• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman 9 coming to PSN and XBLA too

Link Man

Banned
test_account said:
The game will probly (atleast i hope :)) be very simular in both gameplay and graphics on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii (if it comes out on all of these systems that is) so i dont think the dev costs will be significantly higher. Capcom already own the PS3 and Xbox 360 devkits as well :) What is HD tax by the way? Is it a joke or is it something real?
Well, I was under the impression that XBLA and PSN required games to have HD aasets (textures, for example), which are significantly more expensive than SD assets. This led to a big kerfuffle with SSFII Turbo HD, when the HD assets exceeded the XBLA file size limitations at the time, forcing Microsoft to raise the limit.

ZeoVGM

Banned
snack said:
I hope the PS3 and 360 versions have updated art. Maybe they are just doing 8-bit style to comply with storage capabilities of the Wii..

Wow, some people really don't get the entire point of the game.

I thought it was a pretty simply concept to grasp too.

jarrod

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
So. Beautiful.
I can't tell you how scared I was when we first started getting rumblings about MM9 that it'd be another Backbone effort. Thank fuck for Inafune being in charge.

test_account

XP-39C²
Link Man said:
Well, I was under the impression that XBLA and PSN required games to have HD aasets (textures, for example), which are significantly more expensive than SD assets. This led to a big kerfuffle with SSFII Turbo HD, when the HD assets exceeded the XBLA file size limitations at the time, forcing Microsoft to raise the limit.
Ah ok, like that. I first thought you ment that the developers made games in HD that they then had to pay some money/royalties/taxes to some company that owned HD or something, that some company owned the copyright to HD assets in games or something. I had never heard of anything like this, thats why i asked :) I didnt mean to be rude (or what i shall say) or anything, it was a genuine question from me.

Making more detailed textures etc. might indeed cost more money due to that more work might have to be put into making these due to they are more detailed etc., but about games for PSN and XBLA requiring to be in HD, i'm really not sure about that. If i should guess i dont think Mircosoft or Sony requires developers to make their games with native HD textures etc. as long as the games run in a 720p, 1080i and/or 1080p resolution (i'm not sure if that is even required, but i dont know). As long as they see sale potentials and that the games are good i would guess that they will approve it to be released on PSN and/or XBLA. The thing about SSFII Turbo HD, that is probably because Capcom wanted the game to be in 1080p, not because it was required by Microsoft or Sony, atleast i'm assuming that, but maybe someone have more knowledge about that than me.

Tobor

More bitching about the 8 bit graphics! Yay!

And from all the usual HD whiners! Yay!

Achievement points or no, I'll still be getting this on Wiiware.

CC dpad >>>>>>>>>>>>>360 dpad

You might as well cross out that XBLA version...

76299-dpadpp.jpg

Haunted

So it's still not confirmed. But with so many people talking about it being multiplatform, it would be a pretty big surprise if it were announced as a Wii exclusive at this point.

Wait and see, I suppose.

CitizenCope said:
Was 9 any good?
I stopped around 3.
:lol Unintentionally classic post right there.

jarrod

Banned
Of All Trades said:
Take a screwdriver to the well and SOTN works great.
I know, I need to.... I basically haven't touched it or VF5 since last year. I'll probably get around to it sometime before SF4, if we don't get another worthwhile solution from Agetec or someone.

mollipen

Diablohead said:
I have zero problems with the sonic games, I know because I own the XBLA versions.

Well, you're lucky then. Some people also have Xbox 360s that have never red ringed. Doesn't mean it isn't a common hardware problem.

duckroll said:
So what's the consensus? This article is pretty old, but I didn't post it because it didn't feel it was 100% accurate. The site is legit but they might have been using dodgy info. Does anyone that actually have E3 info want to comment?

nixice said:
That being said, I'm not sure what the Ars Technica article confirms -- there's no E3 roster from Capcom posted anywhere that I've seen. We have the official Capcom E3 list (including the two "untitled" games planned for the show) and Capcom US told us that neither of these untitled games is Mega Man 9, and that they don't currently have plans for that title at the show. (Ars doesn't have a source, but I think they got their info from E3.net, which is just a UGO site and is NOT the official E3 website.) There will be an official press release for the game soon with more info about Mega Man 9, but until that happens (and perhaps for some time after?) if you're a Mega Man fan, you might want to kiss your Wii...

After reading the feature on Nintendo Power, MM9 will likely not be heading to XBLA/PSN.

lyre said:
No one doubted that 9 wouldn't hit other consoles as well.

The article has, apparently, been debunked by IGN insiders. It's still unclear whether or not CAPCOM will release this game on XBLA/PSN.

Yoschi

so it's "direction pad" against "achievements".

personally i will be getting the wii version because i have one of these:
sneswii160408acd.jpg

and because the price on the us wiiware is gonna be less either way than the price on pal 360 XBLA.

I'm pumped for new info on this game!

Yoschi said:
so it's "direction pad" against "achievements".

personally i will be getting the wii version because i have one of these:
sneswii160408acd.jpg

and because the price on the us wiiware is gonna be less either way than the price on pal 360 XBLA.

I'm pumped for new info on this game!

That is so, so beautiful.

To reiterate, though, it's still unclear whether or not CAPCOM will release it on XBLA/PSN.

holy shit, for some reason i thought this was a remake. now im hyped, the last MM game i played was the ds one, and it sucked. If it's HD 2d sprites I'm there day 1

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
TheGrayGhost said:
After reading the feature on Nintendo Power, MM9 will likely not be heading to XBLA/PSN.

Err...why do you say that?

Haunted

TheGrayGhost said:
To reiterate, though, it's still unclear whether or not CAPCOM will release it on XBLA/PSN.

I can't believe how many people are simply overlooking this and responding to the thread title. OP's article is not giving a proper source, and we all know that widely expected ≠ confirmation.

HUELEN10 said:
I know the difference between classic and x series.

I was toying with the fellow....
I know.

bdizzle said:
holy shit, for some reason i thought this was a remake. now im hyped, the last MM game i played was the ds one, and it sucked. If it's HD 2d sprites I'm there day 1
It's 8-bit.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
bdizzle said:
It'll use 8-bit graphics.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Haunted One said:

I can't believe how many people are simply overlooking this and responding to the thread title. OP's article is not giving a proper source, and we all know that widely expected ≠ confirmation.

What's funny (though hardly surprising) is outlets like 1up.com putting this article up and stating it as a fact.

ZeoVGM

Banned
shidoshi said:
No, it doesn't. (And I know because I own the XBLA version.)

Wow, really?

So I must have said "it controls fine" without owning it myself.

Good job.

Diablos said:
You are funny.

I'll buy this and hope that the money we give to the devs will make them stop toying around with 8-bit games and develop DEAD RISING 2 YES

This is a thousand times better than Dead Rising 2.

Haunted

schuelma said:
What's funny (though hardly surprising) is outlets like 1up.com putting this article up and stating it as a fact.
lol game journalism and all that. :( It's like a snowball of misinformation.

But hey, maybe Ars Technica will turn out to be right after all - but as it stands right now, we've got no confirmation except from Nintendo Power. :/

Top Bottom