• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

Feltrol

Banned
So, let's try to generate some more discussion.

Let's say Sakurai puts you in charge of adding one character (can be third party) with the following conditions:

- It has to be four-legged
- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

Who would you add? What would their moveset be?

In b4 Amaterasu

c44.png

Wolf Link

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People who complained about topics recurring in the threads should trying to start Smash 4 discussions rather than complaining about it. :/

I can't possibly be the only one who finds the constant discussion of some fanfic in the Smash news thread to be really annoying, right?
My active discussion in these topics has gone way down in the past few because of all the extraneous bullshit you have to wade through to get to anything worthwhile. It's been pretty frustrating to see one of my favorite discussion topics on NeoGaf become one of the absolute worst community threads on the site. This fanfiction talk is just a whole other level at this point though, and I wouldn't be sad to see discussion of it banned as it likely will be if it keeps getting pressed. Take that garbage to IRC.

I guess we can throw Captain Falcon back into the starter pile based on the box

Wonder what was up with him in Brawl...

And uhh... Toon Link is on the box too? Err... he would be weird as a starter
I had thought of bringing this up earlier, but I see this as just another mark on the board of all announced characters (save maybe third parties) being starters. It really is the clearest conclusion to draw based on the evidence and past events.

Let's say Sakurai puts you in charge of adding one character (can be third party) with the following conditions:

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu
Boney!
New_Age_Retro_Boney.PNG

Hey, hold on.

SmithnCo

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

Missile

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu
Poochy from Yoshi's Island, obviously. /s

Hmmm...that's actually a good question. I guess I'd go with Boney from Mother 3.

I do think it's pretty clear at this point that we are not getting the full roster before release like some of us anticipated. Character reveals haven't ramped up at all.

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

Rambi.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

cCjQIra.png

emb

I do think it's pretty clear at this point that we are not getting the full roster before release like some of us anticipated. Character reveals haven't ramped up at all.
Yeah. We're running out of time. It's probably going to be like Brawl, with several veterans unlockable and just a couple of newcomers that we didn't already know about.

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

Duck Hunt Dog. Revenge is sweet.

Golnei

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

Well, Ridley's usually quadrupedal when he's on the ground...

But since that probably doesn't count, maybe Boney? He'd probably be a quick, weak character whose abilities are mainly derived from items.

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

Does a person riding on a four-legged animal count? Because then, my choice would be Stahl from Awakening. He'd be the only spear-user, so even though five FE reps is excessive, I'd forgive Sakurai in this case.

-Horizon-

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

y3fpjVX.jpg

Drago

Midna & The Wolf. Heck, make it the Shadow Wolf, as it appears in Hyrule Warriors. The wolf does the running, jumping, biting, clawing, etc, while Midna casts magic, warps them around, and of course grapples with her hair-magic, which can also be used to manipulate items and grab ledges. The Final Smash would be the Fused Shadow.
thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif_zps11d45fe6.gif

Well we debunked that he would have to be on the back on the box at least.
Snake talk is awlays when I want to pop my head in SmashGAF.

With that said if he's in I wonder how he'll be tweaked. I definitely see his hit box and weight being fixed. Though there's numerous way to go about it. I'm ok with how snake is fixed (Not counting new movies) in ProjectM. Aside from only being able to use one grenade. Someone needs to explain that BS to me. That killed his whole grenade game.

snake is my main and PM seems to place a lot more emphasis on his hand to hand offense. Which is cool by me because it's as tremendous as ever. and even with only one grenade it's still quite useful if you get used to his different throws and learn to use it to space your opponent out (and also it's still super useful for recovery and punishment evasion). Only thing I don't like about PM snake is his tranq gun but I'm getting used to it.

if Snake is in Smash 4 I don't think he'll be changed too much tbh. Lighter and with a new weaker recovery move is my prediction

Golnei

prime_2_163052615.jpg

Actually, would the first form of Metroid Prime fit the silent quadruped criteria? Its shape is certainly more conducive to downsizing than other nameless characters.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well, Ridley's usually quadrupedal when he's on the ground...

But since that probably doesn't count, maybe Boney? He'd probably be a quick, weak character whose abilities are mainly derived from items.
I read Brony; yeesh I need some sleep.

My active discussion in these topics has gone way down in the past few because of all the extraneous bullshit you have to wade through to get to anything worthwhile. It's been pretty frustrating to see one of my favorite discussion topics on NeoGaf become one of the absolute worst community threads on the site. This fanfiction talk is just a whole other level at this point though, and I wouldn't be sad to see discussion of it banned as it likely will be if it keeps getting pressed. Take that garbage to IRC.

I'll be awaiting your arrival in the fanfic.

Jawmuncher

snake is my main and PM seems to place a lot more emphasis on his hand to hand offense. Which is cool by me because it's as tremendous as ever. and even with only one grenade it's still quite useful if you get used to his different throws and learn to use it to space your opponent out (and also it's still super useful for recovery and punishment evasion). Only thing I don't like about PM snake is his tranq gun but I'm getting used to it.

if Snake is in Smash 4 I don't think he'll be changed too much tbh. Lighter and with a new weaker recovery move is my prediction

Hmmm I guess I just need to mess around with him more.
I mainly play against my friends link and his keep away with the bomb,boomerang, arrow back to back makes it really hard to get in close to truly get the melee in. Never helps that he times when I throw the grenade to block it.

Does he come with a new Cortana based taunt? :3c

We know that some pokemon appear on it I think. Doesn't look like there are any other hazards and its flat with no other platforms.
I wonder if it switches between each elite 4 member.
I hope it's for the awesome elite four theme from x/y

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

In b4 Amaterasu

Polterpup.jpg

I wonder if Miis being unable to be used online is something they would eventually patch out if there's enough complaints.

I mean, a brain dead simple solution is just have all Miis in that mode look the same and be of medium size and there, problem solved, Miis online with no crude Mii faces.

SmithnCo

Is anyone here buying grips for their ds?

Still waiting on word about the CCP support... Though that download code thing doesn't mention it.

I might buy one of the Monhun CCPs if it supports it.

I probably will. Looks like SmashGAF needs to start recomending now.
I have the Nyko Power Grip but it would suck for something like smash. Hell it's really a shitty grip but the battery life is good.

I have that too and it does stink as a grip. Battery is really useful for long stretches with charging though.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if Miis being unable to be used online is something they would eventually patch out if there's enough complaints.

I mean, a brain dead simple solution is just have all Miis in that mode look the same and be of medium size and there, problem solved, Miis online with no crude Mii faces.

Im more surprised that wasn't the first idea for online play.

Does he come with a new Cortana based taunt? :3c

We know that some pokemon appear on it I think. Doesn't look like there are any other hazards and its flat with no other platforms.
I wonder if it switches between each elite 4 member.
I hope it' has the awesome elite four theme from x/y

And our next newcomer nomination is:
lsaypj.png

Jimmy T.

Notable Appearences
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
WarioWare: Twisted!
WarioWare: Touched!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
WarioWare: Snapped!
WarioWare: D.I.Y.
Game & Wario

Bio
Jimmy T. (the T. standing for Thang) is a major human character in the WarioWare series. He is an obsessive disco-dancer with a big blue afro wig and a mustache that resembles musical notes. He enjoys dancing at nightclubs, particularly Club Sugar. Jimmy currently resides in Diamond City. He first appeared in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! as one of Wario's friends who helped him produce microgames.

What NeoGAF Says
"Wario needs more reps, both Wario Land and WarioWare are classic series at this point. Magic is overrated, Mona's big appeal is her scooter and Wario's got that covered with his bike. 9-Volt doesn't make sense since he'd be repping Nintendo in a Nintendo mascot fighter! Who's really left? Jimmy fucking Thang. A music based fighter with fantastic hair and a small army of cats at his disposal." - Berordn

Well, what more can you say after Berordn's elegant response? What do you guys think? Could Jimmy T bring some much needed grooviness to the Smash roster? Does Warioware even need another rep and, if so, who?

Note: Unlike veterans, the newcomers being posted are not being revealed in order of most votes due to the amount of different choices; I'm just sharing the ones I find most interesting. However, for the last five newcomers, I will present those in order as the newcomers who got the most votes.

Previous Newcomer Candidates(click on them to find out more!)

Neiteio

I'll be awaiting your arrival in the fanfic.
Perfect ending for fanfic would be Green Mamba sitting in the tub, about to take a bubble bath, when the entire cast files through the bathroom door, all singing in unison, "It's that tiiiiiiiiime again," while Green Mamba giggles and claps his hands, splashing the water. A steel drum/jazz saxophone duet starts playing, similar to the first Arnold scene in "Commando" (where he's carrying the log through the woods), and the bubbles rising from the tub each depict scenes from the fanfic, mixed with random shots of Eddie Murphy laughing. At the end, Boss Doggie jumps in the water and spills it over the edge of the tub, and Sakurai peers through the open window, saying, "Bad doggy!" Cue the group laugh, and then the shot where we all jump at the same time and it freeze-frames: SMASH-GAF

Top Bottom