• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

rikichi

panda21 said:
coppertown and tubes are a lot better than i was expecting.. both actually look very cool.

you can even swim underwater in tubes.

coppertown looks great.

cant wait to start playing this stage with people.

oh great, johnny just took a shit!

Dave1988

Ilparazzo said:
Oh my god! I could almost buy the damn thing! I see people making servers with it, they are blue and crap on the list... Why won't you take my money Konami WHY?

Y'know, I'm asking myself that question every day.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I got lucky :D

V.V.

VirtuousVista_2.jpg

VirtuousVista_1.jpg

VirtuousVista.jpg

VirtuousVista_4.jpg

VirtuousVista_3.jpg

Johnny can see all traps in a stage, he is a "Trap Otaku". When Johnny gets close to a trap he can disable it via his arm computer by pressing triangle. The trap will disable and become a item that can be picked up by anybody. Johnny does not have a salute, he does a victory pose instead. Johnny cannot use SOP or do CQC. He has access to the XM8 Compact Assault Rifle and the M82A2 Sniper. Johnny freaks out if he causes Friendly Fire.

C.C.

CoppertownConflict.jpg

CoppertownConflict_1.jpg

CoppertownConflict_2.jpg

CoppertownConflict_3.jpg

CoppertownConflict_4.jpg

CoppertownConflict_5.jpg

CoppertownConflict_6.jpg

Meryl has (mastered?) the pistol skill, CQC, and the new wakeup skill, she is a "Fiery Leader". She can wakeup a knocked out teammate with one tap and boost nearby teammates spirits to help them recover Psyche. Meryl has access to the D.E. (L.B.) Primary Hand Gun.

T.T.

TombofTubes.jpg

TombofTubes_1.jpg

TombofTubes_2.jpg

TombofTubes_3.jpg

The last shot is a shot of camo on while playing dead in the water.

Unique characters are a common server setting. If you enable them you have to choose a unique character for red and one for blue. Only Johnny and Meryl are currently available.

Killthee

Survival Lobby's info (currently closed for matches, will only be open during weekends from 18:00 to 22:00 [PDT I'm guessing])...

Rewards:

Participation: 30
1 win: 50
2 wins: 150
3 wins: 200
4 wins: 250
5 wins: 500

The rules are:
12 Players
FF On
Unique Char Off
Enemy Nametags On
Silent Mode Off
Auto Teams Off
Team Switch Positions On
Ghost Pranks Off
TK Kick Off

Survival is not a new rule, it's just a gameplay mode. You play all the other rules (TDM, Res, Cap, Base, Sne, TSNE) and the last one standing wins. Time limit for all rules is 5 minutes with 2 rounds and 20 tickets for TDM/Extra time off for Cap.

Instead of making a room you make a team. Up to 5 other players can join your team. You then compete against another team. There's also a Survival Match List that list all the currently engaged teams in Survival Matches.

Ephemeris

Killthee said:
Survival Lobby's info (currently closed for matches, will only be open during weekends from 18:00 to 22:00 [PDT I'm guessing])...

Rewards:

Participation: 30
1 win: 50
2 wins: 150
3 wins: 200
4 wins: 250
5 wins: 500

The rules are:
12 Players
FF On
Unique Char Off
Enemy Nametags On
Silent Mode Off
Auto Teams Off
Team Switch Positions On
Ghost Pranks Off
TK Kick Off

Survival is not a new rule, it's just a gameplay mode. You play all the other rules (TDM, Res, Cap, Base, Sne, TSNE) and the last one standing wins. Time limit for all rules is 5 minutes with 2 rounds and 20 tickets for TDM/Extra time off for Cap.

Instead of making a room you make a team. Up to 5 other players can join your team. You then compete against another team. There's also a Survival Match List that list all the currently engaged teams in Survival Matches.

Awesome. And thanks for the pics :D

Killthee said:
Death Cam and Player Kill/Stun Notification List Off.

Have played any matches as of yet?.. on the maps. The sewer map looks awesome. Meh, I can't even attempt to purchase it, I forgot my password and answer to my secret question.. waiting on customer support to send me my info.

Lame. So much trouble just for an expansion pack.

Killthee

Assembly Required said:
Have played any matches as of yet?.. on the maps. The sewer map looks awesome. Meh, I can't even attempt to purchase it, I forgot my password and answer to my secret question.. waiting on customer support to send me my info.

Lame. So much trouble just for an expansion pack.
Can't find anybody to play with ;_;

Guled

alright, this is really retarded. I tried to buy this but then it said "TRANSACTION UNSUCCESFUL", but I still got charged and did not get the stuff. On top of that,I checked my transaction history and it shows I bought it and I don't have it. This is really stupid.

Killthee

Guled said:
alright, this is really retarded. I tried to buy this but then it said "TRANSACTION UNSUCCESFUL", but I still got charged and did not get the stuff. On top of that,I checked my transaction history and it shows I bought it and I don't have it. This is really stupid.
Have you logged off the game and then relogged on? I had to do that for the Codec Pack to work.

Indeed

By the way ive seen a new title today - Chameleon "Prefers TeamSneaking Rules"

edit: While we are at it.

Tortoise - Uses Box alot.
Pidgeon - Prefers not to kill.

You can probably cross Rat from the list Noz, as its not possible to get that title anymore.

Gallenn

I keep entering my Konami ID with the right password to access the shop (confirmed working with id.konami.net) and it keeps saying that my ID or password is wrong.
Is everyone else having the same problem ?? :X

Indeed

Gallenn said:
I keep entering my Konami ID with the right password to access the shop (confirmed working with id.konami.net) and it keeps saying that my ID or password is wrong.

Yes. Had this problem about an hour ago, entered my ID and PW and the store rejected me. Tried again one minute later with the exact same data and it worked.

->> try it again tomorrow when the server isnt sweating balls.

itxaka

Defeatist
Gallenn said:

yes, I came to post the same. Fuck konami, they didn´t get it on the beta, you gotta be prepared for this!

Killthee

Nozdeuce said:
*cough* check the OP
:lol You missed one ^_^;

But then again I think everybody missed that post ;_; I didn't get any friend request, so I figured nobody was interested (that's the reason why I haven't hosted a dedicated server in weeks).

More Pics!

V.V.

VirtuousVista_1.jpg

VirtuousVista.jpg

Grenade launcher!

VirtuousVista_2.jpg

VirtuousVista_3.jpg

VirtuousVista_4.jpg

Johnny's FF freakout.

C.C.

CoppertownConflict_5.jpg

CoppertownConflict_3.jpg

Lot's of Sniping locations in this map....

CoppertownConflict.jpg

CoppertownConflict_1.jpg

CoppertownConflict_2.jpg

Johnny's attempt at CQC (he's awful at it!)

T.T.

TombofTubes.jpg

TombofTubes_1.jpg

TombofTubes_2.jpg

TombofTubes_4.jpg

TombofTubes_3.jpg

GA-KO going for a swim.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Indeed said:
By the way ive seen a new title today - Chameleon "Prefers TeamSneaking Rules"

edit: While we are at it.

Tortoise - Uses Box alot.
Pidgeon - Prefers not to kill.

You can probably cross Rat from the list Noz, as its not possible to get that title anymore.
Done. Thanks, I kinda gave up on updating titles :p

Killthee said:
:lol You missed one ^_^;

But then again I think everybody missed that post ;_; I didn't get any friend request, so I figured nobody was interested (that's the reason why I haven't hosted a dedicated server in weeks).
Uhh, I for one was mostly confused :(
<3 you hosting

Edit: added to OP

Killthee

Nozdeuce said:
Done. Thanks, I kinda gave up on updating titles :p

Uhh, I for one was mostly confused :(
<3 you hosting

Edit: added to OP
Basically a separate ID for a dedicated server everybody could add to their friend list. If the ID is online you know for sure a server is up without having to log in into the game. It's the same concept Oatmeal had for his server (the offline/online image) only instead of an image and this thread, we would use the In-Game XMB and the friend list.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Killthee said:
Basically a separate ID for a dedicated server everybody could add to their friend list. If the ID is online you know for sure a server is up without having to log in into the game. It's the same concept Oatmeal had for his server (the offline/online image) only instead of an image and this thread, we would use the In-Game XMB and the friend list.
Ahh kay. We should definitely discuss this a bit more after we get past the expansion debacle, it sounds like a great idea. Though for now it'll prolly get lost in the noise (if not your own sea of awesome pictures)

Indeed said:
God just remembered another one:

Night Owl - Often wears ENVG

I think these are all.
Added, thanks :D

LowParry

Metalmurphy said:
Argh, stop posting pics!! I don't wanna buy an overpriced expansion pack.

You mean like the Halo 3 maps? COD4 maps? Gears of War maps? Sure. 360 it's 800 points. But then you're forced to buy additional points at 1200. Either way, it's not a rip of to what you're really getting.

Indeed

CcrooK said:
You mean like the Halo 3 maps? COD4 maps? Gears of War maps? Sure. 360 it's 800 points. But then you're forced to buy additional points at 1200. Either way, it's not a rip of to what you're really getting.

Bit offtopic but whats he MSpoints to Dollar/Euro ratio?

1000Points = 10$?

LowParry

Indeed said:
Bit offtopic but whats he MSpoints to Dollar/Euro ratio?

1000Points = 10$?

To the dollar, 1200 is $12.50

So yeah. 800 is about $10. But with those games I examples, those were for just maps only.

Flo_Evans

MF >_< I got to the final confirmation page then it 404'd. Who made this POS site anyway? It's made for ie7 or something not the POS PS3 browser. :(

itxaka

Defeatist
damn the people, they are all idiots.

I created a cqc only match to level up and a few guys entering and we were doing it great since fucktards starting to broke in, shoot, knife everybody and such (¬_¬) fucking hell.

Also, commands for the match?

/vote kick nickname for kicking?
/kick nickname?

Ilparazzo

Killthee said:

You sure about this? Because I just went to the rewards ranking and there is just ONE guy there with 105 reward points and it says he played 2 rounds of survival, and I'm a bit tired but I don't think it's a weekend yet...

itxaka said:
damn the people, they are all idiots.

I created a cqc only match to level up and a few guys entering and we were doing it great since fucktards starting to broke in, shoot, knife everybody and such (¬_¬) fucking hell.

Also, commands for the match?

/vote kick nickname for kicking?
/kick nickname?

You should have put weapon restrictons then. just go in the common settings tab and choose the weapons you want to lock.
And I dont know about written commands since I use the thingies in the host part of the start menu.

EDIT: What the hell is wrong with these guys? They just don't know what they are doing do they?

While server capacity for myKONAMI has been increased greatly, it still unfortunately unable to deal with the extremely high levels of access which we have seen since the release of "GENE EXPANSION".
Therefore, we have introduced an IP restriction which will allow a limited number of customers to access the shop. The IP restrictions will be applied to random IP ranges which will change on an hourly basis.
If the maintenance screen is shown when trying to enter the MGO shop, this would indicate that your IP address is blocked for 1 hour. This restriction has been imposed to allow a number of customers to make purchases under controlled ascess and will not be implemented on a permanent basis.

We would like to once again apologize for the prolonged inconveniences.

They learned nothing from the beta... Who is willing to bet they will do the same crap next time there is an expansion?
Also, the only time I could get in the shop it went bananas on me so I waited a bit, and then my IP was banned for an hour? REALLY KONAMI, REALLY?

itxaka

Defeatist
Therefore, we have introduced an IP restriction which will allow a limited number of customers to access the shop. The IP restrictions will be applied to random IP ranges which will change on an hourly basis.

The fuck?

I am wondering if I should open 100 tabs pointed to the shop and use reloadevery every 5 seconds so they are more fucked and get a clue of what to do next time.

Killthee

Nozdeuce said:
Uhh, so what do we do if we get the "Purchase Unsuccessful" notice again?
I got that, tried again, and then it worked. It doesn't seem like they charged me twice....

Top Bottom