• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
People are always gonna make the comparison.

tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

KePoW

Banned
Hey everyone, I'm kind of a lapsed player who's been having loads of fun with the game recently.
Do we have a supergroup of sorts? I kind of want to try the "endgame" stuff but feel kind of lost.

hi buddie yes we have a guild, leave your MH name here and someone will invite

moop1167

Anyone know why a random hero box would appear in my inventory? I didn't buy one with ES and it was just there. I am not complaining obviously but I thought it was odd. I used it and got a dupe Nightcrawler :(

Also, can someone shoot me an invite today? username is moop1167.

Anyone know why a random hero box would appear in my inventory? I didn't buy one with ES and it was just there. I am not complaining obviously but I thought it was odd. I used it and got a dupe Nightcrawler :(

Also, can someone shoot me an invite today? username is moop1167.

Did you grab some promo code? They occasionally give away hero boxes.

moop1167

Did you grab some promo code? They occasionally give away hero boxes.

I haven't entered any in a week or so.

Are you sure? I tried inviting you and nothing happened, which usually means the name doesn't exist.

Can you even use numbers in your name? I don't think you can.

Let me re-check my name.

Looks like my name is "moopq"

No clue how that is my name as I don't remember even picking it. Any way to change it?

KePoW

Banned
Let me re-check my name.

No clue how that is my name as I don't remember even picking it. Any way to change it?

Haha you're the one who made the name, maybe you just forgot. Not sure if you can change it after the account is created.

Vecks

I haven't entered any in a week or so.

Let me re-check my name.

I've got some good news and some bad news.
The good news... you can change it.
The bad news... not for free.

moop1167

I probably downloaded this game well over a year ago just to try it and picked something random since "moop" was taken I imagine. Oh well, lol. Maybe I'll change it at some point (it's 1000G's). I'd rather spend that on in-game stuff though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So which Team Up should I go with? I have almost 400 Splinters, is it worth saving for the 600 ones?

Drayco21

Finally got all finished moving in to the new place- internet's back, and so is Marvel Heroes. I'm loving Star-Lord- skimming around, it seems that most of the problems people had with him were the element gun being a disappointment? Works for me, since I didn't intend to use it anyway, except maybe for fire every now and then. Still in the early levels, but I'm having a blast with him. Based Helmet all day errey day.

Ken

So which Team Up should I go with? I have almost 400 Splinters, is it worth saving for the 600 ones?

i was reading up on them and it seems like the general idea is any of them are worth getting because you can slap them on any hero but for more specific ones, energy/spirit based use firestar, summon based use magik, melee use spider-man...can't remember the others

Lord Phol

I'm actually reading the 2006 (seems alot of my favorite stuff was released mid 2000) run of Moon Knight atm. About half-way in and I can say for a fact that Moon Knight is in no way or form a Batman-copy. He's an ex-soldier looney who actually enjoys beating the badguys into bloody pulps, first issue even shows him cutting off someones face.

The comic itself is really dark and the writing/art fantastic. Marc Spector is a nutjob, and while I personally don't like him I think he's a really interesting and fun character to read about. From the little I've seen of the Marvel Now runI 'm not going to be dissapointed there either.

Drayco21

I'm actually reading the 2006 (seems alot of my favorite stuff was released mid 2000) run of Moon Knight atm. About half-way in and I can say for a fact that Moon Knight is in no way or form a Batman-copy. He's an ex-soldier looney who actually enjoys beating the badguys into bloody pulps, first issue even shows him cutting off someones face.

The comic itself is really dark and the writing/art fantastic. Marc Spector is a nutjob, and while I personally don't like him I think he's a really interesting and fun character to read about. From the little I've seen of the Marvel Now runI 'm not going to be dissapointed there either.

Both of those runs are fantastic- I just reread through them both this weekend. The 06 run's characterization for Spector and his relationship to Khonshu was just so much fun, and the current book is just really solid all around.

Moon Knight is a criminally underused character, but they made a subtle allusion to him in Winter Soldier, so hopefully that indicates there are plans to put him in more of a spotlight here soon.

Got Star-Lord to 50 on the weekend, starting to get a feel for him now, but it's taken a few re-rolls! Pretty much ignoring the Elemental part of his powers now, just couldn't get a feel for it or micro-manage my build properly enough to be functional.

Got an Unstable Molecule from one of my purple chests and rerolled the Gem of Kursed; Got a much better roll, about 90/93% on the max rolls so I'm happy with that now. Blessed it and threw it on Deadpool.

Finally got around to trying the Raids last night with the Supergroup. I definitely felt like I was underdelivering on DPS (even with what is now, a pretty maxed out meleePool), but that's probably getting down to the pre-52-review limitations, rather than gear.

We took out the twins, but had three failed attempts on Slaag.. Got soooo close twice, but they take SO much time up it's easy to lose interest when you fail too.

Started playing this game again, after not playing for over a year (or longer but I don't remember too well). Last time I played, I didn't even finish the tutorial mission. Mostly because I was Hawkeye, and I really wanted to be Captain America. When I heard that he was now a beginning hero, thought I'd jump back in. This game is really fun, and the first game I've played that's like this. Either it's the game itself, or I really like this genre.

I just
defeated Dr. Doom and am now going to Asgard
. I got enough splitters to do the random hero item, and I got Squirrel Girl. I'm not even mad, because I love Squirrel Girl. Might be able to do another one when I'm done with the story, since I got quite a lot still.

KePoW

Banned

Awesome!! Are you also reading Civil War at the same time? That's what I'm doing

Started playing this game again, after not playing for over a year (or longer but I don't remember too well). Last time I played, I didn't even finish the tutorial mission. Mostly because I was Hawkeye, and I really wanted to be Captain America. When I heard that he was now a beginning hero, thought I'd jump back in. This game is really fun, and the first game I've played that's like this. Either it's the game itself, or I really like this genre.

I just
defeated Dr. Doom and am now going to Asgard
. I got enough splitters to do the random hero item, and I got Squirrel Girl. I'm not even mad, because I love Squirrel Girl. Might be able to do another one when I'm done with the story, since I got quite a lot still.

The original starter heroes were a pretty bad choice for new players and trying to "showcase" their game. I went Hawkeye as well, simply because he was the most appealing of 4 unappealing characters for me. I did run him to level 34 or something, but gave up after that too.

Only been back to the game since Feb/March this year.

The original starter heroes were a pretty bad choice for new players and trying to "showcase" their game. I went Hawkeye as well, simply because he was the most appealing of 4 unappealing characters for me. I did run him to level 34 or something, but gave up after that too.

Only been back to the game since Feb/March this year.

Yeah, funnily enough back in the day 4 out of the 5 starter heroes (Thing, Storm, Scarlet, Daredevil and Hawkeye) were garbage, only Scarlet has always been (and still is) pretty good. By now all but Thing are pretty godlike.
I'm glad they extended the starting roster to now 10, is it? I think it was 9 and then they added Rocket later on?

Anyway, I think most of those characters are good or at least fun. Do they say what character type you're picking? i.e. Colossus is a tank, Black Panther a melee DPS guy, etc.? If not, they really should add that. For some it's obvious but for some like Luke Cage or Rocket it's kinda ambiguous.

VaLiancY

Yeah I picked Colossus out of me liking him in the comics, he was pretty fun then he got boring, I respecced and he's a little bit more fun now but I'm unsure I'll keep going after I hit 60.

Yeah, funnily enough back in the day 4 out of the 5 starter heroes (Thing, Storm, Scarlet, Daredevil and Hawkeye) were garbage, only Scarlet has always been (and still is) pretty good. By now all but Thing are pretty godlike.
I'm glad they extended the starting roster to now 10, is it? I think it was 9 and then they added Rocket later on?

Anyway, I think most of those characters are good or at least fun. Do they say what character type you're picking? i.e. Colossus is a tank, Black Panther a melee DPS guy, etc.? If not, they really should add that. For some it's obvious but for some like Luke Cage or Rocket it's kinda ambiguous.

Yeah spot on. And yeah, I think it went to 9 with the refresh, and then they added Rocket. When the missus signed up she had all of them available and she went with Human Torch, who I think was an awesome choice as a starter hero. Not OP, but flashy with plenty of AoE and an easy intro to a newbie player. Colossus is a great addition too.

In fairness, I had more fun with Hawkeye going back to him a few months ago. I never would have considered 60'ing him as a starter hero though.

I don't think they stipulate the character type.

Carm

Apparently Gaz is adding G's to some past purchases. I was playing tonight with some friends and noticed I had 4k G's I didn't have before. After checking bank account to see if I've been charged I saw on the forum one post of someone getting 12k apparently. 2k of mine were apparently from buying the Mega Pack II in early July, I'm not sure where the other 2k is coming from though.

My boyfriend is thinking of picking up the game. He never played a Diablo-like ARPG before, and he said he would want to play a tankier character, as that allows you to take a few hits while learning the game/genre.
I suggested to him to pick up Colossus if he wanted pure tank, but also suggested Luke Cage or Punisher as options for being hybrid-ish. Though I mostly urged him to play Cap because not only is he tankier, but he's also a blast to play.

Did I suggest the wrong thing? lol

Apparently Gaz is adding G's to some past purchases. I was playing tonight with some friends and noticed I had 4k G's I didn't have before. After checking bank account to see if I've been charged I saw on the forum one post of someone getting 12k apparently. 2k of mine were apparently from buying the Mega Pack II in early July, I'm not sure where the other 2k is coming from though.

No change for me, 300G. Still 300G.

Must have just been mega packs or whatever.

I've bought Advance Packs and Fortune Card packs and stuff, but nothing showing for me.

Xevren

Had a really fun weekend with Marvel Heroes. Love Star lord, only gripe now is he's a bit too squishy. Finally have a spec that I really like playing with. Also really enjoy playing Rocket post 52 review. By far my most favorite ultimate with that mech. I got Silver Surfer as well and this guy just seems ridiculous, jesus.

What build did you end up settling with on Star-Lord, Xevren?

My boyfriend is thinking of picking up the game. He never played a Diablo-like ARPG before, and he said he would want to play a tankier character, as that allows you to take a few hits while learning the game/genre.
I suggested to him to pick up Colossus if he wanted pure tank, but also suggested Luke Cage or Punisher as options for being hybrid-ish. Though I mostly urged him to play Cap because not only is he tankier, but he's also a blast to play.

Did I suggest the wrong thing? lol

Good recommendation.

You could also have him grab the test server if he really doesn't know which character to start on.

I wouldn't recommend Punisher only because I personally thought he was one of the most bland characters in the game, but Colossus and Cage are great.

Good recommendation.

You could also have him grab the test server if he really doesn't know which character to start on.

I wouldn't recommend Punisher only because I personally thought he was one of the most bland characters in the game, but Colossus and Cage are great.

Yeah, I told him too that I found Punisher to be super boring, but there are people who actually enjoy playing him, believe it or not, so I did tell him to take it with a grain of salt. :)

Didn't think of the test server, but I think that'd be too much hassle for him to just go and try the game out.

Yeah, I told him too that I found Punisher to be super boring, but there are people who actually enjoy playing him, believe it or not, so I did tell him to take it with a grain of salt. :)

Oh yeah, there are definitely dedicated Punisher players. Only personal opinion, but I just couldn't get to enjoying him. Will play again once his 52 review hits though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my random dupe from the random box from the recent code was silver surfer, and now i cant use the ultimate token because my surfer is lvl 1 :(

I thought I read they changed that?

also I need to do some serious blending, between the defaults of all the latest heroes (surfer, reed, starlord) and the crap I got from the blender (thing black wife beater, one of the crappy wolverine costumes, and something else i forget) I can blend at least 2 costumes, just need some molecules :/

LuuKyK

my random dupe from the random box from the recent code was silver surfer, and now i cant use the ultimate token because my surfer is lvl 1 :(

I thought I read they changed that?

also I need to do some serious blending, between the defaults of all the latest heroes (surfer, reed, starlord) and the crap I got from the blender (thing black wife beater, one of the crappy wolverine costumes, and something else i forget) I can blend at least 2 costumes, just need some molecules :/

Can UMs be gifted or dropped? I have like 25 and I will never use them considering I barely buy costumes, so I can give you some if you want. I dont know when I will be playing again (probably tomorrow), but just post here or shoot me a PM whenever you are online. :)

Edit: and no they did not change that sadly, IIRC a dev said in an AMA recently that its a hard thing to implement because of how ultimates are coded to unlock at a certain level, so making a token usable at level 1 would mess that up. But they also said they are looking into it for the future.

Mupod

Had an unstable molecules drop from a shared chest, was waiting on that to craft a new costume. Was joking to my friend on voice chat that if I got beta ray bill costume in my random I'd have to buy Thor with the last of my G.

jgHaYlK2soqe7.jpg

Welp.

At least I got Surfer in the BOGO, the last character I wanted.

Star-Lord is mostly geared out now...only missing his slot 2 but the cosmic I have in there is pretty nice. I'm using the destroyer energy rifle in his slot 1 because the element gun unique seems like ass.

As I expected it's tough to stay alive in cosmics against certain bosses. He has basically no defenses and unlike Strange or Rocket (the other ranged characters I play at 60) he doesn't have anything as a distraction. So I have to deal with BS like magneto and modok just randomly and unavoidably one shotting me with abilities I can't even see.

They really should have done more with the elemental tree, there was a lot of potential for cool abilities outside of just various types of shots. It would be great if they worked some defensive skills into earth and air, for example you could use charge+earth and make a little shield. I think we could have gotten a more interesting elemental tree if they'd spent more time on the character but deadlines need to be met..hopefully he gets some changes in the coming weeks.

All that aside his damage output really is great. I murder the target dummy faster than my geared-out Strange by a good margin. Of course, his starship abilities have long cooldowns and I'm relying on his melee attack. I like the idea of his melee execute but the hitbox on it is totally broken, hoping this in particular is fixed in the next patch.

Lord Phol

Awesome!! Are you also reading Civil War at the same time? That's what I'm doing

I've all ready been through civil war, rather not have the displeasure of doing it again.

Had the worst luck with Costumes yesterday, bought RR Enhanced and got Black Widow Classic (old-school). Put that and two others into the blender and get Planet Hulk (Not super bad but I don't have hulk and all ready got his costume covered with the Avengers one). Go for another blender and end up with Classic Loki (all ready have Enhanced Lady Loki). The RNG be a cruel mistress!

Sblargh

Banned
Hey all, I'm on media blackout because of GotG, including keeping the in-game chat closed; just wanted to say that, with a 44% chance of a new hero; I opened a new random box and got Psylocke! :)

Just wanted to say this to make kepow sad.

Lord Phol

Doing raids atm, great fun actually, good people! Downed first boss, loot is really awesome. Slag is a bitch to kill though, but I'm doing good defending with my NC :D.

Edit: Slag, Monolith, Sisters down!

Top Bottom