• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

HORRORSHØW

still no clan tag :(

BtMDW8_CEAAh_3F.jpg:large

Kayant

Can't wait hope it runs well on X360.....

Is the amazon trick still working? Wanted to do it and giveaway some code to some people and friends.

Step

So I played through the whole Devil's Lair, kill that tank boss and I got kicked out just after I did the final blow because of connection issues, God Bless Movistar
I hate this crap of ISP
: (

GavinUK86

Grimløck;122228074 said:
still no clan tag :(

BtMDW8_CEAAh_3F.jpg:large

I've had problems getting my clan tag to show up too. Anyone know how to get it to show up?

It seems to be just a random bug. Mine didn't show up the first day of the beta but then it showed up the next.

Oh. That's different from a hiatus, unless he's from a part of a world where they call the break between seasons a hiatus. I was confused.

Yeah I can see your confusion. Hiatus can mean off for an undisclosed time for some people.

Crumbtiny

So just to be sure when downloading on XB1. Don't start the app when it says "Ready to Start." Correct? Just let the download finish. When it's done though and you launch it, will it be the full beta then or just the installer like on PS4?

Syrus

Banned
sold 5 codes for 6$ after fees. MONEY!. lol but really sold my extra codes plus this game will be free thanks to gamestop giveaway, love it

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
any of the PS4 users notice that if you kill a decent number of enemies in an area for a while, the area gets flooded with tougher enemies in response now?

i was doing the rocketyard farming stuff and in that back corner leading to the kings area, fallen just started spawning relentlessly i handled it thinking that i'd simply triggered a faulty spawn or something but when i circled back to the entrance of the area i noticed that it was loaded with lvl 9s, majors, and they were spawning fast enough to replenish their numbers really quickly

i wasn't alone, luckily, but shit got really real

BLCKATK

Sooo DestinyGAF. finally I will be joining you guys, though unfortunately on Xbox 360. Any other GAF players on 360? I would definitely love to get some experience with some forum members. My client is currently downloading but I thought I would get started early.

majik13

Anyone else that played on both notice that the PS4 version feels "heavier"? Can't tell if its the game or controller differences, but the game feels lighter on XB1. I thought it might have been a beta update, but after going back to PS4 after XB1 to try it out, turning still feels a lot heavier on PS4 to me.

Curious what others think who have played both.

settings senstivity difference? Doesnt xbox(not sure on One) have system wide user control settings, maybe that is causing the difference.

Ridley327

How do people get capes on the Hunter class?

That specific one is from Saladin, the Iron Banner vendor that opens up when the Iron Banner event is live. You need to be rank 1 with the Iron Banner stuff (basically, win 4 matches) so you can unlock it for purchase for 2000 glimmer. I don't think there are any full-size capes that drop in the beta otherwise, but there are some really nice-looking half-capes to find.

Lima

Interesting that Xbox Live Gold is required to even download the beta on Xbox. Wonder if the full version is gonna be like on Playstation where you can play the story with your fireteam without gold.

I didn't know that, that's pretty fucking great,

I transferred a Sparrow I bought into my vault and had a new character take it. This was before the story mission where you get your first Sparrow. But because I had the new Sparrow already, I didn't get the default one you were supposed to get from the machine your Ghost scans. Just a warning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Interesting that Xbox Live Gold is required to even download the beta on Xbox. Wonder if the full version is gonna be like on Playstation where you can play the story with your fireteam without gold.
I downloaded the beta on a Silver account, no trial activated.

Lima

I downloaded the beta on a Silver account, no trial activated.

Okay. So then it's weird that Bungie put it in their FAQ. My bad then. Are you able to play the story missions with other people with silver?

You can do that on PS4?

Well yeah only the strike, raid and PvP stuff requires PS+ on PS4. All story missions and explore mode can be played in coop without PS+.

Uiki

I got a 14 days trials on 360. They let me download the beta and now it says that I can't play without full gold.

Such bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom