• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets make a Get Well card for Satoru Iwata!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The clever thing about this is that you can make a fake Miiverse drawing quite easily in the most basic paint programme so even those without access to Miiverse can contribute.

I'm on a summer holiday al mare, but I'll try to connect my 3DS via my iphone or something to make a little something

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

Lernaean

Banned
My Mii

2QB7oh9.png

Yeah, i know >.<

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I got mine from the Nintendo Network Premium site but you can probably get yours from Miiverse. Just copy the image location of your Mii.

What i did, and the others as i can tell is by logging in Miiverse from PC and then save the image from your avatar.

Either find your NNID page and extract it from the page resources or export an image to an SD card via the Mii Maker channels on your 3DS or Wii U.

I'll add this to the OP for those who want to use their Mii. Also, is there some kind of default frame or background for miiverse posts that I could add to the OP as well?

I got mine from the Nintendo Network Premium site but you can probably get yours from Miiverse. Just copy the image location of your Mii.

What i did, and the others as i can tell is by logging in Miiverse from PC and then save the image from your avatar.

Either find your NNID page and extract it from the page resources or export an image to an SD card via the Mii Maker channels on your 3DS or Wii U.

5k3pn85coyyq_normal_face.png

Got it, thanks!

MicH

I love this idea, but I'm an idiot when it comes to creating art, so I'll gladly post my Mii andh ope it gets used for something :D

DnZLFjl.png

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
A new thread was summoned while I made this so I figured I'd post it here as well since context :)

xZpJBso.jpg

Good luck with this project fellow gaffers, I must go, my 9 to 5 calls.

Suggestion: The above picture should be at the center of the postcard with everyone's Mii's surrounding the image.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I would like to contribute once I get home from work.
edit: here's my Mii
1e3zxtb5qukca_normal_face.png

Hope you make a fast recovery Iwata!

If you wanted to incorporate Miis, would the best way be to use them on the reverse of any card? You could use the back for messages, as suggested, then incorporate Miis too. Something like this, perhaps? Anyone without a Mii would just get some kind of symbol (I've used the Balloon Fight sprite for the mockup, but you could use anything else):

ReverseofCard.jpg

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
If you wanted to incorporate Miis, would the best way be to use them on the reverse of any card? You could use the back for messages, as suggested, then incorporate Miis too. Something like this, perhaps? Anyone without a Mii would just get some kind of symbol (I've used the Balloon Fight sprite for the mockup, but you could use anything else):

ReverseofCard.jpg

Very nice!

edit: I'll be back to update this thread a bit later. In the mean time keep up the good work everybody!

Not too sure how you upload your miis. Tried using the miiverse one, not sure if it's too small
iw7LBmr.png

edit: I guess that's the correct size! Get well soon, Iwata!

Sounds like a great plan. Should keep things looking spiffy.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'll send a personal card to him but I will see if I can contribute here as well.

69wpm

So many good ideas. Here is my Mii for now:

stX4WKh.png

I might do something in Photoshop later, still at work for now.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Sounds like a great plan. Should keep things looking spiffy.

I love it, but as long as we haven't figured out cost of printing and delivering we should concentrate on one side of the card, with images. The images can consist of Miis along with text, but hopefully we can also get some nice drawings on there.

If we end up filling one side of the card and the printing and delivery are manageable, we can use this layout for the back side. I just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves.

Hugstable

Banned
I love that you guys are doing this as a community! How would I go about getting a picture of my Mii like you guys did? Really hope the best for Iwata and hope he recovers well soon!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
37myrmed0hpnp_normal_t6jlv.png

My message: &#12362;&#22823;&#20107;&#12395;, &#23721;&#30000;&#19978;.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom