• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metfanant

I just hope Bungie extends the beta at least for us xbox peeps

You're already getting an extension by being able to play today...

Extending it any longer (unless its for the PS as well) would then take away the "bonus" for PlayStation peeps..it was known ahead of time that the PS platforms would have a longer beta..

Magwik

Banned
All I know is that the MP map on the moon is like my anti-drug. Can never have a good game on it, while on the one on Mars(?) I grab a shotty and snag around 3K points a game.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I hate the moon one, its the overpowered vehicles that destroy it for me.

I think this game has the best spawn system because I dont even notice it, I am not complaining about it like most shooters, so its doing something right.

Played for about 2 hours and now I'm done for the night, I'm expecting no more than 1 hour every night when the retail drop. Either 1 hour straight, two 30 minute bursts, or random pop in to buy items or do an announced event. Last year of university haha, I remember when my friends and I would get 48 hours of straight video games back in high school.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay. So then it's weird that Bungie put it in their FAQ. My bad then. Are you able to play the story missions with other people with silver?
Don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure it won't let you play with your firetime/selectively bypass the paywall. Even that I don't really understand on PS+. Sounds kind of bullshit to subscribers.

I transferred a Sparrow I bought into my vault and had a new character take it. This was before the story mission where you get your first Sparrow. But because I had the new Sparrow already, I didn't get the default one you were supposed to get from the machine your Ghost scans. Just a warning.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Lima

Don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure it won't let you play with your firetime/selectively bypass the paywall. Even that I don't really understand on PS+. Sounds kind of bullshit to subscribers.

Well it's something that Bungie figured out with Sony. I guess that Microsoft would allow it too but going with what Uiki said it seems not.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Titan's jet pack stops if I go into ADS? That's just fucking stupid.

Uiki

Well it's something that Bungie figured out with Sony. I guess that Microsoft would allow it too but going with what Uiki said it seems not.

It's crazy because the faq clearly stated that trial accounts are working.

I'm not buying a month to play a beta >_>

You're already getting an extension by being able to play today...

Extending it any longer (unless its for the PS as well) would then take away the "bonus" for PlayStation peeps..it was known ahead of time that the PS platforms would have a longer beta..

yeah spending an entire day downloading sure feels like an extension just imagine if they didn't give us the beta a day early.

yes I already knew about PlayStation having a longer beta, yeah sorry for hoping they'd give us a few extra days to play

but whatever I guess I better enjoy what little i can play

WTF my download corrupted!!! sigh

Navy Bean

Wait, the PS4 version is also back online? So I can play Destiny PS4 while downloading Destiny X1? Honestly, this might be a new low for me...lol.

Trickster

So has anything changed in the beta after it went back up? Just took a look, and I can't see anything new or different. Moon still not available, and nothing new seems to have been added in the Tower or Old Russia.

GavinUK86

Wait, the PS4 version is also back online? So I can play Destiny PS4 while downloading Destiny X1? Honestly, this might be a new low for me...lol.

tumblr_ls39k9mmN11qzxmpj.jpg

Play your PS4 through your Xbox One.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Okay, I must have deleted the beta app because it's not on my PS4 dash anymore. How the fuck do I redownload?

Lima

Wow, that sucks.

If the full game doesn't require it, why the beta?

We don't know if the full version on Xbox is gonna let you play story in coop without Gold.

We are assuming that because that's how it's on Playstation.

Microsoft is a lot more boneheaded when it comes to this stuff so maybe everything requires Gold on Xbox.

If I put my XB1 on standby it will still download?

Bungie and those dedicated download apps -_-

If you mean Instant On, yes it will continue to download.

Well, I got to 60% and now my download is refusing to continue unless I keep the installer open.

Corruption most likely imminent. Please just let this be a lesson to every other developer. Don't get all fancy with your special installer and shit. Keep it simple.

majik13

so, anyone know what is acceptable for the clan tags? It keeps telling me that my tag or name is unaceptable. But doesn't say why.

I have used this tag/name for pretty much every game that has clans. It looks somewhat simliar to a in some cases "bad word" but isnt. Just wondering if it is maybe just too short as well? i cant find any guidlines anywhere, and i dont want to try too many variations in case one sticks, and I cant change it.

pixlexic

Banned
ehh im going to be mad at the final xbone version I know. 900p looks almost as good as 1080p because of the way they are doing AA but its much smoother than the ps4 version.
whens its 1080p i bet that smoothness go away :(.

vypek

Fuck that shitty ass map, first light. Holy shit its way different and ruins the flow of PvP. Please let the final version exclude maps. I spawned next to a guy who killed me who activated his golden gun and killed me straight away. And my super cant even beat the tank?

Bad lag too. tank was teleporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom