• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper Countdown Site Launched (DeNA x iOSquare Enix)

Final Fantasy... Record Keeper? I can't imagine what sort of game this could be, but I'm so damn deprived I can't help but long for it regardless.

Boney

Banned
You're the save Moggle and you gotta get to where the heroes are going before hand so they can save their progress, with all of the hardships it involves

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
It will become a mobile only franchise at this rate.

Gamers are buying them, that's the problem :D that said I doubt a publisher so huge could even survive with just small iOS/Mobage/Ect. releases. They're in for easy cash but that's it. They also need to multi-million sellers if they want to remain relevant for decades. They're now working on a mix of both (small tier games, mid-tier games, huge AAA tier games) so I can say I'm pretty satisfied with their output.

Takao

Banned
The site is live now.

Famitsu got some screenshots: http://app.famitsu.com/20140717_411654/
rr9sDtX.jpg
O8aO9jw.jpg

vkYJZKa.jpg
ddMwV2z.jpg

rV9l5Di.jpg

gJrnSyC.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Attack and defend for free. Use magic and healing with magic scrolls, when can be obtained normally through play but can also be bought. Or unleash a Limit Break for $0.99.

That's what I a when I see those images.

If it's all just classic fights with a best of team, it could be neat. At least, it looks like what I had hoped All the Bravest would have been. I still don't trust SE much with Final Fantasy themed mobile games, though.

Or unleash a Limit Break for $0.99.

Those are thunder and cure under the 99. Presumably indicating 99 of each.
Armor Break and Mental Break have the 4s above.

Zomba13

Well shitty mobile games must be working out for them seeing how often they throw game after game at the platform. Gotta love micro-transactions =/

Are they just making the same game with the same assets and a couple of tweaks to the mechanics? This reminds me of All The Bravest and the other recent one.

dramatis

Gamers are buying them, that's the problem :D that said I doubt a publisher so huge could even survive with just small iOS/Mobage/Ect. releases. They're in for easy cash but that's it. They also need to multi-million sellers if they want to remain relevant for decades. They're now working on a mix of both (small tier games, mid-tier games, huge AAA tier games) so I can say I'm pretty satisfied with their output.
'Small' iOS/Mobage releases? Puzzle & Dragons net GungHo over $1 billion in revenue. It's not only easy money, it's also lower cost and shorter turnaround, things that SE's management could probably handle, as opposed to HD development. If SE produces a hit, it's not only a multimillion seller, it'll probably earn more than its previous FF games.

Right now in Japan, if you want to be relevant you have to be on mobile. That's where the home market is going, that's where Japanese devs are going to go. If Square deems FF HD development is not getting the kinds of returns it wants from the foreign market, then they will just turn away from the foreign market.

I like the concept. I would play that, if the F2P model isn't broken.

When has it not been broken?

Serious question.

Is there a game that lets you level up at a normal (console game like) time frame without having to pay or wait to get over the 12-24hr play delays

Aru

When has it not been broken?

Serious question.

Is there a game that lets you level up at a normal (console game like) time frame without having to pay or wait to get over the 12-24hr play delays

If you have to pay for costumes or to unlock characters faster, it's not broken.

The sprites actually look pretty nice.

If it's not an All The Bravest type disaster, I wouldn't mind giving this a spin.

pixlexic

Banned
Looks like the theme revolves about a scholar keeping records of FF events, but those dissappearing and needing to be recovered - still, the records were already incomplete for lack of XI...
I guess they prefer to handle records of games that are functionally "closed"...

pretty cool that there are sprites for the 3d games.

Top Bottom