• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Considering “Further Expansions” of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth’s Hit New Card Game, Queen’s Blood, Because of Strong Positive Feedback

ppL4JGV.jpeg

In a recent interview with Red Bull, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi answered various questions that are mostly general and should be familiar to readers who have read the latest interviews featuring him.

However, the interview’s end contains a brief potential tease that may excite fans. Hamaguchi stated that while the team doesn’t have any future plans for the hit Queen’s Blood card game, they are considering “further expansions as a possibility.”

The wording of this is understandably vague, as it could imply anything. Some fans have even been asking for a mobile game of Queen’s Blood on its own, which may honestly perform pretty well. Everyone I’ve seen play Rebirth has fallen in love with this card game, rivaling Triple Triad.

You can view the relevant response below:

Tell us more about the Queen’s Blood card game. How many cards are there and are there plans for new cards to be added?​

There are 145 cards in total. We haven’t decided anything in terms of future development for Queen’s Blood, but so far, the media who played it have provided very positive feedback on it, so we want to consider further expansions as a possibility.

You can view Red Bull’s full interview for additional questions and answers.

saintjules

My favorite part of Queens Blood is when I thought I was forced into the tournament in the ship but a second later I was able to drop out.

I have negative interest in these card games. 🤷

At first I didn't like the idea of a card game but as I got more into it I enjoyed it quite a bit. Has a bit of 'Chess' to it which is what I've played over the years.

As far as card games within games go, this one isn’t too bad, but I generally have a distaste for card based mini games within games.

Triple Triad was good because it was quick and snappy and simple.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is Square Enix we're talking about... you know they're going to release a physical Queen's Blood card game* and keep milking it for probably years.

*Japan only, as is tradition.

I don’t like card games, but enjoy this one.

I don’t want it to be an own game such as Gwen and neither do I need it as a DLC. The best case scenario for me would be if they refine it and include it in the last part of the Remake trilogy.

fart town usa

Gold Member
At first I didn't like the idea of a card game but as I got more into it I enjoyed it quite a bit. Has a bit of 'Chess' to it which is what I've played over the years.
Yea, I'm sure it's fun. I just don't want to have to learn a gameplay loop outside of the main game. I've been skipping all side content in rebirth, I'm 100% in it for the main story and nothing else.

SCB3

I like it a lot but its so dependant on getting a good starting hand, so many times I've had to reset.

Honestly its more a puzzle game than a card game for the most part (and sure enough there is a puzzle mode in the game as well)

I like it a lot but its so dependant on getting a good starting hand, so many times I've had to reset.

Honestly its more a puzzle game than a card game for the most part (and sure enough there is a puzzle mode in the game as well)
Exactly, it’s a Puzzle game disguised as a card game. It has the trading card element of collecting different cards but in essence it’s more puzzle than deck building. It’s not hard making an overpowered deck and steamroll 90% of the content. There’s a few guides out there, but aside from the quirky games that break the rules, you can make one very strong deck with basic cards and use that to push that story forward.

Yea, I'm sure it's fun. I just don't want to have to learn a gameplay loop outside of the main game. I've been skipping all side content in rebirth, I'm 100% in it for the main story and nothing else.
As much as I want to see how the story unfolds, I’m really enjoying my time with these characters wishing this game never ends, so I’m going out of my way to explore every corner of the region and doing as much content as I can before moving forward in the main path.

I think this game is more about the journey than the destination, as I’m sure it’s impossible for Square Enix to satisfactorily conclude this story, so the longer I get to that point the better. Please no spoilers! I’m avoiding as much as possible.

Thi is what I feel too, my whole strategy revolves around Chocobo + Moogle, if I don't get it on the first or second draw I just reset. You should be able to lock in a starting card, would make the deck building more interesting.

Top Bottom