• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

You kids want a fighting game that's hard? Try playing Garou, you kiddies'd come crying to me after you see a basic Terry Break combo lol.

Ban Puncher

Maybe it is because i been playing kof for years but it is not that hard to grasp after some practice in training mode.

I don't know why but I got real deep into KOF '97 back in the day. I still don't know why and I've forgotten everything about it.

You kids want a fighting game that's hard? Try playing Garou, you kiddies'd come crying to me after you see a basic Terry Break combo lol.

Sure, wanna come over and play my AES copy?

#neogeo
#ballin

Dingotech

fLCGwGI.png

Well that was an ordeal. Remix bosses kicked my arse multiple times but got lucky and managed to beat them. Hard as nails though and not something I would want to repeat any time soon.

I have no idea have you beat those Remix Bosses, I could barely dent them...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
A couple of people have given me birthday presents, but since its also coincidentally that I was 1 game away from 100. I decided to pick Sub-Zero present as my 100th. I couldn't think of any better game I would want it to be :) So thank you Sub and everyone else who have given me something. You didn't have to and I certainly didn't need anything, but I appreciate your generous thoughts!

You deserve it man. You are one of the nicest people in here and don't let anybody get you down. Unfortunately I couldn't so as I explained to a lot of members/friends who asked me on Steam I will be leaving this site for good as I can't deal with all the insults and personal attacks towards me anymore. I could ignore them at first, but when they became an everyday occurrence and even got off site I couldn't deal with them anymore. I put a lot of trust in this community and it bit me in the back :( I wanted to believe that I never wronged anyone from here. I didn't steal from you, I didn't insult you and the 1000$+ worth of games I've offered were just acts of generosity and I didn't want to show off. If the $5 that I stole from playfire makes me a thief, a criminal and an asshole then I don't know what to say...

As for the ones who are responsible for my departure. You should be proud, maybe give each other a pat in the back. At least you achieved something in your miserable lifes ;)

Farewell

Man, too tired to cook food and too tired to go out and eat.
Seems to be a lazy day, might set up a Sonic and Speedrunners race again tonight.

Anyway, shameless bumping incoming, keys for everyone:

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line.
In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want.
(if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle #2 (Desura) #2 -- MB-B69399DE1B4F194E - Taken by ketditch
//N.P.P.D. RUSH// The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-11D89B327BF60E35
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-2FFA629655C70375 - Taken by Twin Tails
Offspring Fling -- MB-EA9731364E8202FE - Taken by lukiluk
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-E068AA9D5740F635 - Taken by Mikurden
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-8782A7C91C8BFE37 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-565E30D47FA6B617
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-004F786E7F5EBD74
Lume -- MB-52EE4AC578161F17 - Taken by Dusk Golem
ARMA Cold War Assault -- MB-FCDD93E3091CC180
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-808456FE9AFFC7B0
Dungeonland -- MB-2F48C227BDDC6B99
Journey of A Roach -- MB-F7F87F889CEE76BB - Taken by grindamasta
Intrusion 2 -- MB-68C82BFD0884BA01 - Taken by deadflower81
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-551246FADEF69C79 - Taken by ketditch
English Country Tea -- MB-27DBE9325B93D3E3

abracadaver

Mafia 2

I really liked this game

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia 2 -- MB-14D2660CD22B0A1A - Taken by UncleO. 4 entrants total.

t1406391014z1.png

pahamrick

As I say, this challenge is meant to be tough :p to fit the Batman theme. But honestly, if you can figure out which Joker has which venom and where they are at. You just passed the hard part. Figuring out which Joker is the real one, thats the easy part. You have been staring at the answer the entire time without realizing it. You just have to pay attention :)

by the way, I would recommend spending most of the time on the drawing/comic strip since you want them to be as good as possible. the correct answer is just the entrance fee. The drawing is what will determine if you actually win or not :)

I'm in it just to clear the brain teaser, I can't draw for crap (Plus my scanner isn't working, so its not like I could attempt to draw something better on paper and scan it in, anyway).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Interstellar Marines -- MB-D55CA923C46BAF51 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 5 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-0C8431C14D41CC0A - Taken by the_firewithin. 1 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-EF1218FBED4ED3C0 - Taken by Cyan
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-4D76ED4FBA170FEE - Taken by eek5. 4 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-16485160915F4F40 - Taken by super-famicom. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E02A391F9571274D
Cave Story -- MB-1DBF4710BE87C865 - Taken by Cyan. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-FC2844B30384AB09 - Taken by xeris
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-E7CA30936C807D27
VVVVVV -- MB-8877C2532A1D419D
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-92B502DB4C62D9A4 - Taken by Roboleon

t1406401154z1.png

hohoXD123

You deserve it man. You are one of the nicest people in here and don't let anybody get you down. Unfortunately I couldn't so as I explained to a lot of members/friends who asked me on Steam I will be leaving this site for good as I can't deal with all the insults and personal attacks towards me anymore. I could ignore them at first, but when they became an everyday occurrence and even got off site I couldn't deal with them anymore. I put a lot of trust in this community and it bit me in the back :( I wanted to believe that I never wronged anyone from here. I didn't steal from you, I didn't insult you and the 1000$+ worth of games I've offered were just acts of generosity and I didn't want to show off. If the $5 that I stole from playfire makes me a thief, a criminal and an asshole then I don't know what to say...

As for the ones who are responsible for my departure. You should be proud, maybe give each other a pat in the back. At least you achieved something in your miserable lifes ;)

Farewell

Damn, sorry to hear about that. If it's any consolation, I've always thought that you were a pretty cool guy.

Jawmuncher

In regards to street fighter x tekken.
I'm still mad how much they ruined it. This trailer back in the day had gotten me so hyped to finally play it that I was more excited for it than Mass Effect 3.

http://youtu.be/6rCEu0e_Z-0

Those gems though, no revenge bar, and GFWL killed all of my interest. Even worse since I wanted to try the new DLC tekken characters.
So much sadness.

Tektonic

I've only been posting in SteamGAF since the sale thread, but you seem like a cool dude SubZero - and we will all be poorer for your absence.

Tizoc

I'm still mad how much they ruined it. This trailer back in the day had gotten me so hyped to finally play it that I was more excited for it than Mass Effect 3.

Those gems though, no revenge bar, and GFWL killed all of my interest. Even worse since I wanted to try the new DLC tekken characters.
So much sadness.
Gems dont do anythin anymore bro.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
D'oh, apparently I misread The Great War's initial Early Access description: I thought it would remain at $19.99 until July 28th, however that's the date the game formally launches, complete with a $39.99 price tag, and it's since gone up to $29.99. Nothing I can do but wait for a -50% sale, I suppose.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-BF206EA30073370C - Taken by ReduxMachine
To the Moon -- MB-1FE0E1E80A47DC6B - Taken by EdmondD. 4 entrants total.

t1406401454z1.png

Nabs

So much sadness.

The 2013 patch helped fix the game, but the game was dead by then. It took them a year to put it on PC, so there was absolutely no chance for a community. Plus, the netcode is the worst shit ever.

So much sadness.

i wanted to like that game so much but i just couldnt , also i wanted to play with fat megaman but that was was a ps3 exclusive :(

Benedict

Farewell
What... But... Why would... :(

Shadownet

Banned
Happy birthday Shadownet!
Avengers.gif

Haha! omg, saved! This gif is amazing!

Best wishes to you, Shadownet, (plus anyone else celebrating their birthday) and WOWZERS at your amazing giveaway. It's enlightening to see someone giving away gifts on their own birthday.

This is what I posted on my facebook page "The best thing to do on your birthday is to give back something to everyone else. Cause you won't be who you are without the people in your life."

It was about you guys obviously :)

Happy Birthday Shadownet! One of the coolest duders on Gaf, no doubt.
Elizabeth.gif <3
Thank you :D and one of my favorite gifs! <3

Farewell

I'm so sorry you're leaving :( i'll be hoping everyday that you will be coming back to us one day.

I'm in it just to clear the brain teaser, I can't draw for crap (Plus my scanner isn't working, so its not like I could attempt to draw something better on paper and scan it in, anyway).

if you have a smartphone or a camera, take a picture of the drawing and upload it to imgur or something? work just as well :)

Farewell
Welp! :(

I wish you luck in life.

rtcn63

&#8220;Somebody somewhere suffers for any and every advantage we have. Innocent and guilty have lost much of their meaning today, don&#8217;t you think?&#8221;

I'm going back to reading the news.

Shadownet

Banned
Sub Zero is leaving because he felt that some members on SteamGAF was really bothering him about what happened between him and playfire. To the point where they are constantly attacking him on GAF and off-site. He couldn't take it anymore, I never once see him bully any members and he been one of the best role models in SteamGAF since I joined. It's a shame to see him leave because of a little reason like playfire.

But really though, those of you who were attacking him should be ashamed of yourself, you know who you are.

You're really not on my good list anymore, and I haven't dislike anyone on GAF until now.

Farewell

I hate to see you go and pissed at the people who made you feel this way. I'll still reach out to you on Steam. Thanks for all your generosity and what you did for the community here.

Jawmuncher

i wanted to like that game so much but i just couldnt , also i wanted to play with fat megaman but that was was a ps3 exclusive :(

Playing on the vita right now. cold and him sure are cool. I can understand cole but MM should have been available for everyone at some point.

The 2013 patch helped fix the game, but the game was dead by then. It took them a year to put it on PC, so there was absolutely no chance for a community. Plus, the netcode is the worst shit ever.

Man that's a shame to hear. Well at least we have Ultra. Practicing my poison right now.

ShogunX

I have no idea have you beat those Remix Bosses, I could barely dent them...

A lot of persistence and a lot of patience. Managed to get myself in the zone and sweat it out. It took multiple nights and multiple attempts to beat them all but once I beat the first boss it was a case of fuck it, lets beat them all.

Next up - Volgarr and Oniken.

Grief.exe

Sub Zero is leaving because he felt that some members on SteamGAF was really bothering him about what happened between him and playfire. To the point where they are constantly attacking him on GAF and off-site. He couldn't take it anymore, I never once see him bully any members and he been one of the best role models in SteamGAF since I joined. It's a shame to see him leave because of a little reason like playfire.

But really though, those of you who were attacking him should be ashamed of yourself, you know who you are.

You're really not on my good list anymore, and I haven't dislike anyone on GAF until now.

The Monk would not approve of such behaviour.

Thankfully, he is not seeing this or he would be,incredibly disappointed. Which reminds me, I better check in with him today, haven't seen him in a little while.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

oh boy ... Frosty is going to be PISSED when he wakes up :/

Zia

I come and go so this thread is always so alienating. From talk of Yerba mate and an obsession with mediocre Australian actresses to weird drama which I can't actually trace to anywhere (guess it's happening off-site?) Stay weird, Steam thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom