• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

georly

My prediction for tonight will be the "challenger approaching" screen, but of someone we already know, like Luigi. We're due for big info. New stages, more disconfirmed character trophies, more stage bosses. 1/4 of the most important pics are this week. Hnmnnng.

Still waiting on my Japanese 3ds to arrive :( any day now.

Crocodile

Right now I'm more surprised you managed to fit Ridley's face in your avatar right now lol.

C91BRV2.jpg

What always gets me about that gif is the mustached ape who rolls out of the screen. The way he does it is so hilarious :p

Neoxon

My prediction for tonight will be the "challenger approaching" screen, but of someone we already know, like Luigi. We're due for big info. New stages, more disconfirmed character trophies, more stage bosses. 1/4 of the most important pics are this week. Hnmnnng.

Still waiting on my Japanese 3ds to arrive :( any day now.
We just got Meta Knight. I don't think we're due for big info until September.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
We just got Meta Knight. I don't think we're due for big info until September.
I agree, no new info until the Wii U launch, 3DS version is literally a slideshow of PotDs until it gets patched with the game later. sakuraiiiii

I just want to say a quick thank-you to everyone here who recommended Kirby Triple Deluxe to me. I picked it up the other day and I'm having a blast. Beetle Kirby is soooo good.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm surprised Sakurai hasn't revealed anything big with Smash coming out on the 3DS so soon.... I feel confused with this tactic of his.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's August, dude.

Two months since E3.

Bimonthly Direct.

GIMME A NEW TRAILER ALREADY

Eh, screw it, I'm going to bed.

Didn't they do one for Hyrule Warriors this month? I'm honestly scared at the lack of news from Nintendo. Especially with the rumor of them having a remake every month in 2015, or has GAF already debunked that?

Didn't they do one for Hyrule Warriors this month? I'm honestly scared at the lack of news from Nintendo. Especially with the rumor of them having a remake every month in 2015, or has GAF already debunked that?

Its not a remake every month, its a game a month including a remake. That means Splatoon, Xenoblade, Zelda U, etc. are all on the list of "game a month"

JazzmanZ

Tonights pic of the day "Mewtwo returns!...as a pokeball item!, once released it mega evolves into one of two forms and unleashes attacks! watch out!"

random25

It's August, dude.

Two months since E3.

Bimonthly Direct.

GIMME A NEW TRAILER ALREADY

Eh, screw it, I'm going to bed.

We'll probably see a new direct (probably Smash-centric) by the end of the month or 1st week of September since the JP release is about 4 weeks away from now. But I'm also hoping for a general bi-monthly direct this August to showcase other upcoming games (a release date for XCX please :p).

Whaat? An un-hype Neiteio?

What is happening????

Not sure. I've been feelin' it lately myself.

I think it's common for people who are super-hyped to lose steam as the release gets closer. Hype is a difficult thing to maintain consistently, and with Smash so much of it comes from the unknown. But once you accept that in less than a month the biggest secrets will be out, the hype slows down.

Because now you're not waiting for the next Nintendo Direct announcement or surprise Dojo update. You're waiting a finite amount of time for the biggest reveal. Nothing between now and then, like some pictures of Meta Knight, is going to have the same effect as it would have when we didn't have release dates or when the Gemetsu Leak got blown apart.

Once you remove the unknown element, it's easier to just sit and wait.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized we haven't seen anything about Falcon or Meta Knight at all.

Top Bottom