• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

The first three WarioWare games are some of my favorite handheld Nintendo games ever, but I really don't think we'll be getting a newcomer from that series(or Captain Syrup, for that matter). I do hope we get actual trophies of WarioWare Inc. crew this time around, though!

Kriken

Anyone banking over non-3DS exclusive characters are in for big disappointment.

C'mon.

thatsthejoke.jpg

emb

And our next newcomer nomination is:
lsaypj.png

Jimmy T.

Notable Appearences
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
WarioWare: Twisted!
WarioWare: Touched!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
WarioWare: Snapped!
WarioWare: D.I.Y.
Game & Wario

Bio
Jimmy T. (the T. standing for Thang) is a major human character in the WarioWare series. He is an obsessive disco-dancer with a big blue afro wig and a mustache that resembles musical notes. He enjoys dancing at nightclubs, particularly Club Sugar. Jimmy currently resides in Diamond City. He first appeared in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! as one of Wario's friends who helped him produce microgames.

What NeoGAF Says

Well, what more can you say after Berordn's elegant response? What do you guys think? Could Jimmy T bring some much needed grooviness to the Smash roster? Does Warioware even need another rep and, if so, who?
Can you include archive links in these things so I can look at the previous ones? Cool stuff.

Also I thought those quotes were anonymous. <.< I probably shouldn't have written dumb things. But it'll probably be filtered out anyway.

lsaypj.png

Jimmy T.

Notable Appearences
Game & Wario

Bio
Jimmy T. (the T. standing for Thang) is a major human character in the WarioWare series. He is an obsessive disco-dancer with a big blue afro wig and a mustache that resembles musical notes. He enjoys dancing at nightclubs, particularly Club Sugar. Jimmy currently resides in Diamond City. He first appeared in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! as one of Wario's friends who helped him produce microgames.

What NeoGAF Says

Well, what more can you say after Berordn's elegant response? What do you guys think? Could Jimmy T bring some much needed grooviness to the Smash roster? Does Warioware even need another rep and, if so, who?
2nd newcomer I know nothing about lol

Yeah, sure, Jimmy can be in

... as an Elite Beat Agents clone!!!!

I mean, I've always seen Mona as the WarioWare series's next-in-line myself, as she reps the "weird" category of games that WarioWare is known for, and could have a moveset pulled from her numerous jobs. I'd love any WarioWare newcomer, though.

basically i'm incredibly biased against jimmy t as a playable smash character due to my dancing character preference

Jawmuncher

Jimmy is cool but I would prefer Mona or Ashley.

If he was in I would definitely want his moveset to be Sports based to go off his original appearance. Would be cool to have him kick with Ski's, throw basketballs, and stuff like that.

Feltrol

Banned
lsaypj.png

Jimmy T.

Notable Appearences
Game & Wario

Bio

What NeoGAF Says

Jimmy. T? I thought people would prefer Mona from the WarioWare series or Captain Syrup from the Wario Land series.

Good choice, nonetheless.

A Wario rep who isn't Captain Syrup? More WarioWare representation while Wario Land continues to be tragically ignored? I'm disappointed in you, SmashGAF. Plus, he'd be the most hideous character on the roster.

Sorry, I just can't get behind this one.

I'll be awaiting your arrival in the fanfic.

And his swift and painful departure.

Perfect ending for fanfic would be Green Mamba sitting in the tub, about to take a bubble bath, when the entire cast files through the bathroom door, all singing in unison, "It's that tiiiiiiiiime again," while Green Mamba giggles and claps his hands, splashing the water. A steel drum/jazz saxophone duet starts playing, similar to the first Arnold scene in "Commando" (where he's carrying the log through the woods), and the bubbles rising from the tub each depict scenes from the fanfic, mixed with random shots of Eddie Murphy laughing. At the end, Boss Doggie jumps in the water and spills it over the edge of the tub, and Sakurai peers through the open window, saying, "Bad doggy!" Cue the group laugh, and then the shot where we all jump at the same time and it freeze-frames: SMASH-GAF

ahahahahaha

Hmmm I guess I just need to mess around with him more.
I mainly play against my friends link and his keep away with the bomb,boomerang, arrow back to back makes it really hard to get in close to truly get the melee in. Never helps that he times when I throw the grenade to block it.

i have a friend who plays link really well and his keepaway is pretty good. i usually get around it by attacking him from above or behind. like I'll hop just over him and hit him with a backwards aerial coming down, roll up to him really quick and punish. or play some platform mindgames and drop C4 with reckless abandon to make so he doesn't get to comfortable. putting C4 about 1 prone Snake's length from the edge of your side of the map is a good way to keep a link player on edge if you can get them to move that way, and they may be hesitant to, limiting their options and making it easier to approach. when he's close at low percentages you can give him the old upthrow-shorthop-c4 stick (master this if you haven't this is the most potent killing tool in Snake's roster, many characters can be dispatched at as low as 40% if they jump too high or you knock em up, then activate the C4) or you can use your recovery to knock your opponent into the air and stun him for a sec, chain that into aerials, etc.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, are the Newcomer Choices the most popular votes?

Surprised Jimmy T. is wanted more than Masked Man.

Perfect ending for fanfic would be Green Mamba sitting in the tub, about to take a bubble bath, when the entire cast files through the bathroom door, all singing in unison, "It's that tiiiiiiiiime again," while Green Mamba giggles and claps his hands, splashing the water. A steel drum/jazz saxophone duet starts playing, similar to the first Arnold scene in "Commando" (where he's carrying the log through the woods), and the bubbles rising from the tub each depict scenes from the fanfic, mixed with random shots of Eddie Murphy laughing. At the end, Boss Doggie jumps in the water and spills it over the edge of the tub, and Sakurai peers through the open window, saying, "Bad doggy!" Cue the group laugh, and then the shot where we all jump at the same time and it freeze-frames: SMASH-GAF
1392217200163.jpg

Jawmuncher

I imagine the best solution would be that you, as the player, see your own Mii as you'd expect (just set to medium size), but everyone else would just see a generic system Mii of the same skin color and gender.

The lack of Mii's online and these simple fixes the community has come up with already.
Definitely makes it seem like something that will need to be patched.

I apologize in advance.

&#3232;_&#3232;

Kriken

lsaypj.png

Jimmy T.

Notable Appearences
Game & Wario

Bio

What NeoGAF Says

Previous Newcomer Candidates
The Masked Man

Interesting choice, also, can you PM me what I said for mine? I might want a redo since I don't think I wrote a decent reason in mine

You are my new favorite poster holy cow this post lol

Neiteio

Not graphic enough for snake. I need internal shots.
Jeez! Snake was like a mother to me!

*cue montage of scenes where Snake is wearing an apron trying to figure out how to fill a baby bottle with formula, while Baby Neiteio coos in her crib*

*defeated, Snake gives her a cigar to smoke on instead*

So, are the Newcomer Choices the most popular votes?

Surprised Jimmy T. is wanted more than Masked Man.
Nope! Haha, I'll put a disclaimer in the posts from now on as I think I've confused everyone.

There were so many different newcomer suggestions that I'm just posting the ones I found to be most interesting for discussion; however, for the last 5 posts, I'll reveal the 5 candidates that did actually get a lot of love. I'll post the complete list of suggestions once everything is done.

Interesting choice, also, can you PM me what I said for mine? I might want a redo since I don't think I wrote a decent reason in mine
Will do!

Jawmuncher

i have a friend who plays link really well and his keepaway is pretty good. i usually get around it by attacking him from above or behind. like I'll hop just over him and hit him with a backwards aerial coming down, roll up to him really quick and punish. or play some platform mindgames and drop C4 with reckless abandon to make so he doesn't get to comfortable. putting C4 about 1 prone Snake's length from the edge of your side of the map is a good way to keep a link player on edge if you can get them to move that way, and they may be hesitant to, limiting their options and making it easier to approach. when he's close at low percentages you can give him the old upthrow-shorthop-c4 stick or you can use your recovery to knock your opponent into the air and stun him for a sec, chain that into aerials, etc.

Those are some good tips I didn't even think of implementing. Will definitely mess with that and see how it goes next time we play. Also what is the deal with the uppercut? It it upsideways A or something? I do it randomly it seems.

Jimmy T. is pretty cool, but if we were ever getting another Wario rep I'd much sooner take Mona, Ashley, Kat and Ana (as one character), or 9-Volt. Jimmy's got some charm to him, but he just doesn't appeal to me as much as those others... and I think Kat and Ana in particular could have a really fun move set, too.

CronoShot

So, let's try to generate some more discussion.

Let's say Sakurai puts you in charge of adding one character (can be third party) with the following conditions:

- It has to be four-legged
- It can't be a Pokemon
- It can't speak

Who would you add? What would their moveset be?

In b4 Amaterasu

Ridley-Metroid-Prime.jpg

Jimmy T. is pretty cool, but if we were ever getting another Wario rep I'd much sooner take Mona, Ashley, Kat and Ana, or 9-Volt. Jimmy's got some charm to him, but he just doesn't appeal to me as much as the others I listed...
Personally, 9-Volt would be my choice, but Berordn brought up a good point about him not sticking out as much within the context of Smash Bros. Mona or Ashley would also be cool.

That's fucking awesome!

Those are some good tips I didn't even think of implementing. Will definitely mess with that and see how it goes next time we play. Also what is the deal with the uppercut? It it upsideways A or something? I do it randomly it seems.

uppercut is snake's uptilt. It's one of his better moves, it can chain into a C4 sticky or at low percentages into most of his aerials. you can even hit em with that, double jump, hit em with your Cypher recovery, and down/side aerial on the way down. its nowhere near the monstrous killing tool it used to be but many characters will still fall to it at 80%-100% i think, maybe less

i edited in a part about c4 stickying in my last post, I'll repost it. It's Snake's most important tool.

(master this if you haven't this is the most potent killing tool in Snake's roster, many characters can be dispatched at as low as 40% if they jump too high or you knock em up, then activate the C4)

also if link is hitting you close range at low % your recovery move is a great escape option that leaves him stunned for a sec

this is a weird tweak but this upped my snake game immensely and I'd suggest it to anyone - in controls, take tap jump off (imo), and make Y button a grab button. why? in the air, it will perform aerial attacks. when you land, it'll cancel that aerial attack. when you cancel, you can tap it again to grab your opponent and do what you will with him. that means you tap the Y button 3 times for a free combo. It simplifies l-cancelling to such an intense degree and works incredibly well with Snake and his awesome grab and aerials in particular.

Top Bottom