• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For Moderators, I'm really really appreciate how much that the moderators have been dealing with us. I'm pretty sure that they would felt the temptations to just LOCK our thread JUST GET IT OVER WITH so they can threw their head backward and laughing manically since we could make them snapped with our bizarre discussions. Heck, they didn't. They had tons of patiences to deal with us and let our thread last longer than it should have. I really appreciate their hard works and allowing our threads staying alive at long as it can until Wii U Release Date. Thank you Moderators for putting up with us, and we will tip our hats off for your hard works.

Moderators, I'm calling y'all out and ask you nicely to tell us how close did y'all were about to lock our threads due to our bizarre sacred rituals with heavenly booty and worse.

-Horizon-

For Moderators, I'm really really appreciate how much that the moderators have been dealing with us. I'm pretty sure that they would felt the temptations to just LOCK our thread JUST GET IT OVER WITH so they can threw their head backward and laughing manically since we could make them snapped with our bizarre discussions. Heck, they didn't. They had tons of patiences to deal with us and let our thread last longer than it should have. I really appreciate their hard works and allowing our threads staying alive at long as it can until Wii U Release Date.

Moderators, I'm calling y'all out and ask you nicely to tell us how close did y'all were about to lock our threads due to our bizarre sacred rituals with heavenly booty and worse.

inb4 "I get the urge to lock this thread every night"

it's amazing how good Smash Bros. is, just in general. It would have been soooo much easier to just make Street Fighter: Nintendo Edition back on the N64. Instead Sakurai and co actually put in some thought and made something original, and it turned out great. Having the simpler move inputs is brilliant too. I can play a character and try all their moves, without ever looking at a list or wondering if I'm missing something.

It baffles me when I hear people not wanting Sakurai to direct another Smash. For me, he's the heart and soul of the game, and the moment he stops directing them is the moment when Smash games lose most of their appeal.

Kriken

I'm sure Emcee has his fingers over the "Nuke the Smash Bros thread" all the time and eagerly awaits the days when it's no longer his responsibility to keep us from posting creepy stuff

Durden77

I apologize in advance.

Laurence-Fishburne.gif

Fireblend

Banned

Seriously though, I have no problem with having fun here. It's just that it's really easy to argue that while this should be a community thread, it's not yet, and as such there should be some valid discussion on Smash 4 along with the funny inside-joke-ish stuff, lest it gets locked the moment mods notice there are consecutive pages of nothing but meta-fanfiction discussion.

Not that I hate this thread or some other serious discussioners it's just that some people here can't keep control of themselves and keep posting ass shots of women and creepy fanart all along, like the night waiting for metanight had to be the worst point in this thread of all time.

This is true, but there's a difference between off-topic discussion and stuff that violates thread rule #1. Discussing the fanfic written about this thread, or discussing other video games starring characters in Smash, is much less of a problem than posting inappropriate content. I agree that the night MK was revealed was awful - frankly, I went to bed early because I saw no point sticking around the thread - but that wasn't harmless off-topic discussion, that was stuff approaching/crossing the rule #1 line.

Not necessary since we haven't heard anything from moderators about it. I guess we will have to stop only if moderators want them to stop.

Of course that needs to be stopped. At least I feel that way.

I contributed to the joke in all in good jest but I see now after exploring some other community threads that I should cool it down. Be more mindful and all that.

yes you should stop posting a picture of an anime woman's ass and a child robot staring at it every night for no reason

Yessir.

emb

It baffles me when I hear people not wanting Sakurai to direct another Smash. For me, he's the heart and soul of the game, and the moment he stops directing them is the moment when Smash games lose most of their appeal.
I can't really imagine it under anyone else. I don't always agree with some of his overall choices recently... but I don't think anyone else can put the soul and care into. Especially seeing the Mega Man and Pac-Man reveals. There's so much focus on making sure everything is right. "Not just anyone can be in Smash Bros." The games are always jam packed with content, and even the marketing is over the top.

On the other hand, it's possible that others could pull it off now that the foundation has been laid. Looking at Project M, Brawl-, Brawl+, etc, it shows that with most of the work already done, even the fans can make some exciting games from the mold Smash sets. PM in particular just combines two of the actual Smash games, and manages to make something great.

RIP neiteio

i remember when you were just a lad appreciating the finer things in life, like carbink in competitive XY meta

but you either die or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

For Moderators, I'm really really appreciate how much that the moderators have been dealing with us. I'm pretty sure that they would felt the temptations to just LOCK our thread JUST GET IT OVER WITH so they can threw their head backward and laughing manically since we could make them snapped with our bizarre discussions. Heck, they didn't. They had tons of patiences to deal with us and let our thread last longer than it should have. I really appreciate their hard works and allowing our threads staying alive at long as it can until Wii U Release Date. Thank you Moderators for putting up with us, and we will tip our hats off for your hard works.

are you sure you want to know

J@hranimo

Banned
I feel like during this last month or so, we'll be getting more info a la leaks and the website so on-topic discussion will be the majority of discussion. I don't know about WeekendGAF though..

Neiteio

RIP neiteio

i remember when you were just a lad appreciating the finer things in life, like carbink in competitive XY meta

but you either die or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain
I'm hoping the fanfic will redeem my character and that Heath and I will live happily ever after. I have a big heart, I'm just difficult sometimes, and punch the people I love with brass knuckles made of nails (apparently).

Also, you mentioned Carbink — now there's someone who should be in Smash. His neutral special could be shirking off Talonflames (literally, he'd launch them at his opponents).

Flowmoney

Where do people here rank anyway , when it comes to super smash bros brawl/project m/etc skills? Who was considered the best at the time?
Before I arrived here as elite as I am.

Durden77

Ahhh...ok I see the Snake thread everyon'e talking about.

Don't think it proves anything truly until we know about Ness, Lucas, and Shulk, but it does continue to prove that sometimes it's hard to call myself a Nintendo fan.

So much needless hate for such an amazing character that only brought great diversity. It's made me sad for months.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm sure Emcee has his fingers over the "Nuke the Smash Bros thread" all the time and eagerly awaits the days when it's no longer his responsibility to keep us from posting creepy stuff

Yeah, I'm pretty sure of that sometime. Deadline is Dec 31, 2014 for now. Whenever Sakurai is going to announce the release date for Wii U.

Same here. I can't really see anyone replacing Sakurai yet, but someday we have to.

are you sure you want to know

I don't know. I would like to see what moderators were thinking of us but at same time it might not be good idea.

I'm hoping the fanfic will redeem my character and that Heath and I will live happily ever after. I have a big heart, I'm just difficult sometimes, and punch the people I love with brass knuckles made of nails (apparently).

Also, you mentioned Carbink — now there's someone who should be in Smash. His neutral special could be shirking off Talonflames (literally, he'd launch them at his opponents).

I'm pretty sure that we will. I'm shocked that you were a villain in first place.

Long ago there existed a thread where people discussed Smash.

What became of that thread? None remain who know.

Who say that you can get out of the bag! Go back in Cheetos Bag!

Blizzard

Banned

"There was a THREAD here.
It's gone now."

(I don't post much because I don't have much to add, but I really look forward to hearing all the details from the 3DS version, and then the U.S. release of the game at long last!)

exfatal

Aβydoς;125920070 said:
I think they're talking about the thread they opened when Skull Kid was revealed on Miiverse. The title was like "Skull Kid revealed for Smash Bros." and the OP started with "...as an assist trophy."

Lol that was hilarious, no ones up for a good laugh @ others expense these days :(

-Horizon-

I know it's hard to believe, but such a time existed.
Psssh, next thing you'll say is that weekend SmashGAF is a conspiracy to force SmashGAF into community.

Oh please, those things are defective, mine claimed I'd have 1 million dollars by now

No way Roy's coming back anyways
You need to use the ball when looking into a mirror at night and chanting "Masahiro Sakurai" three times.

I liked your avatar better when it was the cat that stared into your soul :[

Alternatively, he could be a Pokemon that functions like a badge of sorts where you equip him and he simultaneously casts Reflect behind you and Light Screen in front of you. Reflect dampens oncoming smashes, while Light Screen dampens enemy specials.

Top Bottom