• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

Is everyone showing as dgaf or just the regional clan they set?

Regional

OOnwPN1.jpg

ehh im going to be mad at the final xbone version I know. 900p looks almost as good as 1080p because of the way they are doing AA but its much smoother than the ps4 version.
whens its 1080p i bet that smoothness go away :(.

Shadows look rougher to you? Playing through the opening, the first long hallway with enemies, i notices the shadows cast by the enemies seemed a little less refine.

However, no time too switch on the PS4 and compare, too much goodness to be had on XB1 regardless.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Remote play Destiny on your Vita!

Look in your Library and redownload it from there.

Nope. It's not giving me the "download" button.

I even checked the Alpha file and it lets me download it, or at least has the download button available.

Has to be a bug.

FUCK!

I got a 14 days trials on 360. They let me download the beta and now it says that I can't play without full gold.

Such bullshit.

Wow, I was just about to try to redeem the 14 trial that came with my system. I guess I need to just buy another year, where tha dealz at?

Fuck that shitty ass map, first light. Holy shit its way different and ruins the flow of PvP. Please let the final version exclude maps. I spawned next to a guy who killed me who activated his golden gun and killed me straight away. And my super cant even beat the tank?

Bad lag too. tank was teleporting

wat. A super can easily beat an interceptor. So can heavy weapons. Try using the turrets on it too

also deej said the interceptor setup wont be the same at launch

Step

So I just dropped a SAHARA-AR2, man that things is deadly and is not really hard to control, it feels like shooting lazer because of how high the Fire rate is.

Portugeezer

We don't know if the full version on Xbox is gonna let you play story in coop without Gold.

We are assuming that because that's how it's on Playstation.

Microsoft is a lot more boneheaded when it comes to this stuff so maybe everything requires Gold on Xbox.

Oh, right, I thought it was confirmed that the shared world/co-op stuff would work without Gold. But I see what you mean.

Fuck that shitty ass map, first light. Holy shit its way different and ruins the flow of PvP. Please let the final version exclude maps. I spawned next to a guy who killed me who activated his golden gun and killed me straight away. And my super cant even beat the tank?

Supers -at least the golden gun- can take out a tank in two hits.

vypek

wat. A super can easily beat an interceptor. So can heavy weapons. Try using the turrets on it too

also deej said the interceptor setup wont be the same at launch

Then I suspect it was due to heavy lag in that particular match. It was way worse. At a point, an interceptor was bounding from place to place without smooth motion. I thought it was changed or something because I thought I killed an interceptor with a super in the alpha

Supers -at least the golden gun- can take out a tank in two hits.

Okay, I'll have to take the fact that it didnt work as me shooting where it displayed the interceptor had been

Navy Bean

Downloading Destiny X1 and just turned on the PS4 and got hit with a software update. Fuck it, I'm gonna stream a movie too to Beta Stress test my Internet. 2 can play at this game Bungie!

Then I suspect it was due to heavy lag in that particular match. It was way worse. At a point, an interceptor was bounding from place to place without smooth motion. I thought it was changed or something because I thought I killed an interceptor with a super in the alpha

If you're seeing stuff like interceptors not taking any damage from supers or turrets, that is lag.

You have so much time to kill someone who activates golden gun in front of you, I don't know how you got killed.

I don't know what the words you are speaking mean.

Loginius

After playing the first two missions on xboxone after playing the ps4 version since the beta launched this are the only differences I noticed:

-aliasing is much worse on xboxone (this is probably because the beta runs in 900p and therefore should be already fixed int he most recent build)
-shadows are lower resolution in some areas (this is very noticable in the tower by the ship vendor, they are almost the same in the open world tho which seems very strange)
-by default the game was much darker, upping the ingame gamma fixed this

-imo the controller on xboxone is just way better. Rumble is more diverse, aiming is more precise and pressing the sticks for sprinting etc. feels better. This was the first time I noticed you can single fire with the assault rifle if you pull the trigger and instantly let it go again (this might be me, it probably works on ps4 but the "stickier" triggers didnt lead to me discovering this), why are there other rifles in this game? ar can now single shot, burst shot and auto fire...
Using the "View" button instead of the "touchpad" isnt as nice though because its so small. (Im still hoping for real touch support on ps4, that would be awesome)

-loading times seemed to be way shorter, but I havent tried the ps4 version since the most recent patch which seems tho have improved loading times.

Damn, now I cant decide which version to buy...
Slightly better looks and dlc first or the version with the imo better controls and also imo better online service.
What exactly was the deal with the dlc? I heard something about 1 Year waiting on xbox?
That would probably seal the deal for me, I cant wait that long.

Afrodium

Banned
So I started as Titan but didn't really get a feel for the PvP until I played Warlock. I just started playing Titan again to see if I'd like the class now that I knew what I was doing, and boy do I ever. I'm wrecking. I'll never leave you again, Titan.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I take it our xbox friends can play now too? Wait system update? Boo!! Does this add anything? Also is it true our progress in pvp is reset?

GamerSoul

haha, you can dance or just chill and take a seat. randomness

edit: yea it looks just a bit rough on the 360 but it's expected, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom