• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix appoints new executive officers – Naoki Hamaguchi, Naoki Yoshida, Yosuke Saito, Tomoya Asano, and more (Famous devs join executive ranks)

Square-Enix-Officers_04-02-24-768x432.jpg

Source - Gematsu

Square Enix has appointed a number of new executive officers as of April 1, 2024, including Final Fantasy VII Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi, Final Fantasy XIV producer and director Naoki Yoshida, NieR series producer Yosuke Saito, Team Asano head Tomoya Asano, and more.

The full list of newly appointed executive officers is as follows:
  • Takashi Kiryu
  • Tomoya Asano
  • Tomoyoshi Osaki
  • Tsuneto Okuno
  • Yoshinori Kitase
  • Yosuke Saito
  • Ryutaro Sasaki
  • Hideaki Sato
  • Takamasa Shiba
  • Hajime Seki
  • Takeshi Nozue
  • Naoki Hamaguchi
  • Takayuki Hamada
  • Kei Hirono
  • Katsuyoshi Matsuura
  • Atsushi Matsuda
  • Yuu Miyake
  • Naoki Yoshida

Takamasa Shiba was a producer on the Drakengard games so Danjin44 Danjin44 maybe something is about to happen. 👀 Yosuke Saito is on the list too, so perhaps we'll be getting another big Yoko Taro game soon, right?! :lollipop_pensive:

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Hopefully someone can greenlight a remaster of Brave Fencer Musashi. It's a hidden PS1-gem that needs to be in the limelight again. They've re-released so many of their PS1 classics but this game just doesn't get any recognition at all. Same with Xenogears and Parasite Eve. How fucking hard can it be to port over a PS1-game to current gen? Should take a couple of days tops.

paolo11

noob question but since hamaguchi got promoted to officer, does he still direct part 3? I sure hope so.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Square-Enix-Officers_04-02-24-768x432.jpg

Source - Gematsu

Square Enix has appointed a number of new executive officers as of April 1, 2024, including Final Fantasy VII Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi, Final Fantasy XIV producer and director Naoki Yoshida, NieR series producer Yosuke Saito, Team Asano head Tomoya Asano, and more.

The full list of newly appointed executive officers is as follows:
  • Takashi Kiryu
  • Tomoya Asano
  • Tomoyoshi Osaki
  • Tsuneto Okuno
  • Yoshinori Kitase
  • Yosuke Saito
  • Ryutaro Sasaki
  • Hideaki Sato
  • Takamasa Shiba
  • Hajime Seki
  • Takeshi Nozue
  • Naoki Hamaguchi
  • Takayuki Hamada
  • Kei Hirono
  • Katsuyoshi Matsuura
  • Atsushi Matsuda
  • Yuu Miyake
  • Naoki Yoshida
Maybe that is why their bottom line isn't as profitable as they would like.

Hudo

I am just happy that Tetsuya Nomura is not on the list. He has far too much power already.

Go_Ly_Dow

noob question but since hamaguchi got promoted to officer, does he still direct part 3? I sure hope so.
I think whoever directs part 3 isn't related to whether their an executive or not. I personally think the director for part 3 will be Nomura or maybe even Kitase.

As long as it's not Motomu Toriyama.... 🤮

Top Bottom