top 8 of Japs with Wong and Balrog tying in very close to Top 8.

xCobalt

The Japs man, we scared of the Japs. With Kazunoko and Daigo coming this EVO, its almost a guaranteed Top 8 of Japs with Wong and Balrog tying in very close to Top 8.

I don't think Justin will do well in USF4. It's been like 3 years since he made top 8 for SF4 at EVO. The best chance for an American to place top 8 is definitely PR Balrog and Ricky.

El Sloth

Banned
Holy hell, everyone gonna pick up anime at the last minute?

I hope someone is collecting the reactions from the anime community on twitter

Rhapsody

Banned
It always seemed funny to me that so many players of fighting games, games which essentially are all about the numbers passed a certain point, are so afraid of them

Not to mention when people are like "I like fighting games, it's all about adapting".

Then they can't spend any time adapting to a new notation.

Edit: Just saw the bonus for BBCP. Jiyuna's pic of ASW doing nothing for the community this year's outdated now.

Two things:
1) I wonder whether companies think of money like this as an investment they will profit off of, or as a deserved "thank you" to the most dedicated fans.

2) It will be absolutely hilarious if a top Capcom FG player took the BlazBlue Evo pot.

Damn, look at all that anime money. Making Ultra look poverty.
I love USFIV, but it has been poverty since we got a list of the "new" characters and stages.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't think Justin will do well in USF4. It's been like 3 years since he made top 8 for SF4 at EVO. The best chance for an American to place top 8 is definitely PR Balrog and Ricky.

Now I'm just hyped/scared. Japanese Top 8 EVO. Everyone pack it up.

Anime having the biggest prize pool at Evo? Did we finally make it? ;~;

Anime has finally made it.

Edit:

OMG, I just read how much they're adding.... All the killers in Blazblue will be there cause if they win, this will more than surely pay for everything and even more for the year to come in regards to paying for trips.

Nyoro SF

Imagine you are teaching a newbie to the game of Street Fighter.

NEWBIE: "How do I do that fireball?"

If you are using alphabetic denotations, you can move your stick and say:

YOU: "This is called a quarter circle forward; you do quarter circle forward and then hit a punch button to throw a fireball."

Now imagine that you are teaching someone using the numeric system; you move your stick and say:

YOU: "Imagine a number pad. If you don't recall the specific numbers on a number pad, go look at one. Okay, now roll your stick in the motions of the 2, 3, and 6 buttons. Unless you are on the other side. Then you should do 2, 1, and 4."

The first way seems much easier to me.

If you're explaining something in person, of course it will be completely different than what you show in writing. I would never describe numbers if I was showing joystick movements physically.

Number notation is too convenient on the internet to not use really. I guess older notation for English speakers is still OK. It's not like HCF, B is that hard to type either. But for archiving I always found numbers to be a lot faster.

Shouta

Two things:
1) I wonder whether companies think of money like this as an investment they will profit off of, or as a deserved "thank you" to the most dedicated fans.

2) It will be absolutely hilarious if a top Capcom FG player took the BlazBlue Evo pot.

I love USFIV, but it has been poverty since we got a list of the "new" characters and stages.

With Xrd and P4A2 coming next year, it's likely that this will be the last tournament for this version of BlazBlue as a whole. Well, Arc Revo Cup technically but last big one for the US. I'd assume that they'll be working on a next gen Blazblue after Xrd or at least put it in the planning stages. =o

jbug617

Banned
They are coming.

@MarnORZ: Got 3 weeks til EVO. WHO'S THE CHEAPEST BLAZBLUE CHARACTER?

@FluxedOver: third place at Evo in BB is probably gonna make more money than the winner of Marvel lolololol i have made mistakes

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
BBCP to be run after UMvC3 for the first time ever in America?

That is definitely a way to promote a tournament. Goddamn.

I actually hope Marvel dies off with Ultra at EVO. With how Capcom has been dealing with everything, unless they announce something good within the end of the year, they deserve a lot of failures for making their fanbase irritated.

They are coming.

@MarnORZ: Got 3 weeks til EVO. WHO'S THE CHEAPEST BLAZBLUE CHARACTER?

@FluxedOver: third place at Evo in BB is probably gonna make more money than the winner of Marvel lolololol i have made mistakes

I can't wait to see all the normal Capcom players get bodied in BB.

Two things:

zfZD3Z5.png

itshappening.gif

kirblar

I actually hope Marvel dies off with Ultra at EVO. With how Capcom has been dealing with everything, unless they announce something good within the end of the year, they deserve a lot of failures for making their fanbase irritated.

I can't wait to see all the normal Capcom players get bodied in BB.
Playing games that can't actively be supported by the developer is definitely awkward when that's the model used to funnel money into the game (Pot bonuses are a marketing expense.)

Damn, that is a LOT of money for ASW to throw at a US tournament.

Holy hell, everyone gonna pick up anime at the last minute?

I hope someone is collecting the reactions from the anime community on twitter

Anime having the biggest prize pool at Evo? Did we finally make it? ;~;

Damn, look at all that anime money. Making Ultra look poverty.

zfZD3Z5.png

itshappening.gif

This is all wrong. I thought we finally got Anime out of here.

Shouta

If Nemo can get bopped using Kokonoe, then Tokido will too, lol.

But seriously, I was going to get back into practicing for BB today because my pad finally works again. This just has me a bit more motivated, especially because I have a lot of top players in my area.

El Sloth

Banned
It's like speaking different languages really - ultimately as long as the meaning is clear, you can write it however you like.

I have about 13 minutes of Infiltration playing as Rolento from Dreamhack Summer that I want to upload somewhere. It's 60fps though, and as 60fps video is godlike I'd like for people to be able to watch it at that fps.

I am thinking that I can either find a video upload site that supports 60fps, or comvert the videos to webms and upload them to pomf, if they're not too big. Any suggestions?
http://www.gamersyde.com/

With Xrd and P4A2 coming next year, it's likely that this will be the last tournament for this version of BlazBlue as a whole. Well, Arc Revo Cup technically but last big one for the US. I'd assume that they'll be working on a next gen Blazblue after Xrd or at least put it in the planning stages. =o
That makes sense. They have to add in Nine/Phantom so the game has a character I ant to play ASAP. :-D

Do you consider Dogura a top Capcom FG player? :3
Name means nothing to me. :3

zfZD3Z5.png

itshappening.gif
Hahaha.

kirblar

So I was thinking about finals day order should be.

KI
TTT2
KOF
Injustice
BBCP
UMvC3
Smash
USF4
After this news, I would go:

Smash
KI
TTT2
Injustice
KOF
UMvC3
BBCP
USF4

Smash being up first is a logistics issue, as its the weirdest to set up. Then the other two solo-console titles, then you start running the games that'll be using XBOX.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Playing games that can't actively be supported by the developer is definitely awkward when that's the model used to funnel money into the game (Pot bonuses are a marketing expense.)

I honestly hate Capcom now. Just let it go down under so I can stop caring about it ;_;

This is all wrong. I thought we finally got Anime out of here.

No, we were anime all along. We were just in disguise, waiting for the right moment to emerge from the rubble.

I watched you play your flute and it was indeed amazing. Thank you for the awesome website.

kirblar

The disparity coming from the TCG world (Where I play in 5Ks/10Ks/50Ks routinely) was a pretty big shock to the system when I started following FGs after Marvel came out. I'm really really happy to see the FG tournament scene start to get real support like this.

Kenturoxx

Well Japanese players can't earn money in Japan so this is the best way to get paid out.

It's finally time for anime to become esports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom