• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

Village

It's been my dream to be the scrub that everyone remembers more than the primary antagonist.

That is a noble goal.

Mine is to be either the person who provides exposition and is an insulting fountain of knowledge. Providing vital information , while also letting you know that you are indeed a shit.

Or

To be that character a bunch of people like , so they put me in a bunch of stuff and it pisses everyone who doesn't know peeps like that character.

Basically I wanna make people upset.

?oe?oe

C5aIzym.jpg

I love this cover!

Hey guys, going to be starting up the poll stuff soon! To get things rolling, I'll be posting one of the results of the newcomer choices shortly. The newcomers aren't going to be ranked, as there's really not that many consistent choices amongst them. Instead, I'm just going to share some of the more popular, interesting, or even funny choices I've come across, along with the quotes provided.

After that, onto the main event of the veteran Top 20 Countdown!

are you gonna provide a list of the newcomer choices by votes at the end at least?

-Horizon-

What Melee did that I think worked incredibly well is tried to mix 2 or 3 songs from the series into one song to bring in more variety, while only have two songs. Stuff like using the Mother battle start jingle to loop a song, and randomly adding a graceful save station portion to a Metroid song was really well done IMO.
The would be great for them to use that method. What would've only been a few songs turns into much more if combined. I'm all for it.

Hey guys, going to be starting up the poll stuff soon! To get things rolling, I'll be posting one of the results of the newcomer choices shortly. The newcomers aren't going to be ranked, as there's really not that many consistent choices amongst them. Instead, I'm just going to share some of the more popular, interesting, or even funny choices I've come across, along with the quotes provided.

It begins. I can't wait for this more than the POTD. Them priorities.

I will burn the boards if that is what it takes to get me in that fanfic.
You really want to get put in? Even as casualty #44? lol

Moonlight

Banned

I look forward to the secret Anna voting bloc's victory

yes i know there's no ranks

Fandangox

Does anyone think we will have music from Hyrule Warriors? The Skyloft remix from HW is pretty good. Sounds a bit Arena-ish (from DW3) which is one of the non-nintendo songs I would love to be in this game.

J@hranimo

Banned
I feel like if I were a character in the fanfic, I would get off'd in the same chapter lol. I hope the author reveals themselves by at least the Japanese 3DS release
You better! We need to know eventually!

Tripon

ShockingAlberto, Pop O Matic, Toxi, BGBW, Smithnco, Foxuzamai, Tripon, RMS_Gigantic and daboss should be in fan fiction then I'm pleased. :V Heck, I want to dragging everyone down with me.

Hey, hey. This story is about more you than me. I'm not the type of person to take the stage.

(AND I NEVER WILL.)

hiding+kitten+2.jpg

And our first newcomer choice is:
jqagop.png

The Masked Man

Notable Appearences
Mother 3 (2006)

Bio
The Masked Man is a mysterious character who debuts during the final scene of the fifth chapter of Mother 3, he is the secondary antagonist of Mother 3. He is the only other person besides Lucas capable of removing the seven Needles. He attacks with lightning, a sword, an arm cannon and some PSI powers; he also has the ability to destroy PSI Shields and use mechanical wings to fly away. He also has a move that is able to instantly render Lucas's entire party unconscious with a lightning attack, meaning that only himself and Lucas (because of the Courage Badge that was revealed to be a Franklin Badge) remain in the battle. The attack is unavoidable.

What NeoGAF Says (watch out for Mother 3 Spoilers!)
"Smash needs a 3rd Mother/Earthbound character, and this guy would be the correct choice, he has lots of attack and movement options, he has wings, a sword, a blaster, a helmet with a cyborg eye, and PSI powers, he would have the most complete attack options. And also, his appearance in Mother 3 is really low, but the times he's in, he's a tough dude and destroys everything he doesn't like." - Juansho

"Mother 3 is my favorite game, and Masked Man is my favorite character.
The relationship between the two brothers is the emotional power that drives the game, and Masked Man is the tragic figure that gives the story so much impact.
I envision him playing like a hodgepodge of Mega Man and Meta Knight--awesome, right?" - Masked Man

What do you guys think? Would The Masked Man make a worthy Smash opponent? Please mark spoilers accordingly!

Top Bottom