• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets make a Get Well card for Satoru Iwata!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is a fantastic idea, and I hope he can receive the card. I can't contribute right now, but if everyone's posting their Miis I can do that too later, maybe along with a "get well" message.

LoveCake

As GAF is the biggest & best games forum on the interweb we should send something.

I will sort something out when i get home from work in a hour or so.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Edit:

Full sized:
GT1k332.png

300x225:
TECl7BO.png

200x150:
919GXq1.png

Samurai_Heart hooked me up these because he's a good guy.

Edit2:

If we do the Miiverse idea, then I did this:

zlCfzSFgcucTbMOKOz

And my Mii again, oops:
18f8e0rkxder6_normal_face.png

MattyG

Banned
2thiqjd4rt5vf_normal_face.png

Here's my Mii. He looks kinda funny, but he's alright.

I have no photo editing skills, so I'll just have to leave it at "Get well soon, Mr. Iwata!"

Here's my mii.

Mii.png

I used my Wii U to get the image so I had to re-size it as it was a lot bigger than anybody elses, if it's compressed I can get a bigger version. By the way, I'm a pretty good drawer (not as great as I wish as I was at perspective), I'm slightly less good while using a computer, so if the card needs something more or anything I can help. I also might make a piece of artwork depending on the deadline.

Insaniac

You need to have "From the gaming community: Directly to you!"

Also, I vote a Kirby transformed to look like he copied Iwata/iwata Mii

Mariolee

In case I don't get to photoshop something in time, here's my {terrible} contribution.

799Fxip.png

You need to have "From the gaming community: Directly to you!"

Also, I vote a Kirby transformed to look like he copied Iwata/iwata Mii

I wanted to do this so bad but no photoshop for me. :(

Whats wrong with him? Hope hes ok.

Nintendo said recently that he was missing E3 due to health. He announced today that he had an operation to remove a growth from his bile duct. Naturally there's speculation as to the nature of the growth, but he says it was found early, and I think everyone's pretty optimistic he'll make a full recovery.

test_account

XP-39C²
I dont have any pictures or anything to contribute with unfortunately, but i just wanted to say that this thread is a good initiative :)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps it would be good to contact someone at HQ and inform them in advance of this card to make sure it actually reaches Mr. Iwata?

Rösti;118015274 said:
Perhaps it would be good to contact someone at HQ and inform them in advance of this card to make sure it actually reaches Mr. Iwata?

In the past, Nintendo of America has done a good job forwarding this kind of fan stuff to the appropriate offices.

Maybe it would be the best bet to contact someone there.

Cuburt

Posting in the thread to subscribe since I want to be part of this. Will edit this with my contribution when I get a chance.

You know another idea would be to take all the pictures people create, make a huge collage of them and then put all our Mii's around them as a border. If we get enough that is.

Kater

Banned
Maybe I can also contribute in some form, if my Paint skills aren't too rusted already, ha.

q2xtw83eeqfc_happy_fansjll.png

q2xtw83eeqfc_normal_feukde.png

In the mean time, feel free to use my Mii in the collage.

Edit:
Here is my best shot at a quick doodle, made in MS Paint:

kirbygetwellsooniwatallkq0.png

Made another one:

miigetwellsooniwata1rmsc9.png

Choose whichever one you (card maker) like more.

How do you get the picture of your Mii?

There should be an option in the main menu of both the 3DS and the Wii U Mii Makers.

Also, I have an idea for a drawing, but it may be too general Nintendo, like it would have Kirby in there and more but it wouldn't be pulling from just Iwata-based Nintendo games. Not sure if I should make it or not.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
23e5m3v06bpqu_normal_face.png

Maybe my NNID Mii isn't quite suitable for this.

I'll come up with something when image sizes are more finalised.

Clefargle

RG0n0wz.png

Best I could muster, should be the correct size, lemme know if any changes are needed.

EDIT: Mii bust for back of card

30c8bv1yd2yqz_normal_face.png

[Second Edit]: Removed username from image, please understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom